Original Second time round at SW, new to the forums- original question?

beepbeepyeh

Hello everyone! Discovered the forums when I was looking for recipes and syn values, I'm currently doing the body optimise part of SW. I don't have loads to lose (18lbs, 14 to go), and I'm motivated to lose the weight because I gained it over the past few years and slowly my clothes have stopped fitting me :( Also, I'm getting married next year and I want to feel good about the pictures!

I have a question to you guys about original days and being a veggie! I gather from the forums that a few people prefer red days pre-weigh in and that alternating days is a good thing. Last time I did SW I had 2 1/2 stone to lose, and I just stuck to greens but this time I've done that but it hasn't worked as well, I think I'll be STS for the second week in a row from the look of it!

Anyway, I'm rambling, but can anyone advise me on how to do red days and be veggie? Is it straightforward just limiting pasta etc? If anyone has any veg original recipes I'd appreciate it :)

Also, do food diaries help?

thankyou all :)

Maddie

I'm not veggie but I often do red days without eating meat and use eggs and meat free or quorn products, plus some fish (although I realise that you don't eat fish).
I do red days without meat because it limits the carb portions.

I'm not too sure about the red days & being veggie.

I always kept a food diary & did so until I reached target a few weeks ago. I also keep a spreadsheet with my weekly syns on it this helps me keep an eye on what syns I'm eating, eg this morning I've had 2 chocs = 4 syns, if I didn't note that down there is no way I'd remember later:p

If you're a veggie there's no point doing a red day. Stick to green, just make sure you're varying your food. My weight tends to stick if I eat the same old things day in day out. Eat lots of veg/salad with your carbs and you'll be fine.

I agree! Green days don't have to mean carb overload, so just carry on doing green days but build your meals around other foods instead of pasta. Remember there are all sorts of other free foods you can have such as cous cous, bulghar wheat, pulses and quinoa. Variety in all things is key.

Oh, thankyou!

To be honest i'm totally confused at the moment because on body optimise it has a thing for 'mix 2 max' days, but I have no idea what this is and it doesn't mention it anywhere else on the site?

The syns spreadsheet is an awesome idea! I keep mixing syns up at the moment.

I think my problem with green days is that I go 'oh yay, potato' then eat far too much with stuff! Might try to do a couple of the red days just to have times where I limit/ avoid the green free foods because I am a bit of a carb-o-holic.

Quinoa- I bought some of that the other day! now to find some recipes with it in :)

thanks everyone! :D

Back