scales scales scales.....

carrieclaus

Gold Member
dont worry im not scale hopping:eek::eek::eek:

my future m.i.l phoned this morning to tell me that she has weighed herself on 3 sets of scales today and they are all totally different!!! seriously how can anyone lose weight if all manufacturers are sooooooo wrong. her scales weighed her at 14st dead. boots scales weighed her 14st 4lbs and a wee set we have in work weighed her at 14st6lb!!! so in half an hour she had gained 6lbs!! i know this is not a true measurement but my question is HOW can they be soooooo different??
we all know if for any reason we couldnt get weighed and had to jump on another set how wld we know which one is true?
its a shame for her as initially she was afraid to weigh, she had got down to 12st 10lbs in the summer and hasnt weighed since. she wanted a print off so she could keep those as a marker every week and now she feels even worse.
what can i say to help her feel better??
ps ive had trouble with the boots scales in the past... they are horrendous! xx

Mmmm scales are weirdly all different it seems I am always about 600g different on my home scale to my LLC's scale, so I have 2 weights in my head, the one I want to be on my scale and my official LL Weight, for general maintenance though I use my own scales - and yes I am a scale hopper!!

For work (in the catering trade) all our scales are calibrated every so often, so probalby half the scales out there are not properly calibrated.

just a thought, but no real clue as to why they are all so different

J
xx

Mmmm scales are weirdly all different it seems I am always about 600g different on my home scale to my LLC's scale, so I have 2 weights in my head, the one I want to be on my scale and my official LL Weight, for general maintenance though I use my own scales - and yes I am a scale hopper!!

J
xx
Yup! Couldn't have said it better myself!! :)

I have the 2 weights in my head too... my scales have me about 3 or 4 lbs less than the LL scales... And since I've been using them for about 10 years, they are the ones which enable me to get my head around what weight I am!... I remember being 9st on them, so that's what I'm aiming for this time... :)

My folks scales make me about a stone lighter! :eek: Makes me feel good, but I know it's not right! What is funny is when my Mum says how she's 9st... course, she's not, she's more like 10, but I'm not gonna be the one to tell her that! ;)

Besides, it's the same deal for her... she knows her scales, so her guide is using them only... You know?

It is wrong though, how inaccurate they all seem to be... there should not be so much variety! A weight is a set thing... why don't they all say the same?! It's the scales sole purpose after all! I mean, is it too much to ask?! :confused:

;) xx

I'm guilty of weighing myself every single day - but I don't use it to actually look at the weight as such, I use it to see how much I'm losing over the week, i.e. I look at the difference in weight every day and it doesn't matter that my scales say something different to the LL scales. For my actual weight I'm going by the LL scales as prior to starting LLT I hadn't weighed myself in about 6 years. My scales are only mechanical scales so they're not amazingly accurate anyway, but it's nice to see the needle go down even a tiny bit.

And yeah, scales need to be calibrated regularly because they do slip a bit - but no one really does that on their home scales I think. Professional scales (such as LL scales and doctor's scales) should be properly maintained.

I have not gone near my home scales (they are now in my lock up awaiting disposal). I flirted with WW a couple of years ago and my scales lulled me into a false sense of security. They weren't digital and have never been fixed.

My advice is rely not on your scales but on you LL ones. For at home rely on how your body looks and feels. Failling that old clothes always do the job!

I suppose I'm lucky then,because my home scales,weigh the same as LL scales!

Sexy xx

Mum had to get a new set of scales for starting exante today. When i weighed myself yesterday morning (which i never do) it had said i'd lost 1.3/4 pound. I was gutted all day, then shocked when i went to my LLC and her scales said different? Since i was first weighed on those scales, I think i'll just stick to the LL ones :p x

My scales much lower than LLCs, but I think its the difference between first thing in the morning and no clothes, and fully dressed with shoes at night!

Back