Scales - are digital ones REALLY accurate.. ??

smigget

No, no - don't worry, this isn't a lame excuse to blame the scales - all is well with the world and with SW, it's just that I can't fathom WHY, on more than one occasion, the digital ones in the en suite (which I always use after my shower) read two pounds more than the original needle ones that we demoted to the bathroom - plus, at the gym, their scales ALSO read that 2 pounds lighter than my digitals - anyone else had this experience???? Am just curious .... hubby reckons digital ones are more accurate, as did I (he has lost 2 stone in a year by the way - not thru SW but just by hard work at the gym every day) - anyway, yr thoughts on my scale problem plse :scale: ......

It does depend on the surface they are on. If your floor isn't entirely level then that can make a difference.

Ive found my scales can fluctuate by up to half a stone :eek: depending what part of the floor I put them on. They always go on the tiles in my mums kitchen... 3 up from the sink, 2 in from the unit :giggle:

Personally Ive always found digital more accurate than the others :)

The steam in the bathroom also affects digital scales x

hmmm.. that's an interesting thought - never would have thought of that - many thanks - by the way, I always weigh myself on the even tiled floor in the en suite, on the exact same tile every time!!! Maybe next time, I'll shower as usual in the en suite but take the digitals to the bathroom (also a nice even tiled floor) and weigh myself there! Will let you know what transpires - many thanks to all yr very prompt replies - u r all such a great bunch xxxxx

I have digital scales i use as a CDC - and one of the products we sell comes in a box that conveniently weighs 1stone. So every day i check they are reading accurately.

You could take a bag of sugar - sack of spuds etc up to the ensuite and check they read right.

I think that if you weigh yourself on the same scales, consistently then it shouldn't matter on slight variations between different scales. Keep to the same ones and you should be able to accurately see the weight losses each week :D

I was just going to say that! x

After *cough* breaking my scales *cough* I went and and bought some salter scales. But I can't see the pound lines. So yesterday I went and bought some more digital ones. These are weighing me a bit heavier, but for me personally it's better because I can see exactly what I am.

I have digital scales i use as a CDC - and one of the products we sell comes in a box that conveniently weighs 1stone. So every day i check they are reading accurately.

You could take a bag of sugar - sack of spuds etc up to the ensuite and check they read right.

That's a great idea Bev, although as a CDer I don't have any food in my flat so I haven't got anything to weigh. I might have to see if I can raid my Mum's cupboards because I'm curious to see how my scales weigh up :D

My scales are terrible I don't even use them any more. They are digital but I can get a different reading if I stand on them once get on weight step off and then stand on them again they can be up the 3 pounds different the second time??? wierd. Great if you didn't like the first number lol. They weren't cheap either. The only scales I'll trust are the SW consultants.

I know mine are fairly reliable and if I think the reading is wrong I will get off and on again to check then do it again to make sure

The steam in the bathroom also affects digital scales x

never knew this why?

I always put the scales on wooden floor. I have digital ones and mechanical both read the same :)

my bf said if you weigh upstairs in the house you will be heavier now he might have just been pulling my leg oh and never weigh on carpet???

No NEVER weigh on carpet as the pile will absorb some of the weight. Highly inaccurate.

Yeh I have the exact same problem - this morning I stood on the scales (flat tiled flooring and no carpet) and they read 3lb heavier than when I tried again a few minutes later!!! Plus, the old needle and dial scales once again weighed me LESS, by about 3lb!!! Also, once I'd eaten 2 x Nimble and 2 x B-Bel Lite for brekky, they weighed MORE !!! Unbelievable. I even moved them to the bathroom and tried there and am glad to say the weight shows the same as the en suite, so at least I know it's not a 'floor' issue, but nevertheless it's weird how they fluctuate .....

Lol my scales are digital to, but if I move them around the floor they can read v wonky. So I keep them in the same place lol I make sure my OH gets on them first so I cant pretend I've lost more lol x

Mine are better than SW's!!!!! I deffo should have had a gain after my antics last weekend, but SW scales said STS...... mine said I had gained a quarter pound, (jammy cow) lol! I know who's I believe!

I like the ones in Tesco that you put 50p in and it gives you your fat amount and BMI.

Back