second attempt

vitzy82

hi everyone. today was my first day back on LL. i did ll for the first time just over 2 years ago, lost 3 stone and got to a goal of 10st where i never been b4! didnt do maintenance and very shortly after went on a 4 week holiday and weight came on after that, im now even heavier with 6 stone to loose!

this time i plan to do management. hoping this will be my last time and i can prove my doubters wrong. preparing for a tough next few days..... hope to get to know u all. feel very anxious and hope i can stick to it. your support is VERY much appreciated.

Hi there.

I'm back on LL too, got at least 5st to lose.

Good luck with the diet.

Good luck both of you!!
And well done for deciding to go back! Now it'll all get easier for you!
It's my 4th week this week and i feel great. I definitely think doing management this time gives us the best chance to maintain the weight loss.
Just hang in there and stay focused! Use this time as the opportunity to learn from the mistakes you've made the first time round!
I know exactly what went wrong for me! I didn't do management! lol
Here's to our success!
It's our time this time ladies!

Good luck ladies

I am convinced that 2 aspects seem to be key in maintaining the weight loss:
1. Carry on with abstinence until you reach the goal weight you want, perhaps a few pounds under for a buffer.
2. Complete RTM and continue going to the maintenance classes.

Another tip that works for me is not to weigh in between classes, but I know some people find it important to weigh every day.
Whatever works for you.
I'm sure you'll keep it off this time.

Second time for me too!

Hi everyone, it is really encouraging to read the comments regarding the return to LL. I lost three stones over a year ago and kept my lovely slim body until only the last three months. I had a ghastly problem that had to be faced, I drank a little too much alcohol every night and ended up comfort eating with all the wrong foods. And in three months I put on three stones!
Today was my second day (nearly complete now) back on the LL program. Yesterday seemed very easy but today has been extremely difficult. I keep beating myself up for being so silly and throwing away everything I worked so hard for and putting myself right back to square one again.
The first time around, I did not keep up the management after I lost the weight and that is a mistake I do not intend to repeat. There is just the small issue of losing the weight again!!!
I did it before and I am very determined to do it again.
Thanks for listening to my whinging and here's to reaching my target weight!!

All the best to everyone.

Kindman
You need to stop beating yourself up for what happened! It's not going to help, trust me!
Look forward, not back! We are all on the same boat and we all make mistakes. This is your time to do it right and maybe concentrate more on the CBT and working out what is it that makes you binge drink or eat in the first place and what can you do to stop yourself from doing that in the future.
When i came back on LL early June i felt sick with guilt after putting all the weight i lost first time round (4 stone that is) back on.
But quickly i realised there is absolutely no point feeling bitter about it. Negative thoughts are so bad for you!
Then quickly i realised that it's not all that bad. After all i AM doing something about it!
My tip would be to stick to the program till the very end and def do the maintnace!
And drink lots of water. The more you drink the easier the weight loss will be!!
Good luck and keep on popping in here. The support and advise here is amazing!!

Porpo,
give it another go!
It's not an easy diet to do but if you stick to it and stay strong, it works!
Good luck with whatever you decide!

hi everyone, thank you so much for your messages and your support

propa - i am finding it ok so far though tonight feeling bit frustrated!

my boss brought cupcakes into the office today, the lovely ones from marks full of creamy icing! they looked yum but i resisted

need to do it this time, this heat makes me realise how being big makes u feel so uncomfortable. seeing all the women my age in such nice dresses makes me think if i reach goal next year that could be me!

thanks again everyone and keep it touch:family2:

Well done for resisting vitzy!!! You should be proud!
Make sure you drink loads esp in this weather.
And have a bar on you whenever you might get tempted.
It'll all be worth it at the end...

thanks magiclove, just starting week 3 now. spent the weekend in hastings but kept to plan. Still finding it hard but more in terms of struggling not to eat but realising now whenever i do want to eat its just emotional i dont actually need it. missed my weigh in because i was away so hoping this sunday the scales show a good loss. how r u going magiclove?

propa did u start?

Back