Scales - The Addiction

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Sandrah78, 27 March 2009 Social URL.

1. Sandrah78

Sandrah78 Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I don't know about anyone else but I've had an addiction to the scales since buying them almost a year ago. Sometimes I would get weighed 7/8 times a day.
    In an attempt at 'cold turkey' I have removed the battery and left it in my drawer at work since yesterday morning. I will allow myself to bring it home for the night on Tuesday as my official weigh in is Wednesday night straight after work.
    I don't know if it will make any difference but who knows?;)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. gonabslim79

gonabslim79 Full Member

Start Weight:
    0st0lb
    Current Weight:
    0st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    0st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(NAN%)
    Diet:
    which day is it?
    good luck! i have the same addiction!

tried the hole hide the scales thing. my oh even hid them.

I managed to sniff them out though... am truly addicted...

4. Becs0375

Becs0375 Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Have to say mine are at my parents so I am not tempted to!!

5. rosinakathleen

rosinakathleen Big, busty and Blowsy!

Start Weight:
    24st6lb
    Current Weight:
    22st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(6.73%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I must admit (hangs head in shame!) I have 2 sets of scales and weigh myself religiously on them both every morning!

6. Rachella

Rachella Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(26.79%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting and shakes
    I was additcted but I've gone cold turkey now (without having to hide them!) because it was SERIOUSLY effecting my moods and I would get very down from not seeing what I wanted on the scales and I don't enjoy being down so I stopped. Now I feel I worry less about it and only get on edge the night before WI at group... my addiction was baaad and I was taking things out on my OH so going cold turkey has been for the best.

7. Sandrah78

Sandrah78 Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm the same as you Rachella, tried not to let it affect me but if I'd been good and the scales went up I would be in a bad mood, I must admit that I do feel better already. Have you noticed any affects on your losses?

8. not_lar_croft

not_lar_croft Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I have the same addiction and weigh myself several times a day. Its hard to break the habit and it rules my moods. Must try removing the battery or getting the kids to hide the scales!!!

9. Rachelina

Rachelina Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(12.82%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I used to weigh myself religiously but have stopped now, I get in horrendous bad moods otherwise and I find it affects what I eat (as in I stop having green days, and I love green days!), I end up starting to restrict my food and feeling hungry and then more likely to go off track.

So now I just relax about the scales, knowing that if I follow the plan, the weight will come off, I weigh myself mid week once only

10. angelslice

angelslice Full Member

It's so good to read these posts and know I'm not the only one who does this, and like everyone else said it does affect my mood and it gets taken out on hubby and kids and it's just not fair. It's a hard habit to break and does affect what else I eat that day. I think when it gets to that point you're bordering on eating disorder, it's certainly not healthy. I don't know if I'll stop before target but knowing I'm not alone helps x

11. Princess Sausage

Princess Sausage Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    SW EE
    I am a scale-a-holic too and I have to admit I weigh every morning!

12. Indieflower

Indieflower I have my mojo

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st13lb(39.27%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Red
    My scales have broken!! But I'm weighing myself in Boots every Saturday as I'm missing it too much!! lol. Disappointed myself with my weight today though...was hoping for more. Never mind there's always next week.

13. Sandrah78

Sandrah78 Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well, sadly I couldn't do a whole week without my scales and brought the battery home from work yesterday.

I wish I hadn't! I know hand-on-heart that I've stuck to the plan 100% this week, jumped on the scales in anticipation, only to find a 2.5lb gain. The scales haven't been wrong...ever. I'll have to wait for official WI tomorrow to find out if taking the battery out of them has screwed them up!

14. lauryloo

lauryloo Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.91%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I try to stay away from my scales as they weigh me very different than the class scales!

15. Sarette

Sarette Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st11lb(25.67%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    I was a scales-a-holic for the first few weeks, but now I just weigh in once a week. It was dictating my mood for the day if I didn't see something I liked on the scales! xx

16. Sandrah78

Sandrah78 Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    mine too - i've decided that if the scales are wrong tomorrow (and they seriously have to be) then I will get rid of them altogether.

17. tigerlily88

tigerlily88 Member

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(13.44%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have a love/hate relationship with the scales. this morning I weighed 2lbs less than yesterday morning. So at the moment, it's love :eek:

18. couteaux

couteaux Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.14%)
    Diet:
    Dukan!
    I do this toooo! Just weighed myself, feeling ever so positive and it is showing I've STS. :( I have my official WI tomorrow so will try not to weigh again as like others have said, it really does affect my mood!

I'm on a green day and am already considering other things to eat to get a loss for tomorrow. SO silly :(

19. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

20. sanicholl

sanicholl Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(11.69%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I am so glad to hear that I am not alone in my addiction! I don't own a set of scales to try and limit myself so I use my mums and I have to admit that I find it hard not to pop round just to use her scales (something I would never admit to her). I'm not attending a SW class this time as have all the info but I miss the "proper" weight ins as I keep hoping that my mums scales are wrong!!

21. Sandrah78

Sandrah78 Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well I am very sad to report that I have had a gain, 1.5lbs. I've gone through what I've had to eat over the last week, the syns etc and can come to nothing. The most I've had is 12 syns. GUTTED! Not TOTM or any other explanation. Cannot waver - I should get the loss I deserve next week, if not there must be a serious problem somewhere. Back to the food diaries to see if there's any 'hidden' syns.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.