secret food diaries of a dieter!!!!

mrsmitch01

Hi everyone,
i have been a slimming world member at bartley green in birmingham since january 2009. When i started i was a size 28 and weighed in at 22stone 5lb, horrendous!!!!! I got to this size firstly by having two lovely daughters, i know alot of you will associate to this and also i married a lovely man called paul who spoils me, so i got lazy and let him do everything for me, also when i had my youngest daughter sophie, who is nearly 4, i had to have an emergency c section so i could not exercise for months after i had her. So there i was with a 'bumbag' of skin that i hated and bingo wings, i couldn't take my kids to the park and i was sick of shopping in evans, and only evans!!!!!! I set myself a new years resolution last year to try slimming world and get myself back to some sort of normality, so off i popped t my nearest group and met denise, she was lovely. she explained everything to me and i felt really positive. so i am now 16 months in and i have lost 5stone and 5lbs. Sure i have good days and bad days, but i can cope with the bad days as i know i can use food optimising and i know it works..... so if i could give some advice to all you fellow slimmers out there here goes:
1. always go to group, i haven't missed one yet.
2. use a food diary every day, it helps to keep you on track of syns and see how much superfree food you've had.
3. use a food directory if you're unsure of syn values, and always make sure you check before you eat!!!!!
4. eat plenty of speedy foods like strawberries, raspberries, melon etc.
my extra easy day usually consists of:
B. 42g weetabix crunchy bran, fruit and yogurt.
L. ham and egg salad with 1 teaspooon ex light salad cream(1 syn), fruit and yogurt
D. quorn curry, brown rice and roasted veg, fruit and an alpen light bar.
i hope you find this interesting, everyone at group always asks me what do you eat??? can i borrow one of your food diaries???? so i hope this will help someone out there
over and out!!!!!:D

Wow you have done really well, 5 stone what a achievement! I also have a daughter called Sophie but shes only 6 months lol! Looking forward to reading your diary entrys. Em x

Hey Emma!!! *waves*

I think you need to post more and then you can add your 5 stone sticker to your signature!!! :D

Congratulations on your amazing weight loss xxx

hey guys, thanks for the comments will be posting on here tonight after weigh in, god help me, i have evrything crossed. i gained a pound and a half last week, but to be fair with my hubbie's birthday and then house hunting with my friend in burton on saturday it was a really poo week (if the lord mayor f burton is reading this, then please open some healthy eating places, PLEASE!!!!), lol, so i'll be back!! xxxx

Hi, well done for the weight loss and good luck for weigh in tonight...will be looking forward to reading your food diary.
I've just started one online myself as I find writing everything down really helps (and while I type I can't eat ;-))

ok, so i have just got back from group and i have lost an amazing 2 and a half pounds which means i've got my 5 and a half stone award yiiiiiipppppppeeeeee!!!!!!! its been a long time coming and now i need to go for my 6 stoner. There is always something to aim for so never ever doubt yourself and say ''yes'' i can do it.p.s how do i put my 5 1/2 stone sticker and body magic awards on here, feeling a bit pc illiterate duh!!!!!!!

Last edited:
now worries honey - cant wait to see ya next month!!!! i might miss ya if you lose any more weight! Xxx :D joke....im very proud of what you have achieved x

you won't miss me i've still got a big gob lol!!!!! i can't wait either, just gotta figure out what to wear???? xxxx

well i had a brill day yesterday. I had strawberries, blueberries and melon, banana and amushroom omelette and beans for breakfast. For lunch i went to a chinese buffet and had lettuce, tomato, cucumber, plain rice, roast chicken(skin off) and fruit salad. For dinner i had beef chilli with mixed beans and mushrooms and plain rice. for snacks and healthy extras i had 1 x fibre plus cereal bar yum yum!!! and a pot of total 0% fat and an options chocolate fudge mixed in (3 syns). I am astounded that by using free food first that i was not hungry at all yesterday. Mind you i was out pretty much all day yesterday!!!! But i am being wary this week, i have had problems with my monthlys and i have been 'on' for 4 weeks so the doctor has given me norethisterone to stop them which i started taking yesterday and they have already worked, so i hope that i don't gain because of these, hopefully i won't!!! so today im chilling out and eating loads of free foods, tommorow i'm off to burton on trent, house hunting with my friend sharon, so we are going to take slimming world quiche and salad etc.

Well done mrsmitch...You seem really focused...Let's hope I'll get as focused by reading your diary.
How's the chocolate option with total yogurt? Does it taste alright?

it tastes absolutely yummy, i have strawberries with it to dip in, it's really creamy and thick, you can use any options sachet, the white chocolate is nice too. xxxxx

I am so proud of myself today, me and my friend sharon went house hunting in Swadlincote yesterday and last time we went, a fortnight ago, we ended up eating at a pub and then going to boots for food after and i put on a pound and a half, so i was determined this week to be good while we were out and about, so i made a slimming world quiche with a pasta n sauce in it, a bix box of salad, fruit pots(strawberries, melon and blueberries), bananas, apples, mullerlights and salad dressing made from natural low fat yogurt(5 tbsp) and 1 tbsp extra light slad cream(1 syn). It was lovely and we ate nearly all of it. Even though we were sat in the car in the car park of morrisons eating off plastic picnic plates, it was brill. It filled us up so much we couldn't eat the apples and bananas, so i had them when i came home. So hopefully i'll lose this week, fingers crossed xx

Good luck Emma - sounds fab!!! are you moving to Swadlincote??!?!?!
You are prepared - must have been Girl Guides training for you :) xxx

hi everyone, i went to meet my friend christine yesterday and on the minimins ebsite someone said that at weatherspoons the 5 bean chilli is about 5 syns so i thought i'll try it as jacket spuds are doing my head in now, it came in a bowl with yellow basmati rice and a few tortilla chips and it was lovely, i was having a green day and it had quorn mince in it,it only cost about £4.50 i think, it was so yummy, anyway i just sat here thinking about it and i thought i'm going to make sure it's 5 syns, so i went on lifeline and its only 4 1/2 syns on green and extra easy. WOWEE!!!! finally something other than salad or jacket spud i can finally enjoy while im out and about!!!!!!! and in response to you elle sorry to worry you :) no i'm not moving my friend sharon is!!!!!!!

Back