Extra Easy Scan bran!

clairebearx88x

Hello,

I am reading a lot of mixed views on scan bran, not the taste of it, but it's effectiveness! For those who have tried it, how many a day did you have and what were the results like?

A portion is 5 scan bran. I'd work up to that if you haven't had it before. Also up the fluid. Not enough will slow you down....not literally but internally iykwim. Just enough gets you moving....again not literally.... :eek: It's very dependant upon that as they are almost pure fibre.

Thanks for your reply :) my experience with 2 a day was, as you put it, a slowing down problem! But potentially if I have more it will be more regular? Awful subject , sorry!

Yes but dramatically increase fluid! Not just an extra glass. Extra litres we are talking!

I tried Scan Bran and really hated them so my consultant suggested using Weetabix instead (there is actually a taste difference!)

They are great for binding burgers/meatballs etc :)

This is of course if you are using them as an ingredient, if you use them as crisp-breads, I am not sure if Ryvita count as they are made from something slightly different I am told? :confused:

Back