Scared of losing weight

Harriet101

Hi - I don't know what to do. I have lost a stone and now i'm starting to sabotage it. The old compulsive eater in me is taking over.

I have written a blog post about it here:
weight loss sabotage

anyone got any advice of having these feelings and overcoming them?

cheers :(

Congratulations on your weight loss :)

I can really relate to this, I really am my own worst enemy sometimes and on most of the diets i have tried and failed at I end up sabotaging them. It usually sets in once i have lost enough that people start noticing and commenting on it or i think/feel better for it and before i know it...i've ruined it :(

I don't understand it at all as i am so unhappy being overweight, so i'm afraid I haven't got any useful advice for you, but you're not alone.

Hey there. Please don't think I'm taking the mick or being cheeky here. I read your blog, and you know what I see?

A blip.

A speed bump.

A minor diversion.

You do not have to be perfect all the time. You do not have to feel 100% motivated all the time. You do not, indeed you SHOULD not, feel guilty about food. Food is fuel, it is also a pleasure. If I might borrow from Buddhism for a minute here- if you do something unskilful, unmindful, then notice it, accept it, and resolve to do better next time. Then don't think of it again.

Otherwise you give the compulsive part of you too much power. She currently has the power to throw you utterly off track with just one meal! That's a lot of power!

Just my two penn'th. I wish you all the best and I know you'll get through this.

Hi and thanks for your thoughts.Boggins you are completely right - and if fact after a good night's sleep I had a much better day yesterday and feel much better about saying bye to the old me

Time to get back on the bike and move forward

Higgins,I like your thoughts...having a complete pig out of a morning....would usually turn it into a day of eating followed by massive guilt. Might just lock the cupboard doors now!

Hello, I hope it's not too late to reply. I'm a real newby
Your post reminded me so much of my last diet. I wonder if in retrospect you had to go to the supermarket to get the change.
I realised with myself that I would set up a whole, plausable chain of events just to put myself in a hard situation. Sounds loopy but it was true. Could you have bought a paper instead? Though there is temptation everywhere of course.
Best wishes,
Crumbs

Just joined so sorry for the late reply, try looking up a thing called Emotional Freedom Technique or EFT (also sometimes referred to as "tapping" because you tap accupressure points), there are free tutorials online on the major sites (can't link yet as a newbie) and also vids on YouTube, it's easy and pretty effective for this kind of thing, at least worth a go because it's really simple and quick to learn. :)

I think it's because the old sabotaging negative thoughts creep in. For me anyway, I have this "I will be perfect at X stone (whatever my goal weight) but until, I'm not good enough" thought in my head which I'm sure most dieters do too! But it's not true, which I have to remind myself regularly:) I have plenty of good points, as does everyone!! I think it's good to show yourself a bit of compassion especially when you're not feeling so hot and treat yourself like your own best friend. Theres no point in loving yourself when you're X stone, you might as well start right now:)

Back