Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Second time round, starting tomorrow

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Returners' started by shakermaker, 12 January 2008 Social URL.

1. shakermaker

shakermaker Member

Hi all,

I am also a second time round girl, lost a little under 3 stone by July last year :). Then my counsellor left and I joined another group for management. I didn't really settle in this group and used the fact that the class was too far away and too late at night as my excuse to stop attending.

At first I did ok, even managed to stay more or less the same weight after a 3 week family holiday.

However, the weight was slowly creeping on... lots of the lovely clothes I bought were too tight but thankfully I didn't buy any in a size up!!!

Then, in December, I got a letter from the counsellor I met during the ill fated management sessions.... she had a refresher course starting 12th January 2008. That is the best letter I have ever received!!! I knew I was putting weight back on and didn't want it to continue.

Anyway, I went to the session today and met lots of lovely new friends, all in the same boat as me and knew I had made the right decision with rejoining. I even had a pleasant surprise... I have only put 21lbs back on, not the 2 stones I thought it was!!

I've read all of the other threads in this forum and was very motivated to learn that after the first two weeks I should be ok, thanks to you all, it does help to see that it can be done!!!

I am sooo looking forward to:
    • increased energy levels
    • shiny, thick hair
    • long and strong nails
    • beautiful, healthy, glowing skin
    • being able to open the wardrobe and take out anything knowing it will fit, look good and I'll feel great
    I start on the packs tomorrow and will keep you posted on my progress.

Take care

Trish xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. mustdoit

mustdoit susan

Diet:
    atkins
    i could say ditto to your post ............... don't forget your ticker xx

4. LilacAngel

LilacAngel Full Member

Diet:
    W8
    Good decision.........think of all the things you would say to a new starter, starting for the first time - even write a list out ! You can apply it to yourself and use all the knowledge you have gained from your earlier experience.......chuffed for you and your Group.......

5. mustdoit

mustdoit susan

Diet:
    atkins
    can i join you please x

6. LilacAngel

LilacAngel Full Member

Diet:
    W8

Hey ! Like your avator ! ;)

I know there was a typing error in your name - it's really

doingitcosIwantto :D

7. mustdoit

mustdoit susan

Diet:
    atkins
    ........hugs to you........ lilac please check in on me tomorrow please ...............off to pick up boys from the piccies xx

8. mustdoit

mustdoit susan

Diet:
    atkins
    I'm exhausted watching my avatar !!!

9. LilacAngel

LilacAngel Full Member

Diet:
    W8

You must name you're avator - think of all cals he is burning off !

I'll be around tomorrow at times :character00148: - you don't need anyone checking on you - you are responsible for you own actions :party0011:

10. x-Katie-x

x-Katie-x Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1lb(34.69%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Trish I did exactly the same as you except I put on a lot more weight since stopping, but getting back into it this week has been a Godsend - feels great to see the scales going down instead of up.

Best of luck.

11. shakermaker

shakermaker Member

Thanks everyone, nice to meet you all.

Today hasn't been too bad, I'm struggling a bit to drink as much water as I should, but I have time to get on track.

Thankfully I haven't felt hungry but have been thinking of food all day.

How is everyone else getting on?

Trish xx

12. mustdoit

mustdoit susan

Diet:
    atkins
    you have done sooooooooooo well keep it up.............remember i am watching !!

13. mustdoit

mustdoit susan

Diet:
    atkins
    where are you ?????????????????????

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.