Secret Slimming in Paris

As a daily hopper-on-er myself, I'm not going to tell you off but please don't worry about the daily ups-and-downs. It's the big picture that matters and the trend over a few weeks.

For the record, I had 'gained' a pound yesterday and a further 1.5lbs by this morning. I know that's impossible, so it must be bloat. The chance are that the excess will be gone by tomorrow. What I will do, though, is to caution you not to take the attitude of 'What the heck - if I gain from a good day, there's no point in carrying on'. As someone who has done exactly that, let me assure you that there is a point!

Last edited:
When the maternal clock starts ticking, it's very hard not to let the heart rule the head! You know you're getting a good balanced diet and getting yourself healthy so that when the time is right you will know that you are giving your baby the best chance of a healthy start in life.

I confess I've never been much good at planning a week's menus because I never know quite what I'll fancy to eat and/or whether I'll want to cook a tried and trusted favourite, or if I fancy trying a new recipe. I tend to have plenty of ingredients in to be able to make a variety of things and I tried to keep my day fairly 'plan neutral' up to lunchtime.

I can't tell you off either because if we had scales at home I'd be on them ALL THE TIME!! I particularly like weighing after a poo ;)
So they are banned in my house and I just get weighed in work on the dog scales lol. Not an option for most people, I understand!

I'm not a food planner either. I'd find it boring as hell and I would never stick to it. I never even stick to a shopping list! I'm really that bad. It's a bit different with me doing green days because I don't have to plan too much for Hex's and stuff.
I think you're doing amazingly anyway and you really shouldn't feel downhearted over a 1lb loss! It's a loss :)

I can't give my 2p's worth about the baby thing either. I really don't seem to have a biological clock, I have virtually no interest in kids, and have never ever felt broody - and I'm 31! I think it's different when you're in a relationship though. When I was with my ex we talked about kids, but neither of us was overly enthused. Now, a dog on the other hand ;)
My Mum has come to terms with probably only having four legged, hairy grand children ;) I know my Sister's fiance would like at least one child, but Rachelle is worse than me over kids. They have openly talked about adoption though, which I think is nice. She used the same reason as we do for rescuing dogs - lots of kids need a loving home, so why make a new one. LOL! It is difficult though because I'm not broody or long for a child.
But I do think that what you're feeling is perfectly normal and reasonable and don't let anyone tell you what to do ;) It is never, ever the right time to have a baby, buy a house, make an investment, etc... Whatever feels right for you and F is the "right" thing to do :) xx

I can't tell you off either because if we had scales at home I'd be on them ALL THE TIME!! I particularly like weighing after a poo ;)
So they are banned in my house and I just get weighed in work on the dog scales lol. Not an option for most people, I understand!

I'm not a food planner either. I'd find it boring as hell and I would never stick to it. I never even stick to a shopping list! I'm really that bad. It's a bit different with me doing green days because I don't have to plan too much for Hex's and stuff.
I think you're doing amazingly anyway and you really shouldn't feel downhearted over a 1lb loss! It's a loss :)

I can't give my 2p's worth about the baby thing either. I really don't seem to have a biological clock, I have virtually no interest in kids, and have never ever felt broody - and I'm 31! I think it's different when you're in a relationship though. When I was with my ex we talked about kids, but neither of us was overly enthused. Now, a dog on the other hand ;)
My Mum has come to terms with probably only having four legged, hairy grand children ;) I know my Sister's fiance would like at least one child, but Rachelle is worse than me over kids. They have openly talked about adoption though, which I think is nice. She used the same reason as we do for rescuing dogs - lots of kids need a loving home, so why make a new one. LOL! It is difficult though because I'm not broody or long for a child.
But I do think that what you're feeling is perfectly normal and reasonable and don't let anyone tell you what to do ;) It is never, ever the right time to have a baby, buy a house, make an investment, etc... Whatever feels right for you and F is the "right" thing to do :) xx

Thanks cheeky. Your post is so amazingly nice and supportive!

I don't think it's a bad thing not to have a biological clock and your sister has such a nice idea. I just feel like I want to be pregnant...crazy - I know! Sounds like you are already there on the dog plan too!

You are so right, it's never the right time to make any big decisions, but if we don't then our lives don't move forward. F is a bit older than me and he is also reeeaaaally ready for kids! But, as Tetris pointed out, it's probably to do with his friends already having kids.

When the maternal clock starts ticking, it's very hard not to let the heart rule the head! You know you're getting a good balanced diet and getting yourself healthy so that when the time is right you will know that you are giving your baby the best chance of a healthy start in life.

I confess I've never been much good at planning a week's menus because I never know quite what I'll fancy to eat and/or whether I'll want to cook a tried and trusted favourite, or if I fancy trying a new recipe. I tend to have plenty of ingredients in to be able to make a variety of things and I tried to keep my day fairly 'plan neutral' up to lunchtime.

Yeah, I think SW is good preparation for my body! It would have been silly to have a baby when I weighed over 19 stone and was still eating rubbish! I already looked heavily pregnant! (Seriously, people have even given me their seat on public transport it was that bad!). I'm not saying my body is ready yet, I think it's important to have a better BMI so as to avoid the judging comments and all the health risks for the hypothetical baby and myself. It also means should, God forbid, either one of us have fertility issues they should be easier to sort out...or at least won't be so readily blamed on my size!

