Scan bran didn't work for me :(

PatchworkPuss said:
Lisa said she felt she was was eating too much free food on green so EE helps with her portion control. There is no reason why she should not do EE even as a vegetarian - you just don't eat any meat. Green is certainly not the only days that can suit vegetarians - some even do the odd red day if they want to to be strict with carb portions.

Honestly even that doesn't make sense to me :confused:

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Lisa said she felt she was was eating too much free food on green so EE helps with her portion control. There is no reason why she should not do EE even as a vegetarian - you just don't eat any meat. Green is certainly not the only days that can suit vegetarians - some even do the odd red day if they want to to be strict with carb portions.

Absolutely! On green I'd eat too many carbs, on EE I make sure I eat my 1/3 veg which is what makes it EE & it limits my carb intake. I miss my extra HEXB but doing EE the way it's meant to be works for me. It's no different to anyone else doing an EE meal just without the meat.

LisaC said:
Absolutely! On green I'd eat too many carbs, on EE I make sure I eat my 1/3 veg which is what makes it EE & it limits my carb intake. I miss my extra HEXB but doing EE the way it's meant to be works for me. It's no different to anyone else doing an EE meal just without the meat.

But I thought anyone doing EE without meat would automatically make it a Green day :confused: haha you totally messed my head up lol

But I thought anyone doing EE without meat would automatically make it a Green day :confused: haha you totally messed my head up lol

No because green meals can contain little or no superfree. On EE we're advised to have the 1/3 superfree which is what makes it EE. It works better for me, the amount of veg I eat now is crazy!

vanilla_cupcake said:

True! It makes more sense to just have 1/3rd superfree on green days ( which they recommend anyway) & give yourself the extra hex's. That way you're still limiting carb intake. You probably aren't getting enough fat in your diet without them (i know thats counter intutitive but you do need some fat)

True! It makes more sense to just have 1/3rd superfree on green days ( which they recommend anyway) & give yourself the extra hex's. That way you're still limiting carb intake. You probably aren't getting enough fat in your diet without them (i know thats counter intutitive but you do need some fat)

Back when I did Green days I was never told to I include 1/3 superfree so my meal was generally 2/3 carbs & 1/3 protein & I was finding it was too many carbs & I wasn't losing as well. If I have my extra HEXB surely that would mean I'd be increasing y carb intake i.e. bread/hi fi bar?? Would be I taking in more fat if I had the extra A & B choices??

LisaC said:
Back when I did Green days I was never told to I include 1/3 superfree so my meal was generally 2/3 carbs & 1/3 protein & I was finding it was too many carbs & I wasn't losing as well. If I have my extra HEXB surely that would mean I'd be increasing y carb intake i.e. bread/hi fi bar?? Would be I taking in more fat if I had the extra A & B choices??

Why couldn't you have 1/3rd superfree on a green day though? No reason at all why you can't do that if you are doing it already with extra easy. You would be taking on more fat but bear in mind that carbs don't have v much fat at all, & nearly all of your fat intake on extra easy comes from lean meats - thats why you can only have one hea & one heb. So by following extra easy without eating meat you aren't getting that fat.

Not only do you need a small amount of fat to looss weight, you also need it to absorb certain vitamins.

Why do 2/3 carbs and 1/3 protein? Why not 2/3 protein and 1/3 carbs? Or ideally 1/3 of each?

Got to agree with the others there is no point doing EE as a veggie - and if you're worried about carbs just make sure you eat 1/3 superfree which you're doing on EE anyway. I do Green nearly every day and I dont eat a massive amount of carbs - I almost ALWAYS eat AT LEAST 1/3 superfree, usually more. My diary is here if you want to take a look (I'm not veggie so there is often a bit of meat in it but it's usually 1HEXB of chicken)

Why not eat as EE but have your 2 HEXA's and 2 HEXBs? That's basically how I do my Green Day. I get all 4 HEXes but limit my intake of high-calorie free food (protein/carbs) by eating plenty of superfree.

There's minimal carbs in one damn HEXB tbh... it's 120 calories, that's absolutely naff all... :confused: It's about two apples worth... You'd need to eat thirty of them to put a pound on...

Also agree that if you're doing EE with no meat you NEED the extra fat.

Why do 2/3 carbs and 1/3 protein?

Why not eat as EE but have your 2 HEXA's and 2 HEXBs? That's basically how I do my Green Day. I get all 4 HEXes but limit my intake of high-calorie free food (protein/carbs) by eating plenty of superfree.

There's minimal carbs in one damn HEXB tbh... it's 120 calories, that's absolutely naff all... :confused: It's about two apples worth... You'd need to eat thirty of them to put a pound on...

Also agree that if you're doing EE with no meat you NEED the extra fat.

I had no idea of this! My last consultant recommended EE to everyone, she often brought out at group that I was veggie & still able to follow EE which led me to believe I was following the best plan. I'd always been told that Green didn't need 1/3 superfree, id always throw in some veg but never the amount I have now. I stopped going to class & do it on my own at home which means I only get "up to date" info on here but the 1/3 rule hasn't changed with the plans, it looks like I was never told. I didn't realise having less HEX was because of the fats in meat, I may try going back to 2 A's & B's & see how I get on.

