Scan Bran

The effects are various.

It can make you fall asleep with boredom half way through eating it.

It can make your jaws work so hard while eating it, that you can't talk for the rest of the day.

It usually makes me wish I had eaten something - anything! - else.

But what it is supposed to be is an excellent source of fibre, so it is very bulky and fills you up, and also moves things along a bit faster, if you see what I mean.

It ensures that you drink enough water but unfortunately after taking a massive gulp after chewing each mouthful for what seems like hours you may end up feeling like your stomach is swishing around like a washing machine!

The effects are various.

It can make your jaws work so hard while eating it, that you can't talk for the rest of the day.

But what it is supposed to be is an excellent source of fibre, so it is very bulky and fills you up, and also moves things along a bit faster, if you see what I mean.

Haha! This made me laugh! My friend thinks all of these things too, but I actually enjoy it! It hasn't moved things along faster though, instead it seems to be holding things up! :-s

I had scan bran most days last week as my heb and I lost 4 lbs. It's really filling and stopped me from snacking between meals.

The effects are various.

Brill post Anna :D

I had scan bran most days last week as my heb and I lost 4 lbs. It's really filling and stopped me from snacking between meals.

I've really tried to do the same but find it so difficult to eat them. I even tried the scan bran cake which smelt lovely but tasted horrendous! You deserve a medal for having them every day for a week lol. What do you have with them?

I've really tried to do the same but find it so difficult to eat them. I even tried the scan bran cake which smelt lovely but tasted horrendous! You deserve a medal for having them every day for a week lol. What do you have with them?

I have my hea of laughing cow light on them or some ham and cheddar. I make the cherry bakewell scan bran cake and put a couple of teaspoons of coco powder in. Or mix a couple into a yogurt and fruit. I actually really like them now. I forgot to buy some this week and I'm snacking far more and wanting more syns than I did last week.

Maybe I'll have to persevere with them then...I had them with marmite on and it was really bland but actually ham and cheese might not be sooooo bad..the juiciness from the ham might help me to be able to chew them lol.

Definitely persevere, the laughing cow soaks in and makes them moist and the ham gives flavour. I never thought I would be a scan bran convert but I am lol

The effects are various.

This had me laughing!!!!

I do eat scan bran as its so filling but I make little chocolate bites with them which are as nice as anything made with scan bran can be

I add lots of cucumber on top of laughing cow or ham and cheese. Definately helps them go down. I Also soak one in hot water for a min or two and then mix it into porridge or soup, don't even notice its there but helps to keep yop full.

Definitely persevere, the laughing cow soaks in and makes them moist and the ham gives flavour. I never thought I would be a scan bran convert but I am lol

I have decided to give it another try so this morning for brekkie I had scan bran with philly light and marmite. I let the philly soak in for an hour before i added the marmite and ate it..it had softened slightly and was much more bearable. I actually found that it helped psychologically too because it took so long to eat that after 2 I decided I wasn't hungry anymore. I'll have to have the other 3 for my hexb at lunch lol.

The effects are various.

Another effect is it makes you realise just how tasty cardboard is in comparison.

It ensures that you drink enough water but unfortunately after taking a massive gulp after chewing each mouthful for what seems like hours you may end up feeling like your stomach is swishing around like a washing machine!

Crazies. Scan bran is awesome - I eat it every day. broken up with fruit and yogurt instead of cereal or with stuff spread on it like ryvita - even have it as a replacement for toast with my scrambled eggs. Never made cake with them though

I buy about 4 packs a week..

I bought some scan bran and oat bran today from H&B. I had it for lunch as my HEXb with light Philly (hexA) and ham. It was ok really. I'm trying a mini scan bran challenge. It's going to be my HEXB for a WHOLE week. I want to see if the 2lb loss rumours are true - although that may just be down to massive poos :-s (TMI?) haha

anyone care to join my mini scan bran challenge???

I bought some scan bran and oat bran today from H&B. I had it for lunch as my HEXb with light Philly (hexA) and ham. It was ok really. I'm trying a mini scan bran challenge. It's going to be my HEXB for a WHOLE week. I want to see if the 2lb loss rumours are true - although that may just be down to massive poos :-s (TMI?) haha

anyone care to join my mini scan bran challenge???

Ill join in. I need to buy some tomorrow at group so my challenge will start on Friday.

What the hey, il give it a go! I'll also have to stock up at group tomorrow so will start on Friday too.

Back