Scan bran, worth eating?

prettykins

Not been having much luck with weight loss for a while and decided to buy scan bran for the first time! Got it from holland and barret, at the mo everything is buy one get one half price, and free delivery so was quite cheap.
Made a ginger cake with it tonight, wasn't that impressed really. Has anyone found that it really helps with losses?
I could prob tolerate it if I know it's helping.
Thanks x

I've bought it for first time last week mainly hoping it would help with going to the loo if I'm honest years if dieting has caused probs, and it has helped no end iv been using 4 scan bran a day mushed up like weetabix then whisk in 2 eggs 3 tbsp of sweetener and a coconut options drink then micro for 7 mins leave to cool and having with a cuppa its gorgeous and actually tastes like coconut cake and is really helping going to the Loo so that alone got to help with losses x

I chomped my way through a pack one week .. didn't see huge difference at scale. . Was so dry omg lol

Saying this I'll probably try and make something with the other pack at some point!

ive only ever bought scan bran once..... you do need to drink alot of water for it to be effective(or maybe that was just me). im not too found of the texture..

This may be a silly question but to scran bran taste anything like Ryvita? X
id say ryvita is nicer..(texture wise) and is a lil easier to eat. scan bran is quite hard.

I have found that it has helped in the toilet department, but I can't say I've seen excessive losses from it. But it is good to have the extra fibre. If your having trouble eating it (I could only manage 3 at the most with a tub of FF cottage cheese) I usually soak 1 or 2 in hot water for a couple of mins then drain and add to porridge or soups. Makes it much easier to eat that way.

It's really helped me, the thing to remember though is that x5 pieces per day = HEB otherwise they are 1 syn each. The SW challenge is to eat 5 pieces per day for 5 days, it has helped me hit target doing this and I don't actually mind it! Can't have it wet though I have it for lunch with Laughing Cow cheese triangles on, tomatoes, cooked meat etc etc and find the yellow packets a lot easier to eat than the blue packets they seem a bit softer in texture.

I quite like it, but I didn't find it helped at all with losing weight. The only thing you can do is try it and see how your body works with it.

i did the scan bran challenge 5 a day as heb, i lost a lb that week so no major loss and i have lost more than that on weeks without it so for me personally i dont think its worth it

I like scan bran with banana squashed on it then yogurt on each bit as I bite it. I really like them like that

Thanks for replies. Still got a packet and a half left so will try some different cake recipes. I think ryvita is so much nicer lol. Feels a bit like eating a loofah sponge x

I'm going to try the challenge this week starting today my weight losses are slow so going to give it a go . I don't like it dry so looked on web site and made Black Forest scan bran cake was surprised how nice it is some things I've tried in past have been pretty vile but that could just be my cooking ! The whole cake is 11syns but guess if you use it for hex deduct 5 syns I'll let you know how I get on my WI day is Thursday fingers crossed as I only need half a lb for my stone . Maybe give scan bran a try for the 5 day challenge Good luck x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back