Scotland???

I live further north than most on here, at the mo i'm living in Aberdeen but am originally from Alness, which isn't that far from Inverness. House prices here are worst in Scotland but due to being Oil Capital of Europe.

If i won the lottery i'd move to Blanefield, its a little villiage just outside Glasgow's West End. Personally i love Glasgow, obviously it has its rough areas but mosts major city's do eh?? Edinburgh is great for a weekend away but its too "tourist-driven" for me but its easy to see why people flock there is fantastic.

My brother has a house in Croftamie which is a stones throw from Loch Lomond and it is beautiful but very remote and unless you drive you'd be pretty snookered.... bit remote for me, i like street lights, ha ha!! He also has a flat on Gt Western Road in Glasgow which is Kelvinside and i have to say its knock-out, you'd never know you were in a huge city.

I don't have kids (yet!) but friends that do are happy with the schools and we don't have a massive population here either so it might be easier to get into the school of your choice - although i am sure there are catchment areas.

Up north is lovely, Inverness is a big town more than a city and also Elgin is a great place to bring up kids.

Hope you don't mind me adding my 2-bits worth.

Thanks hun.....I have soooo much to think about now!!! I would like to be somewhere nice and quiet and pretty, nice for Chloe to be in and not a million miles from work!!! Well, wherever tht may be!

Two good reasons

1. Sir Robbie Coltrane

2. The Proclaimers

Cant help you too much in reality tho but it seems swell.

Ivy

1. Sir Robbie Coltrane
Ivy

Robbie Coltrane was my brother neighbour, well i say neighbour they lived a field or so apart but it is a very affluent area (not like where i live!) :rolleyes: :p ;)

When my neice was really young she and my bro were in the baker when she piped up "Daddy that mans bum is as big as an elephants privates" lol

Reactions: Ivy
Robbie Coltrane was my brother neighbour, well i say neighbour they lived a field or so apart but it is a very affluent area (not like where i live!) :rolleyes: :p ;)

When my neice was really young she and my bro were in the baker when she piped up "Daddy that mans bum is as big as an elephants privates" lol

LOL - kids!!!

wow - Sir Robbie!!!

I kinda thought he may have come from a poor background...and made good...

My fav Robbie Quote - 'if people didnt find fat people attractive, i'd still be a virgin'

I bow before you, Sir R

Ivy

Hey Kazz, i would say get a job for some big oil company, you'll get paid a wack and get great benefits too. Jobs up here are fairly plentiful so i don't think you'd struggle. If you'd like i could send you some links for local recruitment agencies?

AAT and ATT are not are common, most people here tend to get HNC or HND's - not sure to be honest of real difference.

Hey Kazz, i would say get a job for some big oil company, you'll get paid a wack and get great benefits too. Jobs up here are fairly plentiful so i don't think you'd struggle. If you'd like i could send you some links for local recruitment agencies?

AAT and ATT are not are common, most people here tend to get HNC or HND's - not sure to be honest of real difference.

If you could send me some local links that would be fab!!!

Oh i never meant that, i meant working in the offices, lol 9-5 kinda job.... pays really well. Also the benefits are worth their weight in gold, pension, bupa etc.

Kazz, i'll stick a few on a link and PM you later, i need to nip out :D :D

Back