Scared to start refeed!

Princess81

Hey
Just commented on a similar thread but just thought i'd start a new one anyhoo.

I am in a whole panic about refeeding. Did a lot of you feel the same?

I am due to start on Wednesday :confused: and I thought that I would be really looking forward to food but I'm more apprehensive and sort of a feeling of dread.

Strangely I'm looking forward to doing the food shopping and have everything planned, am thinking I will go after being weighed on Wednesday and get all my salad stuff for Wednesday's dinner.

Sense tells me that it has to be OK if I follow the instructions carefully. :rolleyes:

I've always been such a great lover of food (clearly the reason that i had to turn to TFR in the first place lol), it's wierd to me to feel anxious about it :eek:

Bit of a pointless thread but just wanted to say it all.

Hi,
Don't worry, I think we all felt the same. I had weird dreams the few days before that I was running round the local takeaways and stuffing as much in as possible like some sort of crazy lady!
The first time I ate it was so strange. Just stared at my plate for about 10 mins and then felt so guilty when I actually ate- this feeling will go!
Planning is the key! The fews day I haven't planned I end up picking etc or eating not that well.
You will be fine- just stick to the sheet and you won't go wrong!
We are all here if you need any support :)
T x

Thanks so much for that, I have been having strange dreams too, nothing to do with food though lol. Will let you know how it goes tomoro, xx

Don't worry I feel exactly the same. I have a team building event coming up on the 22nd July and was considering doing a re-feed the week beforehand or maintenance.

I am in two minds as I have been on it for a while and was really looking forward to being finnished by 21st August.

What do you advise?

Let me know how you do - Good Luck

hiya, i am sure you will be fine hun, as long as you stick to the refeed sheet, i was in a right mess for the first week, convinced that i was going to gain weight and felt guilty every time i ate, i was ok until it was time to introduce bread/rice/pasta/potatoes then i got so nervous but i lost 1lb and was over the moon that week, it isn't as bad as you think, just eat slowly, i timed myself on every meal and tried to take around 25 minutes on the small plate of food, chewing slowly and enjoying every mouthful,sounds silly but it worked....my old refeed diary is on here somewhere,take a look :) good luck x

Aw thanks everyone for your help and support. For some reason mh weight has dropped a bit more and I've gone 2lbs lighter than I intended to - not that i'm complaining! I actually had half a tin of tuna today as a snack and had milk in my coffee which was bliss!! I thought I'd do a gentle break in before my salad tomoro and I took it well. My pharmacist said last week that anytime now would be good to make a start. I feel fine having done this and am now a bit more confident about the whole thing. I'll let u know how I get on with it xx

I've now done ten days refeed and am now on my own, so to speak! Aaaggghh! I'm finding it hard not to pick, so have got lots of carrots and celery in, just in case. I'm worried about breakfasts, first one tomorrow, any ideas please?

I've now done ten days refeed and am now on my own, so to speak! Aaaggghh! I'm finding it hard not to pick, so have got lots of carrots and celery in, just in case. I'm worried about breakfasts, first one tomorrow, any ideas please?

Hey hun,
Don't worry! For breakfast I usually have 40 g bran flakes with semi skimmed milk or porridge. Sometimes have fruit with it or as a snack mid morning. This works for me but you have to find something that is right for you! I know some people have maintenance products but I find them too sweet to have first thing.
T x

Thanks TL, I like porridge and weetabix and also have skimmed milk, so will give that a go. Bit worried about my carbs, but I'm going to keep a diary and if my weight goes up, adjust my menus a bit.

Sounds great! I agree with you on adjusting- this is definitely a learning process! I have been having two lots of carbs a day- lunch a dinner and although I haven't gained any weight I haven't lost any so going to change that!
As I said before you just have to work out whats right for you.
Good luck!
T x

Back