Scrumbles' diary...life after losing a third of me...

Fantastic scrummie! Whatever you're doing it suits you. Wish I could hurry up and lose a bit more so I could relax a bit too - feeling fed up ATM but just a post Xmas hangover I'm sure.

Woohoo well done on the WI and here's to your lowest weight ever :D
Thanks, Susie! Not quite "ever", but certainly the lowest this go round (and may it be the last time I have to do this!)

Fantastic scrummie! Whatever you're doing it suits you. Wish I could hurry up and lose a bit more so I could relax a bit too - feeling fed up ATM but just a post Xmas hangover I'm sure.

Thanks, ML! You do so well on this plan you'll lose it in no time. Seems people either have big gains and big whooshes (you), or small gains/sts and itty bitty pound losses here and there (me). But either way, we'll get there. We abso-blooming-lutely will. :)

I am officially in k, by the way. Did a test this afternoon and got a trace reading, so it looks like I can get into k even at 50-70g carbs per day. Probably took longer than if I were to have less, but at least it's been painless - result! :D

Just realised I'm less than half a stone from a healthy BMI, and I've not had one of those since the 1990's I should think. Blimey.

Fabulous scrumbles - you are doing so well! I am also within spitting distance of other people's definition of healthy ie BMi. Not sure it really means anything - key is where you feel great:D

Fabulous scrumbles - you are doing so well! I am also within spitting distance of other people's definition of healthy ie BMi. Not sure it really means anything - key is where you feel great:D

True! Although when I have to go to the doc's for anything it would be nice to be their definition of a healthy weight just so they can't blame whatever ailment I might have on being overweight! :/

Food today: flax/oat porridge for breakfast, roast beef with steamed potatoes, carrots and broccoli for lunch, cheese omelette for dinner and a flax muffin for a snack. Copious coffee and too much tea :rolleyes:

Thinking I might get on the exercise bike later. Haven't had a proper walk since before my Xmas illness (my throat still isn't right :() so I would imagine my body has been taking the opportunity to quietly burn my remaining muscles whilst I've been loafing about.

I'm beginning to regret that I never properly got going with exercise because I reckon my body composition is pretty shocking at this point. I might be a hell of a lot lighter but I have no muscle tone at all. Everything wobbles like a blancmange. Must, must, MUST start doing something about it now I'm winding down my weight loss effort. I've no excuse any more...just lazy! :eek:

Morning great loss, it is great that you are still losing on higher carbs....good luck with getting into exercise, I need to start, I weighed on one of those scales that show body fat...39% that is way way too much.

Hi sammy, we have a set of scales that measure body fat, and the last time I (stupidly) got a reading a couple of weeks ago at 11st 4, it told me I am 44% fat :eek: (I am choosing to believe that the rotten thing is telling me lies...which it may well be, because home body fat monitors are notoriously inaccurate, apparently :cool:)

No further loss to report, but 2lbs in my first week back on plan is more than I was expecting, so I'm happy :)

Managed a whole 10 minutes on the bike last night (don't strain yerself, Scrumbles :rolleyes:). Hopefully I can build up to something a little more taxing than that, lol.

Today's tucker: flax/oat porridge for breakfast, mackerel with steamed cabbage for lunch and cold roast beef with oven-baked ratatouille for dinner. There will be a snack too, but haven't decided on it yet - the ratatouille and porridge are quite a carby twosome, so my options are a little limited.

Hope you're all enjoying the snow :eek:

well done on your loss and on conquering the exersize bike! Starting off is the hardest thing thats why I never manage it, got some lovely new kettlebells collecting dust behind the sofa :)
Have a good day x

Body fat scales are useless by all accounts. I was reading something where they compared scales readings to the readings given by something called a 'bod pod' which scientists use to measure body fat. All totally out. So I wouldn't be too despondent about it - I've never really figured out how those scales are supposed to work, anyway.

well done on your loss and on conquering the exersize bike! Starting off is the hardest thing thats why I never manage it, got some lovely new kettlebells collecting dust behind the sofa :)
Have a good day x

Thanks, dizzy! I am a natural couch potato, unfortunately, so any exercise is a bonus - just dusting those kettlebells would be enough for me ;)

Body fat scales are useless by all accounts. I was reading something where they compared scales readings to the readings given by something called a 'bod pod' which scientists use to measure body fat. All totally out. So I wouldn't be too despondent about it - I've never really figured out how those scales are supposed to work, anyway.

