Extra Easy Second week blues

rhubarbie

So I had a really good, but unexpected, first week loss of 5lbs. I felt heavy all of my first week and struggled with eating 1/3 superfree food. I'm feeling the same this week but I've also had a kind of lapse weekend.

I was pretty much able to count syns and I had about 25 on Saturday but cut down to 5 on Sunday to try and counterbalance.

So I've accepted there is no way I can reprise the 5lbs. Has anyone else had the same problem in their second week? Any tips on how to fast track weight loss with 4 days to recover from a high-syn weekend?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

You didn't have a high syn weekend, you had 30 syns over the weekend which averages out at 15 syns per day. Just stay on track for the rest of the week including having up to 15 syns a day and you should still lose some weight but you must have the 1/3 superfree if you are doing EE.

Denise

Thanks Denise. I guess I'm just panicking a bit because I don't like losing control of how many syns I've had!! Really want a loss this week!

Going to make sure I eat my veggies lol

Second week blues are very common in most diets hun, I'm very new to slimming world but as joedenise says it does only average out at 15 per day. On previous diets when I have had a first great week, i tend to get very insecure the second week for many reasons.

1. Im so determined to do well i sometimes obsess about every little morsel that goes in my mouth. (if you feel like you have overdone it, it can make you feel guilty when there is no reason too, life throws things at us!)
2. I think the first week is a fluke and that ill be in a worse position than when I started.
3. I also feel a little down and slightly demotivated.

So your not the only one!

With the bloated feeling maybe try and drink a bit more fluid or reduce your salt intake?

these things can affect how you feel water wise. water can = bloated feelings

Unfourtunatly i dont really know any hints or tips on how to recover from feeling like you have over synned but remember a syn is only 20kcal and a pound in weight is 3500kcal!

Your weekend sounds great to me, to be honest! It averages out, as Denise says, as 15 syns a day - which is absolutely fine. I think it's easy to feel as if you've done something wrong in the first weeks of following SW - I spent a lot of time feeling like I'd broken the diet, even when I hadn't, just because I wasn't used to feeling full and still being on track. But have faith - although you might not see such big losses as your first week (well done on that five pounds!) from now on - as a healthy and realistic loss is 1-2lbs a week - the diet definitely works :)

I think that is what it is. I'd done red and green days before so EE seems to work but it baffles me! Lol I had a big bowl of pasta yday but made sure I had 1/3 mushrooms and peppers in it. Felt really full. Can't quite believe I'd lose weight eating like that!

I guess I just wanted to be really strict with my syns this week to make sure I lose.

I've not been weighing myself at home either so that adds to the mystery. I'm just going by how heavy I feel lol

Your weekend sounds great to me, to be honest! It averages out, as Denise says, as 15 syns a day - which is absolutely fine. I think it's easy to feel as if you've done something wrong in the first weeks of following SW - I spent a lot of time feeling like I'd broken the diet, even when I hadn't, just because I wasn't used to feeling full and still being on track. But have faith - although you might not see such big losses as your first week (well done on that five pounds!) from now on - as a healthy and realistic loss is 1-2lbs a week - the diet definitely works :)

I have been on the plan for 3 weeks now and I felt exactly the sam- sw is still a learning curve for me and you'll eventually realise how many syns things have and what you can and cannot eat.

I only had a 2lb loss in my 2nd week after my 8lb loss in my 1st and I felt disheartened, but you will lose weight, i promise you :) I had a nice weight loss this week so pls stick to it and believe it will work.

Rozie

Back