Scrumbles' diary...life after losing a third of me...

It was indeed homemade - and yummy! :D

I'm definitely out of my losing phase, so I need to make sure I keep things ticking over and don't overeat for the next couple of weeks. From time to time I'm still experiencing a bit of a hangover from Xmas in terms of wanting to eat things I shouldn't, but I seem to be able to ride out the urges (or rather, drown them in water and decaff coffee, lol!).

Today's food: flax muffin, cheese omelette, beef curry with steamed cabbage. Couple of squares of dark choc, plus teas and coffees. Cals will be about 1550 and carbs a mere 40g or so (not because I'm deliberately lowering them - it's just worked out that way for a change)

Went out for a walk with OH yesterday. Only a mile and a half, but it was nice to be out and about in the sunshine after being snowbound for a week. Getting moving is definitely a priority for me now we're headed for Spring :)

Walking is such good exercise for you hun, and so nice when it's a good day - would get out today myself too if I wasn't still in my pajamas :eek:

*twiddles thumbs*

Not much going on weight-wise at the moment. Slight fluctuations from day to day, but that's all.

Been out for short walks every day since Saturday, short because a) I'm lazy :p, and b) it ain't all that inviting out there! If it's not freezing cold, it's blowing a gale or peeing with rain - or all three :rolleyes: I was actually so keen to get home today that I jogged :eek: (for all of 15 seconds ;) but it's a start!).

Food today: flax/oat porridge, cheese omelette with peas, gammon with cabbage, carrots, potato and gravy. Snacks, err, dunno...cheese or dark choc depending how the fancy takes me. Cals will be around 1550 and carbs about 65g.

Really need to sort out my wardrobe sometime soon. Going to have to part with some of my old "favourite" big clothes (the ones that I kidded myself could hide the fact that I was 6 stone overweight :rolleyes:), otherwise I'll have to start questioning why exactly I'm keeping them.....

I'm gradually gradually letting go of old clothes. It's HARD and my brain still tells me I could fit in things I wore when I was 8 dress sizes larger.

Oh gosh that would be difficult to let the comfy clothes go - maybe with each pound, get rid of one thing, make it a celebration?

I'm terrible at throwing clothes away, full stop. I always look at tatty things and think "That'll do for gardening!", but when pretty much half your wardrobe is "for gardening" you know you've got a problem, lol!

In this case, of course, it's not that they're falling apart, it's that they're a safety net in case I get big again...argh! Really shouldn't be thinking like that :rolleyes:

I did manage to chuck a couple of size 20 tops away the other day, though, so maybe there's hope for me yet!

Weight has been bouncing around a bit the last couple of days - currently a pound and a half above posted, for no particular reason. I haven't been doing anything unusual, so I guess it'll sort itself out in a while.

I've decided not to participate in the Feb challenge because I find I don't respond well to targets when it comes to weight loss. They just end up making me fret because I have no real control over how much I lose during any given time period. My body has its own agenda for this malarkey and if it only wants to lose a pound next month, that's all that's going, end of, no matter what I might decree. It goes when it goes, basically! :)

Food today: flax/oat porridge for breakfast, tuna with mayo for lunch, and turkey korma on a nice big pile of broccoli for dinner.

Really looking forward to the korma - it's a Patak's paste that I haven't tried yet, so I hope it's as good as the balti and tikka masala! :D

I refuse to do targets either, they stress me out and then I try dramatic things to meet them... That way lies nothing good. I decided this time around not to have any timed targets just the general idea that I'd like not to be obese anymore, and then that I'd like not to be overweight anymore, and I shall plod on toward those. I'm stopping my official weekly weigh ins too, will just mention when I've lost some if I want to - because it was making me fret if I had a sts. I know it was always compensated for with a big loss later on but when you have to post it up officially its down heartening.

I gave up having an "official" weekly weigh in long ago, because frankly, it was pointless. I weigh myself every day (for my own amusement and from curiosity), but I've known for quite some time that my pattern of weight loss tends to be 2 weeks of sts followed by two weeks of slow loss, so the only measurement that is of any use is a monthly snapshot, thus ironing out the hormonal cycle fluctuations.

Today, for example, I weighed in at 155lbs which is a pound above my lowest weight of a week or so ago, but 3.5lbs down from where I was on day 17 of my cycle last month, so I've no cause for alarm. In between there have been all sorts of little ups, downs and sts's, and were I paying mind to them, I could be flapping around like a headless chicken looking for answers to problems that don't even exist - what a waste of time and energy that would be!

I now completely understand why the definition of a stall is that there should be no weight loss for at least a month, because I would be "stalling" every 2 weeks otherwise, lol.

