Scary result on Ketostix - should I be worried?

Dunders

Me again!

This afternoon I picked up a box of Ketostix and have just tested myself - it's showing as ++++ which is the highest on the colour scale. I've read in the leaflet that a small amout is harmless, however large amounts can be dangerous. The leaflet doesn't go on to say what constitutes a large amount - any ideas?

As long as you are drinking enough water which i think i just read in another thread that you are, you should be ok. Do you feel ok?
The water will make you pee more which then flushes out the harmful ketones!

Hi Stinkybreath (feel bad calling you that!),
I'm drinking minimum of 2 litres of water a day, no more than 3 though - is that enough, should I increase it?

Im the same,my sticks are mostly the darkest colour too.Didnt know it was dangerous though....MUST drink more water.Im on about 2-3 litres a day.

Its indicating danger as these sticks are people who have medical problems like diabetes! not for us lipo-trimers! we are supose to have ketones in us, and its not dangerous as it fluctuates through out the day if u had a pint of water now, then did it 10 mins later it would be less etc.... Don't worry hun xxx

Sorry i didn't mean to make you two panic, it's absolutely fine, you are drinking the water 2-4 ltrs is fine. The water helps flush them out when you go to the toilet, this diet is made to work safely just remember to drink the water! I was just trying to explain the dark colours. hth

and there was me annoyed that mine was only ++ and wondering why its not more. Glad I got a whole tub - think it may be the beginning of an obsession! xx

Back