search not working

pixie-gem

Gold Member
Is it me or is the search function gone a bit wonky donk?
When i used to use it, it used to come up with loads of threads about whatever i was searching for, now, it comes up with a list of forums, that could, or could not, possibly have anything to do with what i am searching.
Am i missing something, has anyone else noticed a change?
Sorry if i'm being a dunce and i shall delete this post if i am.
Thanks

Which search tool are you using? The best one to use is the forum search tool found at the top right of the sticky section. This one only searches the current forum you are in along with any sub-forums. So you should not get any results from say WW or cambridge etc.

I'm using the one at the top on the right, the same one i always use.
I used to get a list of posts where people had actually asked the questions, but now all i seem to get is a list of forums, none of which have had what i have been looking for.
It's definately changed, but i don't really understand why, i used to love using it now it's actually easier to go back through years of posts to find what i am looking for. Don't know if it's a setting on my pc that has changed or what but it's definately totally different to what it was before.

Thank you for your reply x

*edited to say i have just tried it again, but now it comes up with advanced search and an error has occurred :S not sure what i am doing wrong, ah well not to worry, just sharn't use it, not a biggie in the grand scheme of things :) x

I only have the one search box?
Under minimins.com next to a box that says private messages. That's the only one I have? Is that the one you mean?
For example if I put in poo (random I know lol) I used to get a long list of posts with people asking questions regarding toilet issues, now if I put poo in, I get a list of food diaries (I hope people aren't eating it :p) from every forum (doing this from the slimming world forum part) or I get an advanced search box saying an error has occurred.
And thanks, not a big deal, am fine to not use it :) x

I used to use the box at the top and find its been rubbish of late and if I just use google for something sw it gives me links to threads on this forum anyway :confused:
Will try the other option suggested though
Oh thank god it's not just me!
Have just tried the way suggested and it is a bit better, not as good as previously but definately better than the main search box so thanks x

Back