Scared of starting 810; need some advice

Cartwoman

I guess I should come with a bit of a background story. I started cd over a year ago. I lost 6 stone in that year. Around October I got sick and tired of ss and decided to go on 810. I only did it for 2 weeks then I moved up the plans again. I slowly gained, also because I didn't stick to the plans any more. Two months long I was off the diet. I guess I needed a break, but the weight was slowly getting back since I didn't quit my old eating habbits.

I called my cdc and at the beginning of December I started ss again. I had crimbo and new years eve off, but other then that was on the plan 100%. However, lately I'm starting to dread being on ss. I'm finding it boring, I'm getting hungry and my old friend constipation is back and with a vengeance it seems. It was so bad that not even laxatives helped. I started using my medication again (I have had problems with my intestines since I was 15). These meds will kick me out of ketosis for sure, but I can't cope with the constipation any longer. Especially if you've been ss for a whole week, didn't cheat and you loose 2lbs. I felt gutted.

Now to get me back motivated I was thinking of doing 810 and stick with it for at least 6 weeks.
Now here comes my problem:
I weigh 10st 12.1lb now. I've always said that I wanted to weigh 10st 3.3lb before doing 810, since I'm so affraid of gaining weight on it.
My final goal is around 9st. What do you guys think? Should I just stick it out on ss for another couple of weeks and hope that I'll reach 10st 3.3lb in that time? Or should I just start 810? I'm just not sure what the loses can be. Really scared and confused right now. :cry:

Sorry - I don't really have any great advice as I have not used the 810 yet.

I just wanted to say - congratualtions on losing so much on SS last time, and although some weight has come back you have kept most of it off.

What ever you decide needs to be right for you. Even if it means losing weight a little slower - that's better than giving it all up altogether. Good luck whatever you decide.

Someone who can help wil be sure to comment soon.

you tend to stay in ketosis on the 810.

i would get your intestines/bowels sorted. it could be that on ss you need something every day to keep you regular.

it's a hard call. why not change shakes, try something new or even do ss+ for a week. you don't need to go up to 810 yet if you'd rather consolidate a little more.

you shouldn't gain weight on the 810, i've been on it most of the time this time round as my bmi went lower and i had to move to the 810. i've been bad lately, well since xmas and can't get my head back in the game again. however, i've recorded my losses below so you can see what i've lost on the 810. the lower losses were weeks i did mega exercise.

I felt exactly the same as you, SS just didn't feel right this time round and although I was 100% I really struggled with side effects this time round so went up to 810 last week and lost 4lbs. Definitely gonna stick to it although I would like to be out of ketosis as it is properly screwing with my cycle at the moment bit it did on SS too. I would recommend trying 810 for a week or so and see how you feel but u do recommend it! X

Look for rumblytums diary - she has been on 810 all the way and had great losses. I know how you were feeling though - I had to do 810 2 weeks ago as my add a meal week and was terrified that I would gain. In the end I lost 3lbs . However I was really glad to get on sole source again. I was very strict though and followed the allowances to the letter.

Thanks everyone. I decided to take the fiber meds that I'm supposed to have and be on 810. Just having that little bit of salad and chicken has already helped my mood so much. I seem to be a lot happier. I am well aware that my body might have to adjust this first week so I'm not even expecting losses or even a bit of gain, but looking at people's results on 810 I know if I stick to it I can still loose. I also decided I would start going to the gym this week and do some light excercise like cycling (very gently).
Thank you again all for making me feel less paranoid and soothing my mind ^^

WhaT I have done differently this time is have 2 teaspoons of physillium husks in my shake or soup and then a cup of hot water or a herbal tea as a chaser, I've not been bungee up at all this time around, I also quite like my soups or shakes being thicker. Has to be taken with enough water though

Back