Second time lucky?

Elvira

Mistress of the Dark
Hi all,

I've just started Exante again today. I did it before, in combination with Cambridge, and lost 7st - I got down to 14st 11lbs, my lowest ever weight (that I can remember!). Stupidly I didn't work back up the plans and I have gained most of it back. This time, I'm going to do it right! I'm losing it for my graduation at the end of August, as I want to feel great on that day, without worrying that I look like the back end of a bus!

I'm so glad this forum is here - I joined a group on Facebook but there were too many cheaters, and what I call 'cheat planners' on there. I need to chat with 100%-ers like myself!

Today has been quite easy, although I have the headache already, and my face is burning! That's a new one on me. Hopefully I'll get the worst of the headache over with today so tomorrow can be plain sailing! I'm sipping my banana shake and my water. Bring on the first week's weigh in! I normally lose about 12-14lbs in Week 1, so fingers crossed! I'd love to be close to getting out of the twenties and into the teens!!!

Gem xxx

Wow 12-14lbs in a week, thats really good, i started my diet on 6th jan, 15st, been two weeks tomorrow and im 14st 1lb so nearly a stone in 2wks, im really wanting to get down to 9/10st as never been that weight EVER, really determined, wishing you all the luck :)

Thanks hun, and well done you!

I only lose so much in week 1 because I never normally drink water, so the sudden increase means I lose all my retained water, AND I am very overweight xx

Welcome back :)

I know what you mean about the cheaters, it was getting beyond a joke x

Thanks Starlight! I knew you'd agree with me :D

I just deleted everyone and left the group. I can't see posts asking about what it's okay to cheat with - I need positivity! xx

Hi elvira

Just wanted to wish you luck, sounds like you're doing great though:D

I'm a 100% kinda girl too, I know some people can cheat and get away with it, and I admire them for being able to hop back on the wagon, but for me this diet is all about being 100% commited, I just want to stay stuck firmly on the wagon:D

Hope the ketosis fairy visits you very soon xxx

Elvira, Best of Luck

Hey Gem, good luck on your exante journey this time around.

I too am a 100% girl and find it odd that people who chose a TFR then go on to find ways to 'cheat' they're only making things harder for themselves I reckon.

x

Okay so originally I opened this thread just to tell you that I love your username, then I noticed that you're another Gem and then that you're against cheating too!

Be my soulmate? :D

Okay so originally I opened this thread just to tell you that I love your username, then I noticed that you're another Gem and then that you're against cheating too!

Be my soulmate? :D

:D Deal!

I love your username too! We have a similar amount to lose as well, so we're both in it for the long haul! And I just checked your profile and we are the same age! xxx

Day 2

Day 2 today, and all going well so far. I have a cracking headache, which started last night. I woke up a few times in the night and still had it so I'm assuming it was an all night thing. HARDCORE! My whole face hurts today - my sinuses and jaw. Never had a headache like it but I know it will pass either this afternoon or after I've slept on it.

I'm not stepping on the scales until Tuesday when I weigh in! I want the surprise!

Today I have a 3,000 word essay to finish so I could have done without the headache but I'll just have a couple of Nurofen and I'll be good to go!

Going to have a strawberry shake today - they are evil. I'm not looking forward to it but thanks to the new shake and bar bumper pack, I only have 14 to get through so it's not too bad.

Have a good day everyone! xxx

Welcome to exante :D I'm on week three but have only lost 10 lbs :( No cheating either. I'm currently 18.10 (yesterday was 9 :( )

But staying strong ! We WILL loose this weight though!

Hiii!!

Wow you did so well 1st time round, I'm sure you can smash it again! I have restarted today - started back in August but only managed it for a couple of weeks before I fell off plan. We just booked our summer holiday for June so I am determined to shed some of this weight ASAP!

Good luck to you & everybody x

Welcome to exante :D I'm on week three but have only lost 10 lbs :( No cheating either. I'm currently 18.10 (yesterday was 9 :( )

But staying strong ! We WILL loose this weight though!

Are you drinking enough water? Or too much? xx

Well, I've finished my essay, my headache has gone and I have a metallic taste in my mouth. This can only mean one thing:

KETOSIS!!! :massmoon:

I knew I was, as (TMI alert) I went to the loo and there was fat floating on top - it feels great to flush it away!!!

How's everyone else getting on today?

Hey! Im at the end of day 3 - Im doing well :) I had a sneaky weigh-in yesterday and today... I've lost 4.5lbs so far. I know its probably just fluid, but hey - its a loss! :D :D :D ..This is my second time round and this time I am finding it much easier. I think its because I am in the right frame of mind. I too have the nasty metallic taste in my mouth.....This can only mean destination Ketosisville! x

Day 3, nearly done and dusted!

Well done Aria29, but stay away from those scales - they can become an unhealthy addiction! There will be days when you might not lose and that can make you disheartened. Maybe try upping your water to 3l and see if that improves your losses? I try to drink 3-4l.

Well, I have a headache again. Not sure why. I haven't got the ketosis coldness yet - I walked into uni and was sweating buckets even though it was freezing and I didn't even have a coat on. Not even a jumper! I think it's my hormones as it's TOTM. Perhaps the headache is because I got so hot. I've been drinking water since getting home, hoping that would clear it but no luck yet.

I've been catching up on Biggest Loser this afternoon - so motivating!

I went to Tesco this morning and bought their meal replacement bars to have instead of the Exante ones - the Exante ones were making me gag. I'm sure they weren't that disgusting last time I had them! I read on here that Tesco bars are okay to have, and the 3pk boxes are on 3 for 2 at the moment so I bought 12 boxes :D I hope they are nice!

Looking forward to ordering my next lot of Exante - going to get 50 chocolate shakes and 50 porridge. Not tried the porridge yet but I'm sure I'll like it. What do you guys think of it? xx

Last edited:
Back