1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Scared to try green!!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Loll1603, 9 June 2011 Social URL.

1. Loll1603

Loll1603 Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    Hello everyone!

I am starting Slimming World again after having a while off. I managed to lose around 2 stone doing Red days (and have kept it off yay :)) but last week I went back on plan doing red days and didnt lose. I am thinking about trying green days or alternating red and green but as I am a bit of a carb phobic I am reluctant to try.

Has anyone gone from doing just red days to doing green and has it worked ok? I know green works well for most people on here, I just know that usually the only time I ever lost weight before is when I have cut carbs!

Advice please! xxxx
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. woodmouse

woodmouse Gold Member

various then S&S/Paleo now 5:2 with 16.8
    I'm sorry I can't answer your question directly, but when I went to group (years ago) I found I couldn't lose on carbs, but now I've been mainly following Extra Easy since mid April, on my own, and lost about 12lbs. I find I sometimes crave a red or green day about once a week, so mix them up a bit, but that's o.k. :)
  4. Loads of people lose weight on green, including me. Then again, some don't. The only way to find out is to try.
  5. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

I lose weight on green days. I have no problem with carbohydrates, in fact I get hungrier on red days than I do on green so I tend to do more green.

Give it a week and try. Green days are cheaper too which is another reason I do plenty of them!
  6. Wegle

Wegle Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    I've only ever done green days so can't make the comparison between red but I've had no problem losing. Like the others have said give it a go and if it doesn't work try the EE.
  7. Daisysp8

Daisysp8 Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming world
    I know what you mean ... i`ve lost over a stone on red, but feel worried about doing green.

I did my first green day yesterday, and i`m doing another green day today ... daft but i find it more confusing than a red day.

Suppose it`s what you`re used to, but green seems harder to work out. I`m gonna do the odd green day i think :)
  8. mrsthunderbolt

mrsthunderbolt Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming world-green days.
    I'm veggie so only ever done Green & I'm finding it great. My mum used to alternate between Red & Green & she always lost weight.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.