Secret Diary of a Fat Girl

cruella d'vil

Over the years my weight has gone up and down more times than a whores drawers, I've blamed everything from baby weight (youngest's 15!) to the alignment of the moon. The problem lies in my feet ........ I can't keep them away from the fridge.
I've tried many diets, pills and potions, eaten from smaller plates and even drank urine flavoured milkshakes that (falsely) promised to rid me of half my body weight in a fortnight. I've purchased every celebrity endorsed workout DVD and my personal favourite was Insanity. That bugger nearly put me in traction and that was only 7 minutes and 6 seconds into the warm up.
The label in my clothes should be reported to trading standards for false representation! My thick stretchy leggings are now stretched that taut they resemble 10 denier tights. Lycra ladies is not your friend!
Breaking point for me wasn't joint pain, breathlessness or constant heart burn. No, it was a photograph taken and posted on social media. I didn't recognise the huge moon face smiling back at me, cheekbones were gone and I now have the addition of an extra couple of chins. I shrieked in horror and asked my friend to remove it. I then cried that night. Sobbed at the mess I had become.
Last week I took the plunge and joined Slimming World. My consultant made me feel at ease but nothing could have prepared me for the numbers that screamed back at me from the scales. What I thought was the international dialling code for Taiwan was actually my weight!!!!!
Since Wednesday I have stuck to my plan rigidly, carefully weighing and calculating my healthy A & B options and weighing up the most effective use of my syns. So far, so good. Watch this space peeps ........ Let's see what the scales say on Wednesday
Much love ...... Cx

Hi there... Your post made me both chuckle and want to weep with empathy too. Well done for taking that first step and welcome to a fab place to be. I'm new too, but I was here s few years ago - but this time it's for real! I know I need people to bounce off on the good days and the crappy ones and there was so much support here last time, I came back

Looking forward to sharing your journey x

I liked your post in the nicest possible way. Particularly the bit about your feet. Good luck for your weigh in! Come and let us know how you get on won't you?

Remember it's what happens in the future that's important. We have all got ourselves here some way or another and are all making changes and this makes the forum invaluable.

You may find your post is moved to the diary section which is at the top of the list of the sub forums if you scroll up so if it's missing look there :) have a great week!!

Hi all ....... Thank you so much for your messages. I lost the grand total (drum roll ..........) of 2.5lbs. I know it's two off and a loss is a loss but I reckon I could lose that amount just shaving my legs!!!! Slightly disappointed and made a mad dash out of class before I received a half hearted round of applause from the rest of the class. Although I doubt any one noticed, they were too busy cheering the guy who ate a whole 18syns cheesecake to himself and lost 5lb!!!! I've read through my food diary and can't see anything blatantly obvious. Going to up my exercise and drink more water. Let's see what occurs next Wednesday. Hope you're all dong well
Much love Cx

2.5 is a good loss and although I laughed at the guy with the cheesecake (not to his face you understand. I don't know him) I thought about how it's important not to compare ourselves to others as the journey is individual. Men in particular should never be compared. Or listened to. Or allowed to take control of maps/remotes/duvets/personal finances.

2.5lb is an incredible loss... people will say I only lost... you should be really proud of yourself.
I have weeks where I'll lose 5lb and other weeks where I lose 1 and I cant understand why.
Have you been using your syns... I feel that is really important and somehow the more syns is use (closer to the 15 than 5) the more I lose each week.
Make sure you eat lots of speed foods and a top tip - maybe its just in my head.. but I stop drinking approx 4 hours before weigh in.. water weighs a lot ... a pint of water is a lb and a quarter... seems to work for me!
keep at it.. dont give in.. i lost half a lb my second week and nearly sacked it in... im now 11 weeks in and 2st 8 lighter!
keep it up.. think of the rewards.. i feel so much better for losing the weight - I weighed more than you so guessing you may feel better sooner then I did!
youve got this girl xx

I chuckled at the cheesecake too ! 2.5 is 2.5 but I understand how you feel. We just have to remember some weeks we'll be the tortoise not the hare... And give us a bit of time and damn fine tortoises we'll be lol

Enjoyed reading ur updates.

Good luck tomorrow. Love Sam's advice as to not compare to others. I have weeks that I've done perfectly and even managed low calories and get nothing or just 1/2lb. Then I go to Vegas. Drink heavily. Eat rubbish. Don't exercise one bit and lose the same. Disheartening but I'm convinced it's a timing thing. The losses do catch up. And the pace helps keep it off too! I've been on "holiday" for 4 weeks and have maintained. That would not have happened had I been doing no-carb for 10 weeks for sure.

Stick with it. Hope u smash it tomorrow!

Back