Scales Haters UNITED....

Time4ME

MUST get a grip
Allo you luvly peeps....

I am sat at my desk having completely random thoughts about the scales & weight loss in general & felt total necessity to post my thoughts on this situation...... Sorry but here goes my witterings...

P1ssed off - you betccha! Why would I not be???? I'm following plan, drinking & doing all the 'stuff' I am meant to yet still I dont lose every week.

Is this something I need to question? Actually it isnt really, I know its a week but does from my brain downwards? It doesnt now a week, day month or year! So why does this weekly crap now become so important to me, or anyone else - we need to re-think as whilst we need the regiment of the control of weekly weigh ins ITS the overall picure that counts.... Which means nothing when someone types it thats lost the week you havent (er which incidentally is become a habit of mine.... Oh have I mentioned it already......)

Moving on, Sh!t, my thought patterns gone again! Oh yeah what I was going to mention in the hope that this will 'help' others is this....

In my life I have looked for every excuse not to complete my journey - I get to this stage (overweight) then use every excuse in the book not to finish what I started, convincing myself that 'I'm happy at what I've achieved'.... The reality of this is not so, if you start a journey its only complete when you are actually where you planned to be - I dont want to settle for half way there, or nearly there. I truly want to BE THERE, at GOAL, that is why I set myself the GOAL.

SO, instead of using my scales as an EXCUSE to not do what I set out to do. I now use my scales as a REMINDER that I cannot give up! I swear at them, and yes I use the 'F' word and when I step off I stick my fingers up at them. BUT I refuse to let a machine dictate to me whether I do or dont eat and what I do or dont eat!

And I am well and truly sorted in the head about this.... I am not envious of others efforts and scales being rewarding, I am different, we are all different - the same goals but all different minds & bodies.

Dont let your scales dictate to you - they are merely there for guidance....

Oh bugger - I've rambled alot, sorry guyzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz xxxx

Oi wake up!

Oh that is all so true! And now I shall also swear at my scales and stick my fingers up at them! Love that!

xxx

I thought I was the only one to give my scales the 2 fingers in the morning.... Its frustrating when i know i havent been 100% your so committed do you monitor your measurements?

I've had days of feeling as though I'm in a stand up fight with my scales but my attitude has always been that I am stronger than they are.

hope you feel better for the vent

Yes indeedy hun - I think there must've been a couple of pounds just in steam! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

well done you - I bet you feel better for that. it's good to know we all have similar feelings about the dratted scales. I have made a commitment to stop them ruling my life and it's actually working.

Like your thought about the journey too - you are quite right, we wouldn't dream of going on holiday and getting halfway there and not bothering to go the rest of the way. Why? becaue the reward for the journey STARTS when we get there. I gueess the same applies to completed weight loss, although of course there are rewards along the way too. Hang on, I'm getting rambly too now!

well done you - I bet you feel better for that. it's good to know we all have similar feelings about the dratted scales. I have made a commitment to stop them ruling my life and it's actually working.

Like your thought about the journey too - you are quite right, we wouldn't dream of going on holiday and getting halfway there and not bothering to go the rest of the way. Why? becaue the reward for the journey STARTS when we get there. I gueess the same applies to completed weight loss, although of course there are rewards along the way too. Hang on, I'm getting rambly too now!

Loving those rambles Barb xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rambling Wednesday - I like it. You can't beat a good ramble - and I should know!!

ah but wednesday is officially ramble day - haven't you ever heard that before? Apparently it all started when William Blundersbone was rambling in the Brecon Beacons. Yep he rambled and rambled and rambled and then realised it was wednesday and declared it rambling wednesday

Well wait til you get my PM then if you think this one was a ramble :D:D:D

Wednesdays have always been naked wednesdays in my house ;)

I'm loving this zen approach to the scales, its funny how you can feel fabulous, get on the dratted things and come crashing down. I made a deal with myself not to weigh myself this year (I use to weigh myself multiple times a day) and it was the freedom from that that led me to CD. I now weigh myself once a week on the allotted day at the allotted time and I know I will not mind what the scales say if I have been good and I feel good.

I agree the journey starts when we get to goal, in the mean time i'm doing my packing!!!!

We should so write a book people!

naked rambaling wednesdays gotta love it.

On the scales front I nearly throw mine out the window this morning "appartenly" Im 2lbs heavier that yesterday morning :mad::mad::mad:

Totallly agree with you clare, they should only be used for guidance i seem to have slipped back into stepting on them every morn and not once a week :( there so evil. I bet when we sleep at night they all get together and talk about us!!!!!!:eek:

Hi Time4me

I'm in the same position again cos I never finished the journey in the first place so hoping I can get there this time.

S
:)

Ps you are doing really well with your weight loss, congrats

naked rambaling wednesdays gotta love it.

On the scales front I nearly throw mine out the window this morning "appartenly" Im 2lbs heavier that yesterday morning :mad::mad::mad:

Totallly agree with you clare, they should only be used for guidance i seem to have slipped back into stepting on them every morn and not once a week :( there so evil. I bet when we sleep at night they all get together and talk about us!!!!!!:eek:

Its a bloody conspiracy.... They probably have their own flippin website xxxxx

Brilliant post Clare. My daily step on the scales sets my mood for the day so if I haven't lost I feel crap all day, but after reading your post NO MORE will these damn scales dictate my mood. Tahnks for posting it really is food for thought.

So right about the scales. I was cross about having stuck at 12 11 for a week, still there yesterday morning, went and worked out for an hour and stood on em again - 12 8! So either I was retaining water and sweated it out and showed my true weight or maybe my true weight was the heavier one and I lost water working out and maybe who knows what.

And I'm trying to remember that it's meant to be about FAT loss, not water, so have I lost fat and it's showing, or just water bloody hell I'm confused. Got me really muddled and down for the rest of the day. I am not going to weigh myself again till Friday, which is a milestone cos I'm one month on the diet then.

WheHey....It's back on again!!!

Up the REVOLUTION..BURN SCALES BURN!!!!

XXXXXXXXXXXX

well you think your scales are bad, WELL my little blighters have just played the cruelest trick on me!

So, scales only moved into my house a couple of weeks ago, and my OH has started to 'cut down' on food in an effort to loose weight too..

Well.. he said this morning, 'how much weight have you lost since we got our (our OUR? they're MINE) scales' .. so added it up.. and 8lbs I said triumphantly.. and you know what he said..

.......... ME TOO!! this is the Easter egg eating, 6 saugages and mash, pie eating food monster that eats and eats..

So my scales have told me that I've lost the same amount as him..

I want my money back

Love this thread pmsl ing .Well as stated this morning I hated my scales .I now have new scales as I throw them across room and they are now no more and I will bury them in the bin later .FFS I have 2.4 lbs to go before going up the plans and It just wont shift but my new scales have been shown the old scales and know what is coming if I dont lose a little in the morning .Feel very calm now

Love this thread pmsl ing .Well as stated this morning I hated my scales .I now have new scales as I throw them across room and they are now no more and I will bury them in the bin later .FFS I have 2.4 lbs to go before going up the plans and It just wont shift but my new scales have been shown the old scales and know what is coming if I dont lose a little in the morning .Feel very calm now

Cant tell you enough how I am feeling your frustrations Mand..... I've got 5lbs to go til I move up to 810 :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Back