Second weigh in this morning!!

froggylegs

Silver Member
:D I am over the moon!!

First weigh in (after 6 days on the diet) I lost 3lbs and was a little disappointed.

Second weigh in today, 10 days after my first one and I have lost 8lbs and I am over the moon :banana dancer::banana dancer::party0023:

Well done that's great! A loss is a loss at least it's going the right way! Got my 1st weigh in on Monday hoping for a good loss can't weight to see my body change starting weight 15st 6 how about you?

First weigh in (after 6 days on the diet) I lost 3lbs and was a little disappointed.

Second weigh in today, 10 days after my first one and I have lost 8lbs and I am over the moon :banana dancer::banana dancer::party0023:

fantastic news!! Well done!

Nice work!

Woo-hoo, froggylegs ! Way to go,girl !! :party0011: xx

Well done for sticking with it, many would have given up with the smaller loss in week one.... I bet you are glad you had faith in the diet now.:D

:) Aw thanks everyone, it means a lot to get your support and congrats!

Chlo, to be honest if I didn't have such a good consultant and also got some great support on here, especially from countrybumpkin I think I would have chucked the towel in after that first week, I had read so many stories on here about people's huge first week losses that even though I didn't expect a mammoth loss cos i dont have a lot to lose, i thoug it might be 5 or maybe even 6lbs.

bubbles, I only have 2 stone to lose. I have been trying all the diets that usually work great for me - Slimming World, low carb, WW but just found I could not stick to them at all this time so this was really a last resort for me.

I have come back down to earth with a bump this evening though. A good friend said it was no wonder i had lost weight as i was starving myself :mad: and another said "well done on the weight loss but you can hardly call it a proper diet". Why are people so bloody judgemental?

They are judgemental cos of 2 reasons a) they jealous at how fabulous u r looking or b) they jealous they can't do the diet themselves cos they have zilch willpower but wont admit it

Least when u done u will be fantabulous but they will still be bigger and miserable and u can eat properly and healthily and they will be gutted

I think you are probably right, at least some of it is maybe a bit of jealousy because both of them are overweight and cant lose it. I can understand that, i would probably be jealous myself if I was in their position. I think what gets to me more is that I really thought they knew me well and knew I would never be so bloody stupid as to do a starvation diet but they are treating me like a child who doesn't know what's best for them.

My dad was a GP and when the Cambridge Diet first came out he researched it loads and thought it was an absolutely brilliant idea for some people, not for everyone but definitely for some. Before he put any of his patients on it, he tried it himself for 2 weeks, he said he would never suggest anyone go on it unless he had experienced it himself so that he would understand it and how it affects you more. He went on to start lots of his patients on it and many of them had fantastic results. It was much harder back then because the only products were shakes, nothing else, and they were truly minging! Its come on a lot, thank goodness, but even then he could see its potential and he was right!

Very interesting about your dad - and really commendable too, I think, for him to try it first! It reminds me a little of that personal trainer who lost a ton of weight so he knew what it would really be like for his clients. And, of course, it's always nice to hear a GP recommendation!

Sorry about your friends though. You never know: when they see you looking fabulous at goal (not that you don't already, I'm sure) they might be convinced to start the diet!

Biggest hugs and congratulations on your phenomenal loss. It's always brilliant to see someone get a big loss a bit further through the process! You really deserved that big jump and you'll get to show it off on holiday soon enough! :happy096:

Just read this froggylegs and no wonder you were cross: think we are all fuming in sympathy!! Apart rom whar seem to be the normal headaches and hunger pangs of the first few days can truthfully say I haven't felt unwell or lethargic .
Quite the reverse in fact.Maybe your "friends" will be converted in due course but if not it's their loss - no pun intended!
You are doing this for YOU - so keep up the good work and reap the rewards !! Xx

Thanks CB and lycho :) I am the same as you lycho, I really have never felt as well for months and months and I have tons more energy

I've never really been in tune as to how my body feels after certain foods. It'll be interesting, once I get back to eating, to learn which things make me sluggish or bloated, for example. Before this diet I had no idea I could feel so sprightly!

Can I just say that this "smiley" :banana dancer: scares the be***** out of me?!

:8855: When I posted it i didn't have my glasses on. I have now and she appears to be shaking her bazookas which was NOT what I thought she was doing when I posted it

Back