SCALE?

Discussion in 'General Weekly Weigh-In' started by pinkstardust, 23 February 2010 Social URL.

1. pinkstardust

pinkstardust Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.91%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    I do have a scale that i weigh in on every week, but its not digital, so I went out to get a digital one, ended up with a Hanson HX6000 (the black glass one they make) and it keeps telling me I am 5 stone! I def am NOT 5 stone, I took out the battery to try and reset it, anyone have any ideas as to why the weight is so off? is it just broken or am I missing something?:confused:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. elizabeth

elizabeth Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    10st4lb(53.93%)
    Diet:
    No diet, just healthy eating
    Glass scales are notoriously susceptible to temperature changes in the environment, apparently. I found this out when a Hanson glass scale I bought a couple of years ago began giving very erratic weight readings during the winter. :D

Obviously if it's saying you're 5st it's wildly inaccurate. Take it back to wherever you got it and get a refund. Look for a stainless steel/ceramic/plastic scale instead. The one I have is by Homedics, steel with a ceramic tile platform, and absolutely accurate/consistent. I believe you can get it on Amazon.

4. pinkstardust

pinkstardust Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.91%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    thanks! i got it at argos and took it back this morning actually, opted to get a weight watcher scale that weighs down to the 1/4, tested it out and it works!
    just thought maybe the old one had been set to some ridic negative starting weight and had to be reset to zero, but I think thats not the case on digital scales.
    thanks for the info, will avoid glass scales from now on, didnt know that!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.