Scan Bran Overdose

Sharm11

Is it possible to eat too much of this stuff? I started ot eat it on Wednesday night, had three, then had two yesterday. Also both days I had bran flakes for breakfast (on Green Plan). Last night had the most horrible stomach ache all night and again today - can only attribute it to eating too much bran. Anyone else ever had a problem like this?? :(

Yes I overdid it a few weeks ago!! Although it's very very good for you, I think it's possible to overdo it- but it got my bowels moving a treat and I had a good loss that week!! I'm not sure if your body has to get used to it, but I didn't want to take the risk again! I still eat Scan Bran but cautiously!!X

yes - if I eat too much, it certainly makes you go to the loo a lot if you eat too much, if I am having scan bran I will have weetabix for breakfast (1 weetabix and 4 scan bran are one HEXB), if I have bran flakes for breakfast I do not have scan bran.

Thanks for that, I thought that was the case as I'd been having bran flakes plus scan bran. I also read somewhere on the web that too much bran can cause a bowel blockage - so obviously needs to be treated with caution!

You have to make sure you drink plenty of water with it to soften the movement through the bowel. The point of bran is it is insoluble fibre used to move matter through the gut.

I had really bad stomach cramps when I first started eaten it and seem to remember someone mentioning they did once before. Its settled down now though x

To much bran can prevent your body absorbing the other nutrients such as vitamins from your food. As with everything on SW MODERATION is the key xx

Speaking of OD'ing on foods, do you think its wrong/unhealthy/too acidicy to get through a jar of picked onions in 2/3 days????

Speaking of OD'ing on foods, do you think its wrong/unhealthy/too acidicy to get through a jar of picked onions in 2/3 days????

As a fellow pickle addict and someone who O.D's on vinegar in general, I'm going to say it's fine and keep my fingers crossed that no one comes along with research that suggests I'm doing myself untold harm.
I read that vinegar lowers the total GI of meals thereby making you fuller for longer and clutched on to this fact as a green light for carrying on with my lifelong pickle/vinegar addiction.

Vinegar is high in acetic acid. And acetic acid, like other acids, can increase the body's absorption of important minerals from the foods we eat.
Vinegar may be especially useful to women, who generally have a hard time getting all the calcium their bodies need to keep bones strong and prevent the debilitating, bone-thinning disease osteoporosis. Fortunately for dairy-deprived women (and even those who do drink milk), a few splashes of vinegar may very well allow them to absorb more valuable calcium.vinegar may be able to inactivate some of the digestive enzymes that break the carbohydrates from food into sugar, thus slowing the absorption of sugar from a meal into the bloodstream. Slowing sugar absorption gives the insulin-resistant body more time to pull sugar out of the blood and thus helps prevent the blood sugar level from rising so high.

Back