Food today: large mug of tea for breakfast (wasn't hungry!), egg mayo with cheese for lunch, and lemon chicken with leeks, carrots, broccoli and potato for dinner - yum! Snacked on turkey chunks with a bit of mayo.

Today has been one of those really satisfying eating days where everything has hit the spot, especially dinner. Now all I need is a nice mug of peppermint tea (my preferred hot drink of an evening) and I'll be done for the day.

Hope y'all had a good one...:)

Today has been one of those really satisfying eating days where everything has hit the spot, especially dinner. Now all I need is a nice mug of peppermint tea (my preferred hot drink of an evening) and I'll be done for the day.:)

Sounds perfect! I have some peppermint tea - c'mon down :)

It's good stuff, isn't it? :D

I started drinking it years ago at the recommendation of my doctor to help my IBS, but now my IBS is a thing of the past (thanks, Atkins!) I just drink it for pleasure. Goes particularly well with dark chocolate too, I find...:cool:

Still nothing going on weightwise. I'm half a pound up on posted and not showing much sign of movement, but we'll see. Of course, if it's going to stick any time, it's going to be now, because I'm right on the cusp of a new stone bracket...ha! :rolleyes:

I feel quite relaxed about it, though. I like how I'm eating right now: 1600-1700 cals and up to 80g carbs on average, and if that turns out to be the level that keeps me at this weight, that wouldn't be so bad. I can deal. It would be lower than my predicted calories for maintenance, but then my body is most likely metabolically adapted to function on less food at this point (the unfortunate legacy of obesity), so I can't expect to eat what a normal 11 stone woman does to maintain her weight. Ho hum.

It's all about finding the balance now, and I believe I'm getting there, little by little :)

Food today: flax muffin, mackerel with sauteed leeks, chicken tikka with cabbage, green beans and small amount of rice. Cold ham for snacking on.

Will be about 1600 cals and 72g carbs.

You are doing so well and those cal and carb levels are probably something you could live with long term.

Yes those cal and carb levels look good for maintenance - I suspect if your carbs were lower you might be able to eat a few more cals but it's all about the trade off of what makes you most comfortable. If you're enjoying what you eat and aren't hungry then all looks good to me! I think you're doing an amazing job balancing it all - seriously no clue how I'll ever manage moderation vs all or nothing.

Well, I'm finally back to posted weight, but I *should* have been losing a little more at this point in my cycle. If I look back a month I'm about 2lbs down in that time rather than the normal 3-4lbs, so it definitely looks like things are slowing down even more, if not on the verge of halting completely.

But that's okay. I'm happy eating the way I am and wouldn't really want to cut carbs or calories. That would be counter-productive, in fact, since what I've been trying to achieve all along is a blueprint for how I'm going to eat for life, and as I feel I'm all but there I don't want to do anything that would seem like a step backwards.

It's all about the fine tuning now, and if I happen to trim off another couple of pounds during that process, great! If I don't, so be it :)

Food today: flax/oat porridge, roast beef with carrots, cabbage and spuds, probably an omelette with green peppers but haven't decided.

Have a good one, peeps!

Oh, you really are in the right place....I hope to get there sometime.

Thanks, ladies!

I certainly hope I'm in the right place. I've been slim several times in my adult life but never had the knowledge and tools to stay there; really hope that this time I do! :)

I think one of the reassuring things has been how well I've behaved during breaks. As long as I kept some rules in place - and I think I will always need those - I've been able to enjoy myself without going bonkers and eating everything in sight, and that's a real breakthrough for me as a borderline binger. I've discovered that provided I avoid my true binge triggers (wheat products mainly) a little of what I fancy really does do me good, and that I can stop at a little. Who knew? lol

The scales are my friend this morning, btw: 153.6lbs...I am in the 10's! :eek::D I won't make it official (change my ticker/stats) unless it becomes a whole pound, but it sure was nice to see!

Today's food isn't planned for once :eek:...kinda playing it by ear. I do know that our main meal will be leftover roast beef turned into cottage pie with cheesy potato and cauli mash, but beyond that it's a mystery, lol. I don't normally wing it, so this could be interesting...

Weighed in at just under 153lbs this morning, so I am finally officially in the 10's...hallelujah! :D

I hit 12 stone back in early October, so this has been a very slow crawl to get here. I think what helped me latterly was changing my mindset at the beginning of December from "I must lose weight!" to "I'm okay at this weight - let's just see what happens". It stopped me fretting about the weeks when the scale doesn't move - or goes up! - and just allowed me to concentrate on eating right. Dieting is one big mindgame, isn't it?

Oh, well done on the 10s. I really admire your way of thinking re weight loss. It really should be about how we can eat for the rest of our life as we near our goal, so many people think, well when I get to goal I can eat xyz, but if we do that the weight just comes back on. I hope I get to your mindset sometime.

Back