Seasoning Syns help please!

Angelkitty

My boyfriend has just come home with a load of different Morrisons seasonings. I was wondering, are all powdered seasonings free?

When you say seasoning what exactly do you mean? If it's dried spices like cumin, coriander etc then they are free but some pre-mixed packs have a small syn value.

They are small sachets e.g. Chinese Style Seasoning - Morrisons. They have no nutritional values printed on the packets only a list of ingredients.

paprika, potato starch tomato powder, onion powder, salt, garlic powder(7%), soya extract, ginger(4.9%), star anise(3.1%), yeast extract, natural flavouring(contains barley malt vinegar), cinnamon, fennel, paprika extract, anti caking agent(silicon dioxide), black pepper, clove, sugar.

I would think that the only problem there would be the potato starch - I think everything else would be free.

Page 53 of the book has potato flour at 4.5 syns per 28g, but a small sachet isn't going to have nearly that amount in it.

If you want to be on the safe side, I would maybe allow a syn for a sachet.

The sachet is only 35g and I had about a third of it, so as you say, best be on the safe side and put a syn. Thank you for your help. I'm still getting to grips with SW lol.

Back