scales not moving again

jools1986

Silver Member
still 15st exactly, creeping up to a one :(

it doesn't help that I am totally fed up of TFR and not getting results is not good :mad:

Jools keep going you know it will all come right in the end. I have been unable to get back 100% since my holiday but I keep trying and I know I will get there. We need to keep at it or we will be right back where we started before we can blink. Chin up we can do it together. xx

hey your doing great racheal think of it as an overall weightloss not just one week.
ive done lighterlife total before and after i think it was 14-15wks i actually put on 0.2lb. i had remained 100% abstinant so you can imagine how i felt. the only advice i got was to carry on as i was and keep drinking my water... i did and i lost 5lb the next week.
strange things happen on these diets noone will ever know why. you do look and you must feel amazing compared to when you started. think of that and before you know it youll be in the 14s forgetting how you feel right now...
good luck with the rest of your journey xx

Why dont you up the excersise a little and see if that helps it get moving again?

x

:whoopass: Right Missy, this is for you!
How can you say you're not getting good results? I've gone back to your post 3 days ago and you said you'd lost 4lbs and were 15st 2. You're now 15st and even if it does creep up to 15st 1lb that's still a 5lb loss over 8 days!!!!!!!
You need to see the bigger picture here. You're doing extremely well, resisting temptation, starting back at uni and generally having a stressful time.
I certainly find I lose more in the first half of the week than I do in the second. So what? It's the bigger picture that counts.
You are a strong and confident woman and you can do this. Actually, you ARE doing this!
:hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99:

Thanks for putting it into perspective!
I am so just so fed up with feeling like I'm suffering haha, I don't want to move up a plan though because I was this journey to be over as quickly as possible!!

I may try and up my exercise from now :)

In fact, looking at your goal list, you've recently ticked off a very significant one! Your lowest adult weight. That is pretty important! Each little bit off now is a huge success, in that context.

Hi Racheal , I know its frustrating when the scales dont move, but you ARE getting results! On a day to day basis it just seems slow and when you have days when nothing happens you wonder why you even bother, but you have to look at the bigger picture (or should i say the SMALLER picture).

I went on Exante total for just over 2 weeks, and for almost all that time my weight would not budge, omg how frustrating was that. I wanted to get a quick result, but unfortunatly it was just a bad coincidence that I hit a weight stall at the same time i started the Exante. It makes you wonder how you can exist on 600 cals a day, day after day after day, and not lose anything! But in the last 2 weeks ive lost 11lbs! and given im so close to target now thats an awful lot of weight to lose.

You have to accept that even on total solution you are not going to get a weight loss every day. It just isnt gonna happen, no matter how much you want it to. Whether its exante or any other diet, its unrealistic to expect daily losses, even sometimes weekly losses.

Personally i think you put a lot of pressure on yourself when you ordered 3 months worth in one go. Now you have a mountain of exante looking at you and I think you are feeling a bit trapped by it. You know it works, you just have to keep at it girl! Whether you like it or not you are gonna have to stick with it, and you will get the results. Look at how far you have come already, I know you are winner, and im sure you know you are winner. Good luck !

just measured myself to boost morale a bit
about 6 inches lost in 11 days from all over :D
gonna cut out bars for a few days see if I get a better loss

to bo honest, my shakes and bars are all packaged into weeks (I'm quite anal) so I just pull one out my wardrobe once a week so I'm not faced with boxes and boxes of shakes!

I just need to remember how quickly the past 3 months has gone and know that it will fly by now, it's less than 3 months! I have to stick at it because I could be looking at 7 stone weight loss at xmas

Maybe you need to stop weighing yourself so often if it is going to get you down if the scales dont move? Ive had times where Ive weighed midweek and not lost a pound, then on my actual weigh day have lost 3 or 4 lbs, its worked the same the other way around as well... lost 3 or 4lbs by midweek and get excited expecting a huge lose, then havent lost any more by the end of the week.

Im a scaleaholic as well but if it stops motivating me, I stop weighing so much.

Jools you need to stop the weighing. Weighing every day or several times a week works for some people and its fine if youre not going to be affected by the results but clearly you are. You need to stop putting yourself through this. Weigh yourself ONCE a week and thats all.

When I had my mid week weigh ins sometimes Id lost nothing other times I lost a good amount then lost nothing between then and weigh in. Now Im doing it once a week, I dont care when it comes off, so long as it comes off.

When you weigh every day I don't think you get a real result, I do find it hard to resist getting on the scales each day but at the same time I know it could have a negative effect on me if its not what I want to see! I think twice a week will give you a true picture.

PS I also put my soups, bars and shakes into order, I put a months worth in the box but make sure the flavours are mixed so I just need to take one out! Keeps me busy and not thinking about food!!

Back