Sean's Dukan Dip

LOL

My 'true weight' has been fairly stable on the Dukan web site, but I hadn't noticed that it knocks 4 inches off my height when I hit calculate so actually it's giving me a few extra lbs to play with.

I'm the same re weight though as the only time I've been near stable weight-wise was at my very heaviest, and I think this is what's giving me issues in maintaining at a much lower figure as my body tries to adjust back 'to where it feels I belong'. That said I'll not give in to it, but I can put on 7lbs over a weekend with no problem - fortunately I can then lose almost as much in the following week-10 days, so easy come easy go.

I have to admit to a small 'stray' yesterday. Too much red wine and very tired I went up to bed and sneaked 3 x gingernuts to soak up the booze.

Ho hum, todays another day and no problems getting straight back on the wagon, although I did have a carb craving over breakfast so made oatbran porridge again and it passed.

Decent cycle ride yesterday and 90 minute walking today, PV day so first salad for lunch, looking forward to Sunday Roast later though.

4 days until I go to London for a long weekend (rugby included so there will be drinks), lets hope for a couple more lbs off :)

Phew, back to normality and the working week.

Sunday was generally good but I did have a 'drink' before dinner (was offered at parents' and would be rude to decline), but went to bed early to avoid further temptations.

Monday back on track, egg, then gallette & meat, and stir-fry chicken and muller light in teh evening + 40 minute walk.

Went to see Inception after work - awesome film, time just flew past and didn't get to start cooking until 9.00pm.
As I'm away on Friday I think I'll try & do 4 PP days Mon-Thurs then again after the weekend to stabilise.

Interesting tip this going to bed early... good avoidance tactic. I used to have a bath... do some knitting... chew gum... anything which made eating awkward!! Teeth cleaning is a good one too as nothing tastes good "minty"

I think that was one of my downfalls, staying up late, because my daughter went to bed late, so I stayed up even later so I got some time to myself, but now she has started getting ready for school in a week and is going to bed earlier, so I will be able to go earlier too, hopefully soon.

Going to bed early is my top mechanism, as it's only in the evenings that I graze, or binge, or 'swig'; so an early night before temptations can strike is very effective. Don't 'want' to do it every night though.

So Tuesday was PP day 2 for the week and suprisingly easy tbh. I think the knowlege that I'm off the leash a little on Friday is helping me to focus, also I love the feeling of losing weight, it really can become addictive (as it did on LL), which is one of the reasons why I want to do it on real food and come up with a strategy for coping with small gains and getting them back under control. It will be interesting to see how the consolidation phase goes (and if I stick to it for as long as DrD recommends), and if one day's PP per week really does make a difference - can't wait to find out, one big experiment I guess.

So, good day yesterday (egg, gallette, lean pork & sefood, Muller lite). Out agin for business at lunchtime but I already know what I'm going to have so no stresses.

Hope everyone is keeping positive :)

I always go to bed early, sometimes my eldest (11) stays up later than I do:eek:. My downfall is snack time after school (it's the school holidays) when I will always have a snack too. I can usually stick to yogurt, unless I've made the kids cake/pancakes, etc, then it's not so good. So that's my weakspot (apart from the C word - both sweet and savoury).

Robin - you could always make yourself some Dukan friendly Ps or Cs!

Robin - you could always make yourself some Dukan friendly Ps or Cs!

No, then I'd have to share;). I'm fine as long as I'm not hungry (which I haven't been yet on this diet) as I'm not really a snacky person. Plus the kids are mainly getting bread and jam at the moment, with the odd rice cake or bit of chocolate thrown in. They were just about on their knees with gratitude when I made waffles the other day, I don't cook during summer!

I don't share Dukan food... actually I've noticed that I've a real problem with that! I'll bake anything for anyone with pleasure... but if they touch MY food, I'll have their hand off!

ive gone without chocolate for 13 days now and I have not thought about it it was a big downfall after bread , so I am amazed evenings I have the odd twinge some nights but I have a muller which were on offer today , which im glad about as i love my porridge with a yogurt on top in the morning

I'm not missing chocolate either, Tania. This diet is amazing isn't it? I haven't succumbed to cheese either, but then I have no bread to go with it. It is easier to cut out altogether and stick to the allowed food, then no temptation to have 'just a bit more'.

For the sweet cravings, I have fromage blanc with cinnamon and sweetner but they have gone too (until next month:rolleyes:).

Odd that I haven't had any 'cravings' but the URGE to eat someting sweet/Carby has slowly grown through this week - I can only assume its because I know I'm allowing myself some leeway whilst away over the weekend. Mind you I will NOT eat carbs unnecessarily (lol) :)

Decent day Wednesday, but went to somewhere unplanned for lunck (Indian) so wasn't quite as controlled as I could have been - but didn't want to be rude as was dining 1:1 with work contact.

I did have 1/2 a popadon, and a tiny bit of raita with it. I also had curried fish in a fantastic fragrant sauce (which must have included oil and yoghurt), but I didn't have any rice/nan bread/ drink etc etc - so overall pretty good really!

Evening steamed fish & seafood with gallette, but I did have 2 (yes that's 2) Muller lights and what's worse one of those was.....Rhubarb!

So if that's me rebelling in the week I think I can live with myself (just) :)

PP so far today as well, but may allow myself some vegetable with dinner once I've decided what it is.

Weigh-in a little early due to break away and lost 3lb this week. Very happy with that as I've been 'liberal' with the rules this week.

Got to say I'm enjoying the diet, but I do need to mix a few more PV days into the week - perhaps one more week as I am then I'll do an extra PV day each week....let's see how I feel next weekend

Ciao :)

well done on your loss sounds like its going great for you

Fantastic, well done

the URGE to eat someting sweet/Carby has slowly grown through this week - I can only assume its because I know I'm allowing myself some leeway whilst away over the weekend.

I have definitely suffered from this before and knowing I have a resturant lunch planned has more than one resulted in a "bad day" (let's say!).

Now a little more alert, I am proud that this week I managed two treat lunches out without allowing myself to lose the plot the entire day!

<yay me!>

Have a great weekend!

Awesome weekend, thanks for asking.

Won't go into detail but was fairly 'restrained' on Friday (despite very long & expensive lunch lasting all afternoon). Saturday was as planned (guinness & rugby :) ), but Lebanese meal at night consisted of fried carbohydrates and fried meat (really didn't enjoy it).

Lost it on Sunday though :( Evening spent snacking despite big meal, completely stupid and much remorse when going to bed).

However 100% PP on Monday and Tuesday and planning same again today & tomorrow before weigh-in on Friday. Already feel much better again (mentally as well as physically) and really hoping I can STS on Friday, but if there's a small gain I'll not stress as I really didn't stick to plan.

I've come to the conclusion that there's no rush to get to target. Having lost very quickly on LL I always want to hurry, and seem to set myself benchmarks for weigh but at the end of the day this is all about getting to a healthy weight and sticking there for ever. If it's next month, or next year - so what?

Hope everyone's doing OK

Brilliant way to think about it Sean. You are so right, we are always in a rush to lose weight (i.e. I want to be 10 stone tomorrow morning!) and thats why we probably go stur crazy and end up bingeing.
Glad you had a nice weekend.

Hellooo fellow DDers.

Well after last weekend (esp Sunday), I've had my nose to the Protein Trough and been very focussed with the hope of negating any damage done.

Pleased to report at the end of week 4 a 1lb loss, which I'm very happy with as really 3/7 of the week I was seriously 'off plan' :)

Within 8 lbs of my 'ideal' weight again and looking forward to the next few weeks and reaching goal.

Back