Scanner app

Dietingdon

Silver Member
Be heard there is an app where you can scan a. Barcode and it tells u the pp in the item. Is this true and if so what is this app called?

Dietingdon said:
Be heard there is an app where you can scan a. Barcode and it tells u the pp in the item. Is this true and if so what is this app called?

The 'ultimate weightwatchers diary' claims to do it, but I think it's a bit like MFP and alot of the data is user imputted! :)

Dietingdon said:

It's called diet scan calc I have used it lots when shopping doesn't know everything but I spent an evening when first got it doing food cupboard & checking with ww calculator & it was right all except once good if out & haven't got time to key in all info even if used as rough guide until can check later.

Thanks for that, I've just downloaded it too, sure it will come in handy!

if you don't have the time to check the info you can always use the 1pp = 40cal rule. It's not always 100% accurate, but it is 99% of the time.

I'm on my way said:
Thanks for that, I've just downloaded it too, sure it will come in handy!

Have you had a play, asda thought I was their mystery shopper when I was using it - excellent service that day!!! Xx

Just tried it out on my o/h's chicken lattice but it didn't find it! Then remembered the value app had a scanner on it, 9pp!

Ive just downloaded the app, and so far it's all scanned correctly beside one item. Althoug I find it bizarre that it scans one tilda rice correctly and another on wrong.

Dietingdon said:
Ive just downloaded the app, and so far it's all scanned correctly beside one item. Althoug I find it bizarre that it scans one tilda rice correctly and another on wrong.

Is the database mostly user-entered? If so, that would probably account for it.

Back