scan bran cake or cookies recipes ??

Curly Wurly Scan Bran Cake:
This recipe is just 8 ½ syns for the whole cake and 1 healthy extra B choice.

Ingredients:

- 4 Scan Bran
- 1 Weetabix
- 1 tbsp. golden syrup
- 1 cup sweetener
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 Bashed up curly wurly

Cooking Instructions

1. Break the scan bran into pieces; pour on a little hot water to soften.

2. Once soft, mash with a fork. Add the Weetabix, sweetener, golden syrup & curly wurly (I use a frozen one as it is easier to break up). Mix well.

3. Add the beaten egg a little at a time until the mixture is soft but not runny.

4. Line a loaf tin with foil or non stick baking parchment. Place the mixture in the tin and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180c for about an hour

You can always replace the Curly Wurly with a sachet of Options hot chocolate drink (whatever flavour you prefer), this would reduce the syns to 4 ½ plus 1 healthy extra B choice

Curly Wurly Scan Bran Cake:

This recipe is just 8 ½ syns for the whole cake and 1 healthy extra B choice.

Ingredients:

- 4 Scan Bran
- 1 Weetabix
- 1 tbsp. golden syrup
- 1 cup sweetener
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 Bashed up curly wurly

Cooking Instructions

1. Break the scan bran into pieces; pour on a little hot water to soften.

2. Once soft, mash with a fork. Add the Weetabix, sweetener, golden syrup & curly wurly (I use a frozen one as it is easier to break up). Mix well.

3. Add the beaten egg a little at a time until the mixture is soft but not runny.

4. Line a loaf tin with foil or non stick baking parchment. Place the mixture in the tin and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180c for about an hour

You can always replace the Curly Wurly with a sachet of Options hot chocolate drink (whatever flavour you prefer), this would reduce the syns to 4 ½ plus 1 healthy extra B choice

That sounds amazing. I use to make all my scan bran cakes in the microwave but they were nasty will try the oven instead :)

if you don't want to use a curly wurly you can just substitute it for a flavoured Options sachet, I like the toffee one best, makes it like Sticky Toffee Pudding

ive tried a carrot cake attempt and it tastes rather nice considering whats in it! 42g all bran, 2 eggs , pinch of mix spice, 1 carrot grated, 1 tbs golden syrup and 28g sultanas topped with philimixed with lemon juice , i work it out as 6 syns between 12 cupcakes and the all bran is a healthy extra as is phili on green unless someone knows better ! x

ive tried a carrot cake attempt and it tastes rather nice considering whats in it! 42g all bran, 2 eggs , pinch of mix spice, 1 carrot grated, 1 tbs golden syrup and 28g sultanas topped with philimixed with lemon juice , i work it out as 6 syns between 12 cupcakes and the all bran is a healthy extra as is phili on green unless someone knows better ! x

oooh these sound nice as well :)

Hi everyone new to this myself not sure if this is going to post but I will definitely try the curly wurly scan bran cake sounds lush many thanks

This recipe sounds great, I am unsure of the cup measurement for sweetener. Sounds rather a lot of splenda. Please would you give me the measurement in grams.I presume you are referring to a sugar alternative.
Rosemary

I make the curly wurly one a lot but to a slightly different recipe. I add one sachet of hot choc and 3 tbsp of sweetener. I think the original recipe has 5tbsp of sweetner but I don't think it needs that much.

Back