Scared and crying? Not anymore, here is the new me! I AM BACK!!!!

Well done! Im back on the wagon after a major fall last week so no loss this week. Must keep going...

We are only human. I think it is great that you do not give up. You can do it! We can all do it!

well done elie, you are doing great, please up the water though x

Thanks canireallydothis! I will defo up the water as I felt really sick this week :( and I know it is the water. I promise I will be more serious from now on, as now I know what a difference it makes. To all the newbies who are ready this: water IS essential, trust me!

Call me crazy but I have now turned off all my radiators but the one in the bathroom. It is 17 degree in my flat but I wear warm clothes and I burn additional calories like that!!!

My flat is full of chocolate given to me by colleagues and pupils, but I swear not one chip will cross my lips (except the one on the CD bars of course! :giggle: ) and I will give them all to my BF when he comes to visit.

It is snowing a lot outised, but hopefully it won't settle. I can't see myself driving with snow :confused:

Elie xx

hey everybody and thenks for your messages.

I thought it was time to show you the results of 9 weeks of dieting.

Here are some pics of my weightloss. You cannot see much difference now, but I am feeling so much better after a 2stone loss! The 1st ones are after and the 2 last ones are before.

Elie xx

Attachments

• 9weeks-front1 (anon).JPG
    9weeks-front1 (anon).JPG
    231.2 KB · Views: 185
  • 9weeks-side1 (anon).JPG
    9weeks-side1 (anon).JPG
    163.2 KB · Views: 181
  • 9weeks-front3 (anon).JPG
    9weeks-front3 (anon).JPG
    209.9 KB · Views: 47
  • before-front1 (anon).JPG
    before-front1 (anon).JPG
    221.8 KB · Views: 187
  • before-side1 (anon).JPG
    before-side1 (anon).JPG
    179.7 KB · Views: 182
Hi Elie

You can notice a big difference between the before and after photos:):):) Wow you're doing so well, congratulations. Great pics Elie, thanks for posting.

Tracey
x

Wow thats great, keep up the good work. xx Looby lou:D

Hi Elie - just been having a browse through this thread. You're doing incredibly well, so well done!! It's really hard at first to imagine being able to lose any weight at all, let alone something like 8 stone (I had about 9 to lose initially). I didn't even know about any vlcd's out there, so for me it was important to change my lifestyle so that I was eating less and exercising more. I've been losing the weight slowly since about the beginning of 2007, but have lost 6 and a half stone so far. The more I lose the more comments I get from people noticing the difference, and this is what motivates me to stick with it. You can see a big difference in those pictures you posted..in another couple of months you'll have some more photos showing an even bigger difference!
This site is amazing - the people are so inspirational and supportive - I'm convinced joining has been the difference for so many people between being successful and not!

Aw thank you everyone. I can see a difference in my top half, but b****y hell I still have a huge bum! :p I am feeling so much better too. it helps in a lot of different ways.

I agree, I wouldn't have been able to do it without minimins. This is on this website that I discovered I could do CD, and everytime I feel a bit down, I rush on here and people's pics and comments boost me.

Thanks again.

Elie xx

Hi ladies!

Not a very good week diet-wise for me. I "only" lost 2.4lbs which is not bad though, considering that I have been poorly all week. I have a terrible sore-throat and a cold. But more is required to put Elie KO :D

Anyway, I could not drink as much as I wanted as it made me vomit. So I had to sip a little bit at a time...And there is only so much I can "sip" in one day. Plus I could barely keep my shakes in my stomach... My CDC said that it was because my body needed the AAM week. And it will have it next week when I travel to France to see my family. I can tell you that this is what helped me carrying on all week! The prospect of the holidays...:eek: The good news with the diet: I lost 5" off my hips since the start of CD :D

Because I cannot indulge on food and do not want to buy clothes yet, I did something very crazy: I bought a wii and a Harry Potter game. Usually I am not a great video game fan but I love the concept of the wii: no weird combination with your thumbs! In addition, I bought so that BF can play as well. He is a great fan of video games and like that, we can share :D

I have had the same nightmares several times now...I dream that I am still fat for my holidays in Tahiti. This is due I think to the fact that I compare my weightlosses to other women on here, and I know I shouldn't because we all are different. So I imagine that I will still be fat this summer. You see, I can't help but plan things WELL ahead (it is DNA ;)) and not knowing how I will be in the summer, not knowing the body I will have makes me stress! I know I am weird...:eek:

It is another CD day today. I don't really like Sundays. BF has to leave, and I have to get ready for work. I know that another long week is ahead and that I have to wait 6 days to weigh myself again!

I am sorry for this rather moaning post ladies! I am going back to sleep now. I think I need it! :rolleyes:

Elie xx

Hiya hun im from SW just browsing through the different sites and thought you initial post was very moving! well done so far and i must say you have done incredibly well!
ive got 4 1/2 stone to lose, initially i was 16st 4 now i am 14st.13lbs and i have found this site is helping me to stick at it.

Just wanted to say well done really

Ruthy xxx;)

Well done Elie x

I am back!

Hi lovely ladies!

