Scales recommendations please!

LisaC

Gold Member
Could anyone please recommend a good pair of weighing scales for food?! Ive decided to go back to basics & weigh my HEXA's & HEXB's etc etc (that may be where Ive been going wrong...) but I want a new pair of scales as mine are quite old so I want to ensure accuracy.

I know this is batting for the other side, but I am still using my WW kitchen scales (I am an ex WW'er) and they are excellent - expensive but worth it. X

Thanks Donnie Ill look into those! Im also an ex-WW'er but the scales were the one thing I didn't buy from them!

I am with Donnie that WW scales seem to be good x

Donnie - where did you buy your scales? I had a look on the...dare I say WW site...& the only ones are new scales that tell you the points value, which I assume aren't the ones you have??!

Donnie - where did you buy your scales? I had a look on the...dare I say WW site...& the only ones are new scales that tell you the points value, which I assume aren't the ones you have??!

Actually Lisa - they are the ones I have, obviously I don't need the points values now, but the scales are really excellent and accurate.

I ordered them from the WW magazine at the time I think...

I suggest you try Tesco or Asda Direct, also Lakeland and Argos, it pays to shop around more these days I think. X

Actually Lisa - they are the ones I have, obviously I don't need the points values now, but the scales are really excellent and accurate.

I ordered them from the WW magazine at the time I think...

I suggest you try Tesco or Asda Direct, also Lakeland and Argos, it pays to shop around more these days I think. X

So do they tell you the weight as well as the points?? I was worried I'd end up only knowing the points value!

I got a pair in Tesco for under £10.( AWT unfortunately, can't stand the man!) but they look futuristic and weigh in both metric and English! I'm keen on saving the old pennies!

We got ours at Asda - off the shelf so to speak. They were really good until accidentally knocked off the work top!

Our Consultant always lets us know when they are on offer at Lidl. She always buys several sets to use as raffle prizes - says she feels they must think she's a junkie! We've now got Lidl ones screwed to the wall!!!

i have salters digital scales - you can put a bowl on go back to zero. it changes fromg/oz ml/floz and is excellent better then normal scales as are never accurate!

heh I have a rubbish manual set from Wilkies that cost £1.99

I've got the salter digital ones too - very accurate and cost just under £10 from Sainsbury's.

Back