1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice

Thought i had found the magic recipe!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by gleggers, 11 March 2014 Social URL.

1. gleggers

gleggers Well-Known Member

Have been doing SW for 10 months, have lost 1 stone and am just over half a stone away from target. My losses are slow and inconsistent even thought have only strayed from plan a couple of times in 10 months. I have tried 777 weeks, scan bran weeks, limited syn weeks, red day weeks in order to try and find the magic recipe to guarantee a weight loss. Last week I thought I'd cracked it - strict superfree with every meal and always keeping to within 15 syns per day (as opposed to saving them for a binge). I exercised twice during the week in the form of a spin class and a 5k run. I lost 2 lb, which for me is a big loss. I was over the moon as this involved nothing extreme - just plain and simple following the plan. This week I have been poorly - so I have been on antibiotics, painkillers and done no exercise. Other than this I stuck to what I thought was my newfound magic recipe for weight loss. I wasn't expecting a big loss, maybe just half a pound or so, however not in a million years was I expecting a gain!! 1.5lb on!! I am just so baffled and feel like I need to go back to the drawing board. I'd be grateful for any ideas - the scientist in me says keep to what I'm doing and put this week down to illness, inactivity and medication, however I feel like that target is still so far away and I really want to get there!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. lentil2

lentil2 Well-Known Member

It probably has a lot to do with you being ill and the medication.
    I am guessing though, that as you say you are a slow loser, that you have had gains along the way and so is this just part of your pattern anyway?

I admire you for sticking with it though and just proves that it will happen if you are patient

4. Antibiotics!! They mess with your system and I have had gains whenever I have had to take them.

5. pippalata

pippalata Well-Known Member

6. gleggers

I always record my food diary somehow - either on paper or on here. Last weeks is on here in the diary section - it's not completely up to date for the week but there are a good few days on here. Hoping its the antibiotics - although switched yesterday from amoxicillin to doxycycline so could be on for another gain this week :(

7. pippalata

Try not to focus on the weight, just focus on getting better. Try to fill your body with whole and nutritious foods and soon you'll be off the. I put on 7lbs after 10 days in antibiotics last year but it was largely water weight so don't panic!! It will go again!!

8. gleggers

Yeah I think you're right - as long as I don't fall completely off the wagon whilst I'm poorly then I can hopefully continue my mission to get to target once I am fully better x

9. pippalata

Exactly :) one thing at a time. Your health is the most important thing and the best thing you can do for your body right now is keep eating as many nutrients as possible :) hope you feel better soon x