Scenic places to go to for a long weekend.

Roziee

Gold Member
Hi guys,

We want to go somewhere really beautiful for a few days in the UK..

Somewhere really scenic, where we can sit and enjoy beautiful scenery.. Relax.. And forgot the hubbub of London.

Anyone know of anywhere we can go?

Rozie.

How far do you want to travel?

Not more than 3 hours from London ideally, but even if its in Scotland it's alright. We can break our trip to my mums in the north west before going up there.

Well it doesn't take long to fly anywhere in the UK. ;)

If you want somewhere quiet and chilled then Pembrokeshire is good. As is mid Wales ...

I've mentioned Bruges before. Lovely and chilled there and probably about 3 hours from London. It's about an hour from Calais/Boulogne anyway!

If you like a bit of camping check out the barge inn at honey street in wiltshire. You can take a van if you have one and its a fiverper person per night. Youcan see the white horse from the camp site. Its by the canal. You can walk along the canal to pewsey(so you could train it to pewsey) also there is bus service called the wiggly buzz which connects the two and many other places, though you need to ring and book(tis the coop in pewsey they even got a phone to do it on). Avebury is 6miles form the campsite and the long barrow about 6.5, both are kinda spiritual home to me :D. Also there are showers and toilets on the campsite for the campers to use. You can take your dogs...Its stunning there the walks are gorgeous and its so peaceful :D. The barge in have a website go check it out its the stuff. We go several times a year :D

Also they get a ton of crop circles and stranges goings on around there. The pub is full of pictures and what nots of it. Last year when we were last up there. There was HUGE one newly formed in a field. Actually went in to look loads of people. Pub is lush to nice food(though pricey) and they has beer :D. Also the red bull in avebury is the stuff for food. Can you tell i like that place. EVERYONE should go :p. Also during the summer the pub puts onmini fol music fesitvals on the saturdays :D

Medusa said:
Well it doesn't take long to fly anywhere in the UK. ;)

If you want somewhere quiet and chilled then Pembrokeshire is good. As is mid Wales ...

I've mentioned Bruges before. Lovely and chilled there and probably about 3 hours from London. It's about an hour from Calais/Boulogne anyway!

Thank you medusa.. :) will google pictures of it today.

WelshCake said:
Bath is great as there's so much to do, or Salisbury

Vie heard of Salisbury, never been there though. Thank you for the suggestion x

PurpleSky said:
If you like a bit of camping check out the barge inn at honey street in wiltshire. You can take a van if you have one and its a fiverper person per night. Youcan see the white horse from the camp site. Its by the canal. You can walk along the canal to pewsey(so you could train it to pewsey) also there is bus service called the wiggly buzz which connects the two and many other places, though you need to ring and book(tis the coop in pewsey they even got a phone to do it on). Avebury is 6miles form the campsite and the long barrow about 6.5, both are kinda spiritual home to me :D. Also there are showers and toilets on the campsite for the campers to use. You can take your dogs...Its stunning there the walks are gorgeous and its so peaceful :D. The barge in have a website go check it out its the stuff. We go several times a year :D

Sounds lovely!!

PurpleSky said:
Also they get a ton of crop circles and stranges goings on around there. The pub is full of pictures and what nots of it. Last year when we were last up there. There was HUGE one newly formed in a field. Actually went in to look loads of people. Pub is lush to nice food(though pricey) and they has beer :D. Also the red bull in avebury is the stuff for food. Can you tell i like that place. EVERYONE should go :p. Also during the summer the pub puts onmini fol music fesitvals on the saturdays :D

Really?.... Wow, never seen a crop circle close up! Thank you x

Sarah-Jayne said:
Suffolk! Itslovely round here. Lots of coast line and history.

My husbands been to Suffolk before we got married.. Said it was lovely. Thank you ! X

Hub and I live in London and are going to the Isle of Wight at the end of April for a few days.

Other places that I suggest are Wales (north, mid and west), mid of England such as Peak District or Lake District.

Flights are pretty cheap so I'd recommend Ireland as well :)

Lynton / Lynmouth - Gorgeous and dramatic scenery that puts everything into perspective. I've not been for a couple of years now, and have really missed it.

The cotswolds are beautiful, and not too far to travel. Have stayed in a cottage there for a weekend, really lovely and relaxing. Try a website called rural retreats they do lovely cottages for a night or too.

Thank you for he suggestions... My husband wants to go to the lake districts after researching it last night.

Will also take a look at everything else before booking anything.

Thanks guys :)

Roziee said:
Thank you for he suggestions... My husband wants to go to the lake districts after researching it last night.

Will also take a look at everything else before booking anything.

Thanks guys :)

We stayed at stoors hall hotel in November for my birthday in the lake district and it was beautiful. The breakfast there was out of this world... Never had a 3 course breakfast before lol the staff where lovely and the views are amazing. Its right on the lake xx

I've been here too (Storrs Hall) - the food is out of this world! staff were fantastic & views just stunning! highly recommended. u used to b able to get some super discounts online via the English lakes hotels website so worth checking that out....

-coco- said:
I've been here too (Storrs Hall) - the food is out of this world! staff were fantastic & views just stunning! highly recommended. u used to b able to get some super discounts online via the English lakes hotels website so worth checking that out....

That's where we got our discount :)) x

So lake district it is!! My husband has been sold and his mind is made up.. Going to check out the hotel now xxxx

Back