OH gets a semi-believable reading from them, but I think they've got it in for me and are just trying to wind me up! :D

I'd love to be properly assessed for body fat one day. I remember the Hairy Bikers being measured in a bod-pod on their diet programme - the perks of being on tv, eh?

PMSL you do way more than me hun - I moved awkwardly to scratch my leg yesterday and all my muscles screamed NOOOO!!!! :D

Lol! Hadn't considered leg-scratching as an exercise, but it's about my mark :D
(and I wouldn't have to get off the sofa - result!)

I'm another half pound down this morning, so only half a pound from making my January target - wooo! Must be those four 10-minute sessions on the exercise bike that have made the difference ;)

In all seriousness, I do feel a bit peppier for having started moving a little. It was never my intention to build masses of exercise into my weight loss programme in case I became dependent on it for losing (not good when you're a natural slob, lol) but at the same time I never reckoned on being this unfit this close to target. I suppose the good thing is that at least I know I can increase my fitness quite quickly once I get going - shifting the weight was always going to be the most time-consuming part :)

Food today: flax muffin for breakfast, cheese omelette with salami and peas for lunch, and lemon chicken with leeks, carrots and potatoes for dinner. Won't particularly need snacks today but I'll probably have a couple of squares of 85% choc :)

No weight change this morning - still a half pound from my target (rats!).

Food today: flax/oat porridge for breakfast, beef mince and broccoli for lunch, and cauliflower cheese with mackerel for dinner. Snack will probably be salami :)

Not a very inspiring menu, but it will taste better than it sounds (hopefully!)

Oh forgot to buy salami today...sigh. I love the salami crisps.

Menus sound smashing!

And don't worry hun that naughty half pound will come off - just look at your stats, blooming brilliant! :D

Absolutely! I've lost 86 of the little blighters; this half is toast, lol :D

...but not quite yet! Still the same this morning. Oh well. I know it will go before long :)

Food today: flax muffin with sweetened cream cheese for breakfast, cauliflower cheese with crisped salami for lunch, and salmon with peas, carrots and a small baked potato for dinner. Probably won't need snacks, but may nibble on some cold meat if I get hungry.

I'm liking the look of today's food - the muffin and cream cheese was yummy, so I'm already off to a good start. All very simple stuff, but tasty nonetheless.

Didn't get on the exercise bike yesterday, so must do it today or I'll lose whatever teeny tiny bit of progress I've made. I was going to step it up and go walking this week, but it's waaaaaay too cold for me. I need double figure temperatures before I'm getting out there...:cool:

Hope everyone's keeping warm! :)

That half will be gone soon....I need to try flax muffins again, I only really like flax as porridge.

Shoo, little half pound. Shoo, shoo!

It didn't hear you :(...perhaps if you typed in all caps? lol

I may be finished my losing phase for this cycle, we'll see. Doesn't matter, 'cos it'll go sooner or later, but it's still annoying to be just a silly half pound short of my Jan target...grrr...

Not sure about food today. Well, I've had a flax muffin with cream cheese for breakfast, and I'm having slow-cooked curried chicken thighs with cabbage for dinner, but not sure about what's happening in between. I have some mushrooms in the fridge that need using, so I'll probably make soup and have that with...something :)

Weather report: we had no snow at 8 o'clock this morning, but now there's about 4 inches or so, and rising by the minute. I dread to think what it'll be like for people trying to get home from work this evening :eek:

Take care, everyone xxx

Back