Scottish CDers?

DisneyParis

An Attitude of Gratitude
Hi, l started CD March 09. I live in Ayrshire.

Any other Scottish CDers out there?

Hiya I have just started I am from Glasgow.
Magz x

Well done on your first week's loss - 14lb is fantastic. How are you finding the diet so far?

lol i wish i had lost 14lbs no i put my starting weight on ticker from starting ww at begining of the year so far i have lost 7lb but official weigh in not till Wed but seeing the cdc on tuesday as wed is my birthday but so far so good how did you find it.

hey hey im from glasgow too :) mags - whereabout in glasgow are you? im near finnieston. whereabout in ayreshire are you disney?? we go to prestwick on breaks quite a bit - you near there at all??

xcx

I'm southside of Glasgow, almost closer to Ayrshire than Glasgow and feels more countryish.

lol i wish i had lost 14lbs no i put my starting weight on ticker from starting ww at begining of the year so far i have lost 7lb but official weigh in not till Wed but seeing the cdc on tuesday as wed is my birthday but so far so good how did you find it.

Magz, sorry l misread it, you've still lost 14lbs though - which is brilliant, well done.
CD is the only diet l've managed to stick to, l'd always tried dieting on my own before, but it never lasted more than 3 weeks max. I've liked how with CD you get results fast (especially in the earlier weeks/months) if you stick to it, having said that my last remaining 9lbs to reach my goal weight is very slow in coming off, but l WILL get there, somehow, sometime!
I was 3lbs away from my goal weight in November, before l had to go into hospital at short notice to have surgery to remove my gallbladder, after the op l had to up my calories to recover & cope with medication & my weight went up, l really want to lose those lbs again.

Last edited:
hey hey im from glasgow too :) mags - whereabout in glasgow are you? im near finnieston. whereabout in ayreshire are you disney?? we go to prestwick on breaks quite a bit - you near there at all??

xcx

Hi Claire, l live in the town of Ayr. I sometimes take my son (age 6) on the train to Kidzplay at Prestwick, it's near the beach there.

wow - we were there last week. y'know the big white house just on the beach front? its a clic sargent house? thats where we go to :)

xcx

thanks it was hard to loss on ww i think that i will do ww to help me maintain when i am at goal did you all pick your goal at the begining cause i really dont know where i want to be but the cdc said 9st something but i think that would still be in the overweight bmi.

wow - we were there last week. y'know the big white house just on the beach front? its a clic sargent house? thats where we go to :)

xcx

We always walk past there on the way to Kidzplay. My son always admires the toys in the garden.

I'm southside of Glasgow, almost closer to Ayrshire than Glasgow and feels more countryish.

Hi Scooter, you're not so far away from me then. :)

haha fab! yeah we love it there. we went for the first time in november and we can use it for the next 6 yrs :) so gonna be there alot!!!
xcx

thanks it was hard to loss on ww i think that i will
do ww to help me maintain when i am at goal did you all pick your goal at the begining cause i really dont know where i want to be but the cdc said 9st something but i think that would still be in the overweight bmi.

I think joining a slimming club or exercise class when nearing goal to help maintenance is a good idea. My Mum lost a lot of weight 6 years ago (not on CD) and has kept the weight off. She still attends a weekly class because she enjoys it and she says it's helped her to maintain.
I've been thinking of going to a Rosemary Conley class now l'm nearer goal.

When l first started the diet last March my CDC said l should aim for 10st or 10 1/2 stone, but l knew l wanted to be below 10st. It's maybe a silly reason, but l've always liked the number 29, so l decided on 129lbs (9st 3lb) which would take me to a BMI of 22.8 A lot can depend on your build though. I know at 9st 3lb l won't look overly thin.
My CDC has been great (she lives in my street, which is very handy, wish l had known about her 10 years earlier!) When l first started she said just take it a 1/2 stone at a time. When l began the diet l was 205lbs (14st 9lbs) and even getting to 10 1/2 stone seemed daunting, but the weeks and months go by and the lbs do drop off. :)

I think joining a slimming club or exercise class when nearing goal to help maintenance is a good idea. My Mum lost a lot of weight 6 years ago (not on CD) and has kept the weight off. She still attends a weekly class because she enjoys it and she says it's helped her to maintain.
I've been thinking of going to a Rosemary Conley class now l'm nearer goal.

When l first started the diet last March my CDC said l should aim for 10st or 10 1/2 stone, but l knew l wanted to be below 10st. It's maybe a silly reason, but l've always liked the number 29, so l decided on 129lbs (9st 3lb) which would take me to a BMI of 22.8 A lot can depend on your build though. I know at 9st 3lb l won't look overly thin.
My CDC has been great (she lives in my street, which is very handy, wish l had known about her 10 years earlier!) When l first started she said just take it a 1/2 stone at a time. When l began the diet l was 205lbs (14st 9lbs) and even getting to 10 1/2 stone seemed daunting, but the weeks and months go by and the lbs do drop off. :)

I know the diet has been a god send i was on ww for 2 month and just kept putting on and talking off the same 7lb lol I think that cd will work a lot better for me, thaink i need to hide the scales on them about 4 times a day if not more but its brill to see a lower number on them.

Back