Cruise PP Scallop Corals, Talk about inconsistent!

curvygirlie

I'm making 4 garlic and chilli scallops for tea but was wondering if i should keep their corals on. So i thought I should check in the Dukan book....

Page 21 of the book tells you to remove them as they're high in cholesterol, but the question was asked on the Dukan site (see below)

maggiea : Hello Dukan Team! Is it okay to eat the coral (roe) attached to scallops (roe is oeufs de poisson) Thanks.
Moderatrice hannah : Hi maggiea yes you are welcome to eat the roe it is full of protein and delicious! (I always find it amazing that it is often discarded when served in a restaurant!)

now i don't know what to do..!!???:confused:

I'd do what the book says! After all, the man wrote the book, not that comment! :)

but the diet has been updated since the book (which is 10 years old) and a lot if the info has been amended - (as we only know too well!) The comment by the moderator was made just a year ago?

I suppose it's moments like these when it would be useful to have paid for the Dukan coaching (not that I could afford those silly prices):confused:

Hi Annalise,

I suppose it all depends on whether you have issues with your cholesterol... I for one have cholesterol levels that are through the roof (thanks family tree!), so limit my eggs and would cut the corals off. If your cholesterol is ok, then it's completely up to you whether or not you do cut the corals off.

The comment made by the moderatice is more up to date than the book, so maybe you should go with that.

As a side note, as the book is so old (and what I've been going by), maybe Dr Dukan could update it???? Just a thought! ;)

I'd treat it in the same way as I treat the advice on eggs - if you are worried about cholesterol, remove the yolk, if not, gobble it up!

well i kept the corals on, cooked the scallops and ended up cutting 'em off as i didn't like em......pffft!

I agree that there should be a revised edition of the book, goodness knows there's enough people out there doing the diet now....

Back