scan bran cake tip

debjk

now that scan bran has gone from half a syn to 1 syn each thought I would share this tip it almost doubles the size of your cake without adding anymore syns make up as usual then in a seperate bowl whisk 1 egg white till stiff fold into mixture and put in the microwave as usual adding an extra 30 secs to a minute to the time makes a lighter fluffy cake almost double the size for no extra syns :) hth someone

dont forget to use a bigger container!

Thanks for the tip debjk, i've never made it in microwave how long do you usually cook it for?

I do it for about 8 minutes if I am adding an extra egg white but its trial and error after 7 minutes open the microwave and see if its firm to the touch if not close and do for another minute

My fave one atm is

2 tbsp of treacle 4 syns
1 tsp of mixed spice
1 tsp of orange essence
5 scan bran 5 syns
2 whole eggs
2tbsp sweetener
1 egg white

comes in at 9 syns the whole cake :)

soak scan bran in boiling water mix whole eggs, treacle, mixed spice, orange essence, sweetener and drained scan bran together. In a seperate bowl whisk egg white till stiff then gently fold the egg white into the scan bran mixture till all the lumps of egg white have mixed in microwave for 8 minutes makes a very moist sticky cake sometimes it sticks a bit to the container but its soo yummy I just scrape the container and eat all the stuck on bits lol

Thanks for that hun, will have a go at the recipe, i love sticky cakes too. x Looby

Back