Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Scan bran?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by scraggyanna, 24 January 2010 Social URL.

1. scraggyanna

scraggyanna Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(5.06%)
    What is it?

Is it just available at groups or in shops too? IF it is just at groups, is there another more mainstream alternative?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ConfusedGirl

ConfusedGirl Full Member

It's like a crispbread but can also be used in cakes. You can buy it from Holland and Barret.
    It's not that nice when eaten as a crispbread to be honest so i think most people use it in cakes.
    But from what i hear it is supposed to help speed up losses (correct me if im wrong anyone?)

4. scraggyanna

scraggyanna Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(5.06%)
    Ooh - speeding up losses sounds good!

I forgot to ask, if not eaten as part of HEB, what syns does it have?

5. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

its really fibre tastic - (makes you go!) i hate the taste of it unless its in a cake....it tastes vile (IMO) - ive only tried the one sort, i think there is an oaty version too.....? its £1.20 at meetings for 10 pieces i think.....x

6. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

think its half a syn per slice.:p

7. scraggyanna

scraggyanna Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(5.06%)
    Thanks Ellebear - my body is telling me I need a bit more fibre in my life, if you know what I mean - lol!

I shall try them - don't really eat cakes, so will see if I can stomach them as a crispbread first!

8. ConfusedGirl

ConfusedGirl Full Member

My OH's mum eats them with cottage cheese on top and thinks they're lovely! I tried it once with a laughing cow triangle spread on and managed to eat it but wasn't really to my taste! I do like the chocolate scan bran cake though :D

I think i read somewhere they had gone up to 1 syn? I could be wrong though so hopefully someone can correct me?

Ooh i'd like to try the oaty version! Never seen it in Holland and Barret though? xx

9. stephie0611

stephie0611 needs to focus!!!!

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    i eat them with low fat cheese ontop of them also, i quite like them, but they are best in the chocolate scan bran cake. I only get mine from Holland and Barrett as i dont go to class anymore.

i read they've went upto 1 syn also, even though it still says on the packet 1/2 syn. xx

10. soccermom

soccermom I AM A WEMITT x

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1.5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1.5lb(5.76%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I like them with a laughing cow triangle on them, I only have a couple and I syn them.

They taste like they have taken a bowl of all bran and crushed and flattened them to make a crispbread. :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.