Scary Hair situation! Gutted! Updated.

SummerRain

Wow!

Hubby just came in from work and as I walked past him he told me to hold on a sec as something caught his eye in my hair. He put his hand up to remove whatever it was, but he couldn't....its a bald patch :(:( :cry: It is about the size of two thumb widths..And it SHOWS!:cry:

I am so in bits :(:(

Yet stupidly I am still reluctant to give up on exante as it IS working but hubby is very wary for me now. So we have come to a compromise, I am going to have my 3 packs a day still, yet in the evening around 5pm I am going to have a small calorie controlled meal, by small I mean, I will use a side plate and it WILL be small portions BUT it will be all of the food groups (I won't shy from small amounts of carbs) but balanced as I have to do something before all my hair falls out :(

I was sooo focused on 100%TS and in my 4th week now but this side effect, the hair loss, is not something I can ignore.

I feel like I have "Given up"

I feel like pants :(

----------------

UPDATE:

Okay, so after reading around it does seem this is just a temp thing and extra supplements can help...soooooo...I am going to stick with TS unless it gets even a tiny smidgen worse...I am though going to pop and see my hairdresser and see what they say to :)

Last edited:
Oh I really do feel for you I was on Lipotrim before this and lots and lots of my hair fell out my hair used to be really thick but is now very fine I did ask my hairdresser about this and he says you will not go bald it is just the body using all nutrients to keep you going and nothing left for hair growth but when you do start to eat again it does come back I now take v.itamins to try and help with this now

Awww, don't feel like you have given up, your body obviously doesn't agree with this diet, but there are loads of others you can try and if you're really determined, you'll get there and still have your hair and happiness intact! :)

Thanks so much for your kind words. I am trying to look on the positives and the one thing I am desperate to do is exercise but I haven't because of being on such low cals, so now I am can do that at least. I am going to still have my 3 packs and keep the meal very low cal but balanced, I will try aim for about 300 cals. Kinda a "token" meal. I'm scared witless right now but still feel a complete failure, it was all going soooooo well :(

UPDATE:

Okay, so after reading around it does seem this is just a temp thing and extra supplements can help...soooooo...I am going to stick with TS unless it gets even a tiny smidgen worse...I am though going to pop and see my hairdresser and see what they say to :)

My hair came out a fair bit last time I did Cambridge, but it didn't carry on indefinitely. I also find using a shampoo without sodium chloride in it helps a lot - don't get anywhere near as much coming out in the shower.
There are quite a few around, but hard to find and some very expensive. If you're interested, let me know and I'll recommend a few :)

My hair started thinning at 4 weeks so i added a meal in and have continued loosing ( weight) a decent amount and my hair seems ok!!!My hairdresser recommended vits too but as yet ive not commenced them . Dont risk being a slim baldy, eat with confidence and enjoy it...just chose healthilty. Ive been having chicken and green veg, steak, ham and eggs...Ive still lost 5 lbs this week and am a similar weight to you hon xx

Try the hair and skin vitamin supplements - many of us lost lots of hair during our LL journey, and there supplements helped. Try not to worry too much, as your hair should thicken up when you finish the plan.

I'm much more relaxed about it this time, even though my plughole is solid every time I wash my hair - good for soaking my feet though whilst in the shower as I end up in a few inches of water!!! LoL

Watergirl, Thank you for that, I would LOVE those recommendations and I bet others would be interested to? x

Shona, Thank you sooooo much! You hit the nail on the head...I literally have NO confidence to eat! I am scared I won't have good losses when lets face it, we do these kind of diets for the good losses! Your results give me HUGE encouragement!! x

Try the hair and skin vitamin supplements - many of us lost lots of hair during our LL journey, and there supplements helped. Try not to worry too much, as your hair should thicken up when you finish the plan.

I'm much more relaxed about it this time, even though my plughole is solid every time I wash my hair - good for soaking my feet though whilst in the shower as I end up in a few inches of water!!! LoL

Well thats a positive lol! I have freaked myself out but am calming down now thankfully lol x

For everyday I use www.jasonnaturalcare.co.uk click on shampoos.
Hair just doesn't seem to fall out at all, but not as conditioning as Davines Nou Nou which I tend to get from www.salonskincare.co.uk
Makes your hair feel like silk.

The other thing that will do you the world of good, depending on what sort of hair you have is the brazilian blow dry, but I do mine at home. QOD Max on Ebay is what I use and it's about £20. You just put it on, blow dry and straighten. Have to then leave it for 3-4 days.
After that, because it's smoothed the hair shaft you spend no time at all blowdrying/straightening, so you're not having to damage your hair on a daily basis.

I dont blame you for freaking out! I would have! My hairs got really thin, which I hate so might have a look into hair supplements and stuff.

Back