Extra Easy scan bran

kimbilly1

Hi , trying to come up with low syn or free things to put on scan bran ? only been doing S/W for couple months on line , find snacking very limited , except fruit , yogurt .. would love any ideas for something more interesting .... lost 9lb so far struggling with last few pounds , don't always feel like cooking as hubby works away an only me & youngest son at home ( he's 17 ! ) a lot of the time .

I love my home-made liver pate, if that's your sort of thing - half chicken liver and half pigs liver, cut into chunks and cooked slowly in water with onions. Sieve it (keep some of the liquid though), let it cool a bit, and blend the whole lot in a food processor until smooth. Add garlic salt to taste and some of the reserved liquid to get the consistency you like (it will solidify a bit in the fridge anyway). If you like it a bit more creamy, it's nice with Lite Philadelphia mixed in as well but of course that uses some of your HexA allowance. If you're a pate and/or liver person like me you'll probably love it - if not it will be worse than the spawn of Satan lol. Hope you enjoy it anyway!

I have mine with laughing cow light or extra light triangles and tomato and cucumber, you've probably eaten it like that though x

I love my home-made liver pate, if that's your sort of thing - half chicken liver and half pigs liver, cut into chunks and cooked slowly in water with onions. Sieve it (keep some of the liquid though), let it cool a bit, and blend the whole lot in a food processor until smooth. Add garlic salt to taste and some of the reserved liquid to get the consistency you like (it will solidify a bit in the fridge anyway). If you like it a bit more creamy, it's nice with Lite Philadelphia mixed in as well but of course that uses some of your HexA allowance. If you're a pate and/or liver person like me you'll probably love it - if not it will be worse than the spawn of Satan lol. Hope you enjoy it anyway!

I have been missing pate, gonna try this.

Hope you enjoy it fattifi. I keep thinking about adding in some herbs but since I like it the way it is I haven't bothered yet! It does make a nice change from cottage cheese or the usual options though. Next time I may add some bacon into the mix as well and see if that works...

The recipe isreally easy

4 scan bran soaked in hot water
1 weetabix crushed
5oz grated m carrot. Lessthan 1@ syn each!
1 tbspn honey
2 tbspns mincemeat
3 eggs beaten plus another egg white
1 tspn cinnamon
1 tspn nutmeg
1/2 tspn mixed spice
mix all ingredients apart from 1 egg white in a large bowl. Whisk egg white until stiff then fold in. Spoon into silicone bun cases(makes about 12-14)place on a baking tray and bake at165°fan oven for sbout 30 mins

Back