There isn's a best plan - the best plan is the one that works for you. And if having that rule on EE means you get superfree foods that you wouldn't necessarily have on green then go for it. Having the two extra HEs will not give you give you more fat in your diet unless you are having olive oil, nuts or seeds for your HEB. SW say you do not even have to use your HEs if you don't want, they are there to promote a balanced diet rather than improve losses so you are not losing out by having one less a day.

If it is working for you and you need that structure to make sure you have your superfree then go ahead.

There isn's a best plan - the best plan is the one that works for you. And if having that rule on EE means you get superfree foods that you wouldn't necessarily have on green then go for it. Having the two extra HEs will not give you give you more fat in your diet unless you are having olive oil, nuts or seeds for your HEB.

I don't eat things like that, I'd use my B choice on bread (which I already have) or a hi fi bar etc. That's why I was confused as to how i'd get fat from having my extra HEX's!

I had no idea of this! My last consultant recommended EE to everyone, she often brought out at group that I was veggie & still able to follow EE which led me to believe I was following the best plan. I'd always been told that Green didn't need 1/3 superfree, id always throw in some veg but never the amount I have now. I stopped going to class & do it on my own at home which means I only get "up to date" info on here but the 1/3 rule hasn't changed with the plans, it looks like I was never told. I didn't realise having less HEX was because of the fats in meat, I may try going back to 2 A's & B's & see how I get on.

You don't *have to* have 1/3 SF on Green - or on any day tbh (its YOUR diet, what works for YOU) - but it is recommended on all plans that you include 1/3 Superfree, it's just not pushed as strictly in class as it is for EE.

But even if it wasnt that's no reason NOT to include it! :confused: If the SF is working for you on EE then go ahead and eat it on Green too! That's how you *should* do it ideally - always plenty of superfree fruit & veg!

The HEXes aren't less on EE just because of fat, but if you're only eating two HEXes and no meat you might not be getting enough and you do need fat for absorbing nutrients such as calcium.

You also might not be getting enough protein, depending on how often you eat beans and other pulses.

HEXAs probably contain more fat tbh (milk & especially cheese) but HEXBs dont end at crispbreads/cereal you know! :D On Green you can use cheese as a HEXB as well as a HEXA and you can use nuts and seeds too which have lots of fat, fibre and protein in.

I'm sure you would be better on Green but eating plenty of superfree like you do at the minute on EE. Good luck x :)

Last edited:
I'd never been told that 1/3 superfree is recommended on all plans which is why my meals on Green days included very little superfree food. I know SW only 'rexommend' the 1/3 rule but I was under the impression if you were including 1/3 in your meals you were following EE, that's what my consultant implied & so that's how I took it.

I eat plenty of quorn to make sure I get the protein I don't get from meat. I don't like nuts & seeds etc which is a pain but I may have 2 HEXA's & up my cheese intake to include more fat.

I'd never been told that 1/3 superfree is recommended on all plans which is why my meals on Green days included very little superfree food. I know SW only 'rexommend' the 1/3 rule but I was under the impression if you were including 1/3 in your meals you were following EE, that's what my consultant implied & so that's how I took it.

I eat plenty of quorn to make sure I get the protein I don't get from meat. I don't like nuts & seeds etc which is a pain but I may have 2 HEXA's & up my cheese intake to include more fat.

Not at all - the 2 main rules for EE are 1) that you can ONLY have two HEXes and 2) you MUST include 1/3 Superfree. (as far as you can say you "must" do anything, given that it's YOUR diet).
That does not in any way mean that *because* youre eating 1/3 SF you *are* doing EE - no way. I think your consultant has misled you or at least not explained it very clearly.

On page 14 where it is explaining the Green plan it says Remember to fill 1/3 of your plate with Superfree foods. This just doesn't get pushed in class as much as it does for EE.

No reason to have just 2 HEXA's as cheese - you can use all 4 HEXes - A AND B - for cheese if you like.

PS On page 5 it says "The Green choice - perfect for vegetarians and people who prefer less meat and fish in their diet"

Do whatever seems to be working for you. If EE is working for you then just keep at it. If the losses slow try throwing in a few green days and have extra hex's. See what happens then. Just do what works for you.

My first consultant didn't give me a welcome meeting so I learnt it on my own & at the time it was red or green so obviously chose green but never had any of it explained! My second consultant was great but when I joined her class she only spoke to us about EE, I understaffed they push that plan more but neither consultant advised to have 1/3 on either plan, hence why I chose EE second time around. My losses are really slow on SW & have to admit that changing to two HEX's worries me that I may gain as I'll be taking in more :/

My first consultant didn't give me a welcome meeting so I learnt it on my own & at the time it was red or green so obviously chose green but never had any of it explained! My second consultant was great but when I joined her class she only spoke to us about EE, I understaffed they push that plan more but neither consultant advised to have 1/3 on either plan, hence why I chose EE second time around. My losses are really slow on SW & have to admit that changing to two HEX's worries me that I may gain as I'll be taking in more :/

It really annoys me that consultants are pushing EE, its not the only bloody plan on Slimming World!! EE doesn't work for me, I eat far too much on it, I do 5 Red Days and 2 Green Days, on my Green Days I have a yummy vegetable curry with rice and on the other I do cheesy SW chips with curry sauce :drool: that way I get my carb fix and feel like i'm not being deprived! I have better losses with Red which is why I do more of them than Green!

Having 2 extra HE's WILL NOT make you put on weight!! Try it for a few weeks and see how you go, it may even speed up your losses who knows!! :)

Back