Seasoning

omg - is redbush tea not allowed, I just bought some today and drank a cup... it will be my last cup.

I wrote to Lipotrim to ask them about redbush.....not a conclusive answer, but this is what they sent me:

"Rooibos grades are largely related to the percentage "needle" or leaf
to stem content in the mix"

Some people will have difficulty with this tea. It can slow weight loss
and make you more hungry than you need to be. (some do get away with it)

My chemist told me chilli powder is ok as it does not contain carbs, does anyone know if it is ok, because its the only way I can get the chicken soup down and I don't have a sweet tooth so I couldn't survive on shakes and flapjacks alone!?

My chemist told me chilli powder is ok as it does not contain carbs, does anyone know if it is ok, because its the only way I can get the chicken soup down and I don't have a sweet tooth so I couldn't survive on shakes and flapjacks alone!?

being honest ive used it once before and felt kinda hungry the day after but was still in ketosis, but ive just added a little now to my soup as i was stood looking in fridge wanting to eat something, really craving bad just a brown breadcake with butter n jam:confused:

so i figured either that or chilli in soup, i think i chose the best option:D

This is the offical reply to my query from Lipotrim - am gutted because the soup is so bland - I love spicy food. Oh well, it will be worth it in the end I suppose.:sigh:

I am annoyed with the Pharmacist for giving me the wrong info - surely if they don't know they should say so!

"Sorry your pharmacist is wrong. Chilli and cayenne are peppers – carbs. It is not a good idea for several reasons. It can slow your weight loss, make you more hungry than you need to be and ultimately make maintenance more difficult as well. Please watch the DVD for a more full explanation. Some people get away with it, but not many."

Thank you so much for the update....good to know the official answer, even though it's not the answer we all wanted! Unfortunately I also had advice from my pharmacist about the types of tea I could drink that Lipotrim then told me was incorrect...it's so frustrating!

When I worked in a pharmacy a few years ago, there were a couple of women who worked there that, well, without being rude, the way they gave advice one would think they were actually qualified pharmacists!!! Often giving advice that wasn't necessarily wrong, just not thorough enough, and should really have directed the customer to the main man, the pharmacist, he however, was very thorough, extremaly well qualified and never tried to be or wanted to be a customer's GP.
I feel a little worried, possibly even a tad upset that I have added pepper to my soup this evening when I shouldn't have done.

From now on I won't be adding anything and leaving the 'science' behind Lipotrim to do the job I'm paying them for!

Oh my, where did all that come from?? LOL

This is the offical reply to my query from Lipotrim - am gutted because the soup is so bland - I love spicy food. Oh well, it will be worth it in the end I suppose.:sigh:

I am annoyed with the Pharmacist for giving me the wrong info - surely if they don't know they should say so!

"Sorry your pharmacist is wrong. Chilli and cayenne are peppers – carbs. It is not a good idea for several reasons. It can slow your weight loss, make you more hungry than you need to be and ultimately make maintenance more difficult as well. Please watch the DVD for a more full explanation. Some people get away with it, but not many."

hey hun i got a very simular answer, so ahve drank the soup without, wsnt very nice but as summergirl kept trying to tell me its not good to add anything, maybe that why i only last 4lbs last week:confused: i thought it was due to totm and eating a bit of ham, maybe not, ive been on it most of 2nd week so next week wil week if cutting it out makes a diff

When I worked in a pharmacy a few years ago, there were a couple of women who worked there that, well, without being rude, the way they gave advice one would think they were actually qualified pharmacists!!! Often giving advice that wasn't necessarily wrong, just not thorough enough, and should really have directed the customer to the main man, the pharmacist, he however, was very thorough, extremaly well qualified and never tried to be or wanted to be a customer's GP.
I feel a little worried, possibly even a tad upset that I have added pepper to my soup this evening when I shouldn't have done.

From now on I won't be adding anything and leaving the 'science' behind Lipotrim to do the job I'm paying them for!

Oh my, where did all that come from?? LOL

hah same here hun, i asked my chemist lady if the pepper could be why id only lost 4lbs and she said no way at all........but who know, now ive cut it out we will see but a bit peeved off she told me it was ok in the first place if its affected my losses........but like i said above i trusted them.......so i get wieghed tomoz, then next weeks weigh willl tell wether its afected me this week and last.........kinda peed off now:mad:

and one thing i need to say

is sorry summergirl for not taking your word for it, :D ill be listening to you more from now on lol, i just really expected the chemist to know better

Worrying thing is though, it was on here that I got the idea to add it. :sigh:

I know we're trying to help each other and I know that I am new, and doubtful that I can do it without everyones support, but I really was on the understanding that Lipotrim is or WAS a food replacement diet where most of your choices and ALL of your food is replaced. I'm not sure about everyone else but I feel that I'm using/following Lipotrim because I want to retrain myself with regards to how I think about food, and of course, lose tonnes and tonnes of timber :p

The chap in the (VERY POOR) DVD mentions again and again that the foodpacks are the way they are because your brain needs to forget about taste and cravings.

Anyhow, onwards and upwards for us eh? Or should that be onwards and downwards??? ha ha.

Enough of my ranting, just put it down to being staving hungry and not yet, obviously, in ketosis! :eek:

Back