I am BACK! I am so sorry I didn't give any news or did not reply to your lovely messages. So I take the opportunity now: THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT GIRLS, IT MEANS A LOT TO ME. And thanks Flirty40greeneyes for what you've done. It helped me see how much I had really lost!

Since the end of the holidays I have been having a rough time at work and of course it made me pretty depressed. BUT I am still a 100% on SS :eek:. I can't believe how dedicated I am to this diet. My family in France, when I came to visit them couldn't believe their eyes either and they were all very proud of me. Pleasing the people you love, is there anything better in life :)

My friends and colleagues have complimented me too, even the head! And my lovely pupils too :) I will need bigger doors with such a big head now :eek:

The only thing I am disappointed about: I am drinking the minimum and my skin is not as nice. SO my goal is to drink more!

As you can see on my ticker, I am almost doe with obesity! 1.7 points of BMI is nothing compared to the 7 or 8 I have lost so far.

I am feeling so much better. I have nicer clothes, I am feeling more confident, and my libido is back :p. I know it's bad but I can't help but feel pride of myself :eek:.

As you can also notice I have changed my goal weight. I talked with the doctor who said that I should aim for a BMI between 25 and 24 to start with and then see how I feel. let's face, I AM big boned and I'd rather keep my curves because I am not model material. I noticed that some women look stunning when thin, and some others, like me, hehe, would look underweight. Have you noticed that too? For ex, my sister is really thin (BMI 20) but she doesn't look skiny. Can you imagine me with the same BMI? LOL :giggle: I'd be all bony. So it is 25 to start with and then I will tone up, etc and let my body lose more if it needs too. My CDC agrees, so all is well.:)

I hope you are all OK.

Elie

Hi Elie, welcome back hun, great to see you. Well done for sticking with SS, brilliant you.

I know what you mean re BMI, my goal was always 11st, which left me with a BMI of 26.5, at that I was bony!!! Go with how you feel x

Hi Elie,

I just read though your whole thread and you must be so proud of yourself. You should go back and read some of the early stuff.

I'm sort of restarting my quest and you are really very inspiring thanks. Hope you continue to update.

Claire x

Hi Elie
what a fantastic thread. I am in week one of Slimming World and of the rest of my life. Have about 10 stone to lose and it seems so daunting but this forum is giving me such inspiration. My eldest son is getting married on 30th May 2009 and I really want to be able to choose an outfit from any shop in the country - I know I am going to be so proud of him and I want to make him proud too

Hi - just read your thread - you are doing fab !!!! i am a teacher too and the staffroom moans / bitching are too common !

What an inspiring thread!

Elie, you're doing fabulous! You should write a book! You've had me in stitches here tonight! Especially the part about your bf taking the batteries away!!:D

Hello girls! I am baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!! I have been through a very difficult patch family wise, and it seems that finally everything is going back to normal. My grandmother is safe, and my mum is so much better. And my sis is out of hospital. As you can see, a lot have been going on, but I am still dieting. I had to stop SS and go on the higher level, so I have not lost (but I have not put on wieght either). I hope you didn't mind my not going online for the past 3 months. :eek:

I am back on SS now, and doing just fine. I can't believe how determined I am! All this time dieting, me, the girl who always wanted more food at every meal.

Hi Elie, welcome back hun, great to see you. Well done for sticking with SS, brilliant you.

I know what you mean re BMI, my goal was always 11st, which left me with a BMI of 26.5, at that I was bony!!! Go with how you feel x

Thank canireallydothis! I am so happy you say that. Some people insist on saying to me that skinny is nicer. But I disagree. I'd look ill.

Hi Elie,

I just read though your whole thread and you must be so proud of yourself. You should go back and read some of the early stuff.

I'm sort of restarting my quest and you are really very inspiring thanks. Hope you continue to update.

Claire x

Thank you for this very kind message Claire. I certainly will reread all my thread now that I am SSing again, after 3 "nice" months on 1200 cal. It will help!

Hi Elie
what a fantastic thread. I am in week one of Slimming World and of the rest of my life. Have about 10 stone to lose and it seems so daunting but this forum is giving me such inspiration. My eldest son is getting married on 30th May 2009 and I really want to be able to choose an outfit from any shop in the country - I know I am going to be so proud of him and I want to make him proud too

Hi tenbars! 10 stones? You can deffo do it. Honest, I thought I'd never be able to lose half the weight that I have lost. And here I am. Feeling so much better and rediscovering a new person.

Hi - just read your thread - you are doing fab !!!! i am a teacher too and the staffroom moans / bitching are too common !

Hi Anne-Marie! Staffroom bitchiness, eh? I am glad it is not just me! I know that if any of my colleagues (except my closest friends) knew what I was doing, they would all be commenting. Better not to say how I have been losing the weight! I know I shouldn't have too, but I can't be bothered to justify myself to people I barely know in the staffroom.:rolleyes:

What an inspiring thread!

Elie, you're doing fabulous! You should write a book! You've had me in stitches here tonight! Especially the part about your bf taking the batteries away!!:D

Hi jacqu! He is still taking the batteries. Even though now I am not so scales addicted (for the time being)!

I am so glad to be back. I hope people are still as nice as they used to! :D

Elie

Back