Scales not moving this week...

Sez

has started again!!
As you will know I have been struggling big time this week, although the past two days have been better. Not perfect, but lots better.

I am drinking water as if it is going out of fashion, and I am feeling really really hungry. (I know, I know... my own fault ex-ketosis and all that!) I am so trying to think through everything I am doing, especially after my major, totally uncontrolled carb filled binge after WI last Thurs.

I had hoped the scales might have moved a bit. I mean, the big K or not, we are consuming very many less calories per day on this diet than any other arent we? I have done SW before, and although I never got this far, I was able to lose using their principles. Even with th eodd pick, I have done this week there is no way I have got anywhere near 1000 cals a day.

Is this just crooked thinking rearing its ugly head again? I just want to be back on the straight and narrow, and I truthfully am trying so hard to quieten those voices!

My WI is on Thurs again, but regretfully due to family commitments I cannot stay to group. (My daughter is in a school production and has to be at the theatre almost the same time as my group.)

Its a shame as this week my LLC has arranged for an aromatherapist to visit us with hints and tips.She has also made up for another member of our LLC some rubbing oils that are supposed to assist skin return..... Bugger, I need that!

Really feel for you. My weight loss is really slowing down and can't understand why!!!!! I'm sure its just going to take a bit of a run on the straight and narrow to get the weight loss going again. Keep the faith, I know it must hard because of the time you've been on LL but sure it'll be worth it in the long run. Keep challenging the voices and try to find some sort of mantra to keep you going. Mine is 'Its only food' and keep repeating that to myself!!! Sometimes I think I'm a bit mad! :D

Yes - I think it is crooked thinking. I often feel exactly the same. A few extra bits won't hurt because it's still way less than I would normally eat. BUT if you are taking in carbs, your body will use these first before using any fat. So you might be eating less calories but not using your fat reserves in the most efficient way.

I can't get all high and mighty because I've been in the same boat. :character00117: But let's both get out of it!

I can sympathise too.

After the weigh in yesterday afternoon I bereated myself for having gained 1lb - that in itself doesn't really bother me as I do need a visit to the loo (if you know what I mean :eek:) and my period is due but I know that if I had resisted the pizza and chips after bowling last week, I would have lost weight.

By failing to be true to myself on the diet, I failed myself.

I have 'cheated' (myself!) about 4 times on this diet and while I don't beat myself up over it I know that it has affected my weight loss.

The only way for this diet to truly work is to stay SS - we all know once we get into ketosis it is easy but by allowing ourselves to slip on and off the diet by picking on even 'healthy' foods we are sabotaging ourselves.

So let's grab those packs and that water and become meticulous like we have been on those weeks when we have enjoyed wonderful weight losses!

Let's do it even if the only motivation is not to waste that £66 a week!

Some times your body just stops losing weight for a while, it's kind of an adjustment period where it is checking that everything is ok before you continue losing again. Also some weeks you lose inches rather than weight, this can be because your fat cells have absorbed water rather than staying emptier after effectively releasing the fat.

I really hope that things start moving for you again soon. Try and stick to the diet to the letter to get your body and mind back into the diet completely.

good luck with the next week and stick at it

One thing I did a couple of weeks ago when I was trying to get back to 100% (after a gain and a bad week and I was feeling hungry) was have an extra pack if I needed to.

I didn't tell my LLC mind!

I thought - if it's a choice between an extra pack and nibbling, the extra pack is bound to be better. And I lost 4 lbs that week. I've got quite a few spares and therefore it wasn't a problem.

Just to add scales are evil. I am a chronic weigher but I keep telling myself it will catch up in the end. There has been no real logic to my weight loss including TOTM, excercise etc and my biggest loss was on my last week before starting management! I am now having the same panic about the scales not moving after week 1 but we have to trust in LL and not the scales. If not then we're all medical marvels!!

Hope this makes sense:)

Suz x

Back