Sealmylips Journey

Sealmylips

Sunday 7th Nov 2010

Hello all, :D

My name is Becca and i am new to the Minimins forum today. I thought i'd start a diary as over the last 4 weeks i have lost 10lbs - so its a great boost and a brilliant place to be able to read a good loss for motivation in the future. I am 28 and mummy to my gorgeous daughter who is 6 and my fabulous son who is 20 months. :D

I don't attend a group for various reasons, and have done SW a few times before, but found my last group uninspirational and gave up. Over the months i became the heaviest i have ever been at 14 stone 11lbs and decided enough was enough.

I have cut back drastically on my beloved wine and have started to add in more exercise, which for the moment is walking our two Dalmatians much further whilst pushing my 20 month old son over rough terrain in his pushchair. It was really though going at first, but now i'm loving it.

I've noticed my clothes are much looser and i am fitter and have more energy. My skin is clearer and i'm not trying to find things to scoff in the evenings either or wanting to drink wine - let's hope that continues!

I'm not going to set a target just yet, but know that i want to be atleast 10 stone - so when i reach that i should have some odea of where i ideally want to be. ;)

Breakfast - Cranberry and Raspberry Mullerlight

Lunch - Tuna Mayo and Cheese on Toast (2 syns)

Dinner - Bolognese (mince, tinned toms, passata, garlic, thyme, onion, paprika, courgettes, black pepper) SW Chips

Wish me luck! :D

This weeks loss = 2lbs (10 lbs to date)

Last edited:
hello sealmylips,

I could not help but reply to your post, as you seem to be in the exact same position as me (although I have just started going to group) I have the same amount of weight to lose as you and also have started off the same weight as you - plus I see wine also as a much loved companion on a nighttime!!! I have done slimming world a few times before as well, but I find I keep changing my mind on the type of day I am going to have - red ? green? ee? and I just end up mixing it all up! Maybe I should do a food diary too.

Well I just wanted to send you lots of luck and well done for your weight loss so far - brrrrilliant!!!

ann-marie

Hi Anne-Marie :D

Well if you'd like an online slimming buddy i'm all yours!

You sound so much like me, i used to be just the same and couldn't decide what plan i was doing that day!

I love my meat so tend to do Extra Easy and Red days ;) and because i used to switch too much and end up muddling everything up i now do a meal planner on a Sunday or Monday evening for the week ahead. :D

I've started limiting myself to wine on a Tuesday evening (as that's grocery shop day) and we have a homemade Indian Curry and then we have wine on a Saturday night and i do something else such as homemade burgers or a chinese style meal so i still feel as though i'm having a day off - but much healthier! :cool:

Todays Meals are:

B - Muesli and Vanilla Mullerlight

L - Scrambled Eggs with baked beans (no butter), 1 pear

D - Lemon and Thyme Roasted Chicken, Sweet Potato Mash, Leeks, Peas, Yorkshire Pudding (3 syns) Gravy (4 syns)

Going to sit down in a bit and do a meal planner for this week - going grocery shopping tomorrow :D

We do a huge butchers order every 2 months and always have plenty of variety in our freezer. Stocks are running a little low at the moment but i have plenty for the next couple of weeks to keep going at. But could do with a trip to the fish market or to get a few bits from the fishmongers as not had alot of fish lately other than Smioked Ready to eat Mackerel at lunch time or Tuna or Prawns.

Boring day for me today - just sitting around with my little boy as the weather is horrendous today. So i'm going to get on my stepper and use the skipping rope later :)

Last edited:
Welcome back to Slimming World then :) I'm a fellow non-group goer. The journey can be tough and hard when you have 2 children to spread your time over but you can make it fun, if you take them to the park then try and get involved as much as you can :D also playing catch and running around with your dog is definitely a great way to shift lbs without work.

Hope to see you progressing well :)

Hye there hunnie, good to see you've started your diary - keep up the good work! :) X

Hi becca,

I would love to have a slimming buddy. I have posted another post on a food diary thread - as I was not sure where to post my food diary. Wine is the one vice I have and like you I am going to cut down to just on a weekend - friday/saturday night. My weigh in is tonight so I really hope I have lost more than 1.5lbs that I lost last week!! I am a real cabohrydrate junkie, and cheese!!! I would prefer that than even chocolate!! So, I think this is where I am going to struggle!

I let you know how my weigh in goes!! hoping my trip to the gym has tipped the scales in my favour a little bit!!

ann-marie
xxx

Ooh Anne-Marie i love, love, love cheese! Mmmmm - but i was such a good girl when shopping yesterday and only bought Parmesan, Cheddar and Mozzarella. I so wanted to buy some gorgeous cheeses to have with biscuits but i didn't cave in ha ha! I think we'll get on great (oh and something else we have in common is that i have a hyphonated first name too ;)) How did the weigh in go by the way??

Well last night i polished off a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc, i haven't had a drink since last Weds and boy does my head feel it today (and i never usually get hangovers or headaches so i can definately tell i've cut down lol!)

Tuesday 10th November

B - Yoghurt and Apple

L - Chicken Mayo (2 syns) and Avocado in Wholemeal Roll (need to look up syns for avocado) Satsuma

D - Chicken and Spinach Dopiaza with rice

Syns - Fry's Turkish Delight (8.5) and the wine!!!!!!!!!! So i'm counting Tuesday as my 'day off' :rolleyes:

Weds 10th November

B - Activia Raspberry Yoghurt and Satsuma

L - Smoked Mackerel Fillet with cold rice and peas with paprika

D - Tagliatelle Carbonara mmmmmm :D

I'm loving the fact that my trousers already feel loose and that a dad at school yesterday asked me if i was slimming as had lost weight in my face and my jeans looked baggy. But the cheeky beggar asked me to give his wife some tips as she is struggling :eek: i was very embarrased! But to be honest in the pair of trousers i was wearing you can really tell. So they have now been black bin bagged :D

Thursday 11th November

B - Banana smothered in Vanilla Activia Yoghurt

L - Cheese, Ham and Red Onion in Wholemeal bread, chopped pineapple and Satsuma

D - Pork Chop, Roast Potatoes, Broccoli and Carrots

Friday 12th Nov

Well not a fantastic day today. Georgia had a bingo afternoon at school and so i managed a liqourice stick, a chewy sweet, a packet of mnm's and a chuba chop lolly!!! And didn't realise i'd demolished those until i sat down to type this :eek:

B - Pineapple in Vanilla Activia Yoghurt

L - Cheese and Cucumber Sandwich (wholemeal bread)

D - Spicy Meatballs and Rice (indian style rather than italian and they were ammmmmmmmazing!!)

Wooooop - yaaay another 2lb loss for me this week!

Although i had a baaaaaaaaad night last night involving wine and pizza

Onwards and Upwards for the rest of this week though! 12lbs in 5 weeks is a great result for me.

Clothes are looser, and a few people have noticed - which is always nice :D

Soooo Week 5 = 2lb loss (12lbs in total!)

B - Mango and Blueberries, Peach Activia FF Yoghurt

L - 2 Soft boiled eggs on Wholemeal Toast, Satsuma

D - Chicken Breast, Mozzarella, Mushroom and Chives in Filo Pastry (6 syns) with Roasted Veggies (sweet potato, peppers and courgettes)

Back