Scarlett to target one day at a time

Oh hun :( how crappy. Sorry to hear it didn't go well but at least its a case now of 'you know where you stand' so can formulate a plan. When you say double the amount, did you mean 20k or double that?? I'll be honest with you, I think we are going to be in the same position when we go to enquire about mortgages and its kind of a scary prospect so can fully appreciate. Our biggest problem if they say the same to us is that my OH's job pays pretty poorly in comparison to mine so it makes it hard to save anyway.
Have a google, i'm sure there is loads of advise out there and also people blog about EVERYTHING nowadays so no doubt someone else will have shared a warts n all story about how they are doing it / done it.

Hope you managed to cheer up a little and have a good evening, having your nails done should have put a little smile on your face at least :) xxx

Was it an independent mortgage adviser? We don't do mortgages at our place so I'm not too sure how long the help to buy scheme run until? Could you wait until nearly the end of that period? Could you buy in a less expensive area say out of town. I don't suppose you have anything knocking around that would sell for £20k!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure it will all turn out ok in the end x

Hi Michelle, yes it was an independent one. The thing is my credit history will repair itself by 2017, as defaults last 6 years, however this totally throws out our plan getting married and buying a house next her, then trying for a baby the following year. That's the sh*tter really that if we can't get a mortgage next year it puts the babies back further :( afraid no 20k value objects here, well mikes guitars a worth a bit but that's his main hobby and he earnt and paid for them, would never ask him to sell them, especially as it's my fault we need more money now. Xx

Oh hun :( how crappy. Sorry to hear it didn't go well but at least its a case now of 'you know where you stand' so can formulate a plan. When you say double the amount, did you mean 20k or double that?? I'll be honest with you, I think we are going to be in the same position when we go to enquire about mortgages and its kind of a scary prospect so can fully appreciate. Our biggest problem if they say the same to us is that my OH's job pays pretty poorly in comparison to mine so it makes it hard to save anyway. Have a google, i'm sure there is loads of advise out there and also people blog about EVERYTHING nowadays so no doubt someone else will have shared a warts n all story about how they are doing it / done it. Hope you managed to cheer up a little and have a good evening, having your nails done should have put a little smile on your face at least :) xxx

Double the 20k, we need at least 20% which round here for a house is Bout 37,500, plus fees on top so 40k we need really.
We are doing well saving it's just trying to potentially find that whole amount over again that's daunting. They did say mike could apply on his own and then apply for a legal status so that we own it 50/50 but then the mortgage on his wages alone wouldn't cover a studio flat round here. I earn more than him too so it's a right bugger!
I will keep up hope though and sure we will come up with a plan, just seems a bit of a tall order at the moment x

Thanks both for replying xx

Back