Sean's Dukan Dip

Sean(JSF)

Making it all add up
Hello all on the Dukan thread.

I've been a member of minimins since Jan 09 and lost a stack of weight following Lighter Life. Since finishing the diet I have mostly been OK, with small gains that I've kept under control, but the last few months have been difficult with stress, ill health and 2 holidays (I know).

So I'm currently > 2.5 stone over my finishing weight last May (but that was too light), and I want to shift 1.5 stone.

Although I can go back to LL, I don't want to but I do recognise that I need some 'structure' rather than just "eating healthily" as I'm a very structured type of person.

So having read the book, I'm giving Dukan a go, and will see if he really can help to change my habits (LL helped, I need a little extra push).

So apologies for butting in on your site, but last time I found keeping a diary to be very motivating and gave me a degree of 'responsibility/accountability' to my online friends and fellow dieters. Naturally if I am serious thenn I should do the same again.
So here goes.

According to the Web Site I should do 2 days of Attack - so that's what I've started today.

I'm away from home today and not getting back until Wednesday night, so subject to finding suitable foods this is an ideal opportunity to kick-start the diet. I must confess though there is a temptation to have a glass of wine when dining alone in a hotel!

So today I've had:
3 eggs (scrambled with tiny skimmed milk)
Sea Bass filet, no veg, very tiny amount of dill sauce
Small beef skewer (grilled)
Chicken breast (herb coated)
5 large Mugs black decaf
3 pints of water

Overall OK, does feel a little strange as I've been very 'picky' recently and over indulged; also the waitress asked me 3 times if I REALLY didn't want any veg with the chicken.

I did have a tiny (less than 1/4 teaspoon) of dill sauce, and about the same again of aioli - which isn't strictly allowed but we live in the real world, and one thing I learned last year was to not be too anal about food, so I'm happy enough.

Thought I'd struggle with the exercise as I've also spent 7.5hrs in the car today, but just been for a walk around the Hotel in Leeds and fitted in a comfortable 30 minutes.

So, day 1, done and all good.

If you have been, thank you for indulging me :)

Hey welcome, we're all very friendly on here all very female as well from what I can tell so its good to get at least one bloke on the board.

I'm going to channel Jo and ask: Where is the Oat Bran????????

You need to have it, its very important. I know its probably more difficult as you are staying in a hotel but in the morning I suggest you head to the Morrisons in Leeds (its in the merrion centre just off the Headrow) nice and early and get yourself some oat bran!!!!!

Aside from that looks good. I know we all have the odd indulgence but if you are cooking for yourself try out the dukan mayo (recipe is in the book) or get inventive with some herbs and quark rather than having sauces. Also watch out for coated thing, coating tend to have breadcrumbs which is not good on this diet.

But good luck! Have a look at the daily menus and recipe threads for ideas of what everyone else is eating as well.

Last edited:
Hi Sean :)

Welcome to the board, there is one other guy who pops on and off - Stephen, so you're not alone and there's a broad range of ages and backgrounds on here, so I'm sure you'll fit right in :)

Good luck with the diet and well done for completing day 1...keep us posted on here and most of all keep the book with you as much as possible, it's a great read as I'm sure you've found already :)

best of luck x

there is one other guy who pops on and off - Stephen,
Stephen is Atkins...he just stalks some of us ex atkinsers ;)

Woohoo we have a bloke on the board. So apologies now when I say morning ladies ;)

Welcome and best of luck and yes dont forget your oatbran!

At least with the English language we don't have to conjugate all our verbs differently...

Did you know that if you have 99 women in a room ("elles") and one man ("il"), they become "ils" instead of "elles"... what a sexist language!!

Welcome Stephen and I echo Sarah's oatbran comment! Well done on resisting restaurant/hotel food - something I must get better at.

hi sean and welcome

good luck with the diet !!!

Thank you all.

I know, I forgot the Oat Bran, and difficult to pack as today I have left Leeds and am now in Belfast, at another Hotel. I will get on to it tomorrow as I have some at home, promise :)

Working this morning, there was a great Buffet Lunch laid on (which I knew there would be), sadly nothing even close to Attack food (except the ham in the middle of some of the sandwiches) so I had another pint of water and soldiered on hoping to pick something up at the airport.

No such luck so I'm about to go down and see what this restaurant can do for me; I am beginning to think I haven't exactly chosen the easiset time for the Attack phase.

I'll update again later, wish me luck..

sean - hope yu get something to eat. a steak and some prawns? or couple of chicken breasts and mustard?
yes prob wrong time to do attack. pv days on cruise are so much easier when you go out.

Just to say hello and good luck from here too. I find low-fat yoghurts are something I can find if I'm stuck somewhere, though you might have to compromise with a fruit one. And fish is good, if you can get it steamed not fried!

Sorted thanks

Smoked salmon starter (did have 2-3 capers with it but left salad & home-made oatcake)
Mixed Grill mains - I'm well fed now, just had some French Mustard & a little black pepper. Not sure if I should have eaten the Lamb chop, and almost certain the sausage would be too high in carbs, but overall pretty true to the ideal. I did cut off any visible fat though.

So with poached egg and lean bacon breakfast I don't think I've done too badly, and already drunk at leat 4 litres of water.

Happy camper now and going to meet some work collegues for a 'drink' (mine will be water or slimline something).

See you all tomorrow :)

Sean - sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings but...
Lamb is not allowed, nor are are sausages or bacon. (unless its turkey bacon) sorreeee!

Hello and welcome! I'm a newcomer myself but sure that the others have loads of advice and tips.

Hi Sean, sorry ive only just caught up with you. Although some of the foods you have eaten are forbidden i think you have done well. Its never easy being away from home while on attack. What about asking for steak or chicken and eggs next time?
Welcome, i hope we can help you as much as possible and wow you look great in your photos.

Thank you all - oops, had bacon and scrambled egg again this am (fat cut off), can't see that it will have done any harm but I guess I'll find out soon enough!

Can always do the 'attack' bit again if necessary.

Was good last night as had 2 x diet pepsi in the pub ;) nothing again today since breakfast as working through fuelled on decaf and camomile tea. Back in airport for flight home now with Chicken breast and Oatbran Gallette lined up for tonight (100% Dukan)

May even have a low fat Muller (I assume the chocolate ones are OK?) provided my family haven't disposed of them while I've been away!

Thank for the help & support all - speak soon

Don't think chocolate is allowed. But vanilla and toffee are and both are nice and defo enough to curb sweet cravings

Sean are they the ones with choc sprinkles?

Yes, didn't need one last night though as it was 9.30 before I got home & cooked so just had a decaf after dinner and left it at that.

I assume I've gout to get some alternative Muller in then?

At the office today for 1st time since starting so have made a Turkey Gallette for lunch and will be able to have 30 min walk at lunchtime as well so can kill 2 birds with one stone, so to speak.

3 days in and enjoying it, should have some veg tonight, but I think I'll see how I feel when the time comes. Not weighed-in yet either, although Dukan seems to suggest that regular weighing is helpful, it feels 'counter intuitive' to me and is against everything that we were told on LL.

See you all soon

Hi Sean good luck today. When are you finishing attack? Im a bit confused with your stats too seeing what you have to lose??? it says -20lb!!

Back