Also Patty, thanks for the scale hopping advice! I hopped on this morning and was down to 108.8 - phewsh! But it was touch and go last night! I was really down in the dumps. I'm not sure it's worth the disappointment! Although I did find daily hopping quite useful last week. It was quite reassuring to see my weight staying quite consistent over the week, it reassured me that it wasn't due to too many green days or the glass of champagne I had, it was just my body taking its time. If I can look at it like that it should be OK!

x

Red day

Breakfast: eggs & wm muffin (HEB)
Snack: berries & banana
Lunch: chicken breast 'pizza' (topping: SW bbq sauce, 30g cheese (HEA) onions, mushrooms, peppers & courgettes) with spinach, courgettes & cherry tomatoes
Snack: 2 crabsticks, slice of ham & yoghut
Dinner: 2 chicken drumsticks, actifried carrots (oil=HEB), SW coleslaw & green beans

So, I've eaten quite a lot today but it was mainly superfree! Lunch & Dinner were made up of 3/4s superfree so I'm happy. Definitely getting my 5 a day!

Went to see The Grand Budapest today and I loved it! It has taken me ages to get round to going to see as the trailer for it didn't really tempt me but I'm very glad I went!

I stuck to the food plan today. It's actually quite helpful as I'm often very indecisive about what to take out of the freezer the night before and end up having to do quick defrosting which isn't the best. It's also the first time in a long time i've managed to use all my HEs. I'll see how it goes. The aim of it is to help me, if I feel restricted or pressurized in anyway then I'll stop. HH made a good point about mixing up the days too.

One more holiday day left! I think I'm going to go to the cinema again, there's a French rom-com I fancy seeing.

Hope you've all had a good day.

I don't think you've eaten loads today, unless you've not told us everything!!!

Haha! I always write everything - even when I'm naughty! It just looks like a lot of snacks! And I've just had an orange and another yoghurt hehe.

When I read other people's diaries I'm amazed at how little some of them eat! Like, a ryvita for lunch and that's it :eek:

x

Red day

Breakfast: eggs & wm muffin (HEB)
Snack: berries & banana
Lunch: chicken breast 'pizza' (topping: SW bbq sauce, 30g cheese (HEA) onions, mushrooms, peppers & courgettes) with spinach, courgettes & cherry tomatoes
Snack: 2 crabsticks, slice of ham & yoghut
Dinner: 2 chicken drumsticks, actifried carrots (oil=HEB), SW coleslaw & green beans

So, I've eaten quite a lot today but it was mainly superfree! Lunch & Dinner were made up of 3/4s superfree so I'm happy. Definitely getting my 5 a day!

Went to see The Grand Budapest today and I loved it! It has taken me ages to get round to going to see as the trailer for it didn't really tempt me but I'm very glad I went!

I stuck to the food plan today. It's actually quite helpful as I'm often very indecisive about what to take out of the freezer the night before and end up having to do quick defrosting which isn't the best. It's also the first time in a long time i've managed to use all my HEs. I'll see how it goes. The aim of it is to help me, if I feel restricted or pressurized in anyway then I'll stop. HH made a good point about mixing up the days too.

One more holiday day left! I think I'm going to go to the cinema again, there's a French rom-com I fancy seeing.

Hope you've all had a good day.

OMG I LOVED Grand Budapest Hotel too. I was the same as you and the trailer put me off, but what a charming little movie! I definitely want to watch more of Wes Andersons stuff now. How awesome was Ranulph Fiennes!

Your food is looking lovely today, get in with the superfree! How are you finding planning everything out? I normally just plan the next days food, that's a vast improvement from before when I never planned everything though.

Well done on the pound loss too. Please don't get disheartened by the evil scales, popping on them every day is the quickest way to go insane that I know. Water weight and stuff varies so much from day to day, as I'm sure you well know, so if you can try and wait till official WI. The only way I can do this is by not having them in the house though, so I know how hard it is!

I really want to see The Grand Budapest Hotel and I love Wes Anderson's films. But our stupid local Cineworld doesn't seem to be getting it :(

What if you were to hop on the scales every other day? Rather than multiple times a day? I know I would literally drive myself insane with doing this! It's bad enough in work :eek:

And you're very welcome for the post I made about the pregnancy stuff. Lol yeah, many hairy grand children already, but there will be more to come. And maybe even a human grand child if my sister's Mr gets his own way. I remember her saying when they talked about getting married, before he proposed, and he wanted a baby. So she said she'd think about it if they got married ;) We're very persuasive us Roberts girls :p
But yeah, no matter what the thing is you're trying to decide on, if you wait for the perfect time you'll wait forever. And if it's something you both really want, then, well f*ck what everyone else says ;)
I do agree with you on getting to a healthier weight and a healthier lifestyle though. I think you are most definitely doing the right thing there. And doing a very good job of it too.xx

Haha - pleased the scales were kinder this morning! And agree with HH, it doesn't look a lot. I bet the 1 Ryvita person is either telling porkies and/or quickly falls off the wagon!

Enjoy your last day of freedom..

Thanks Patty! I can't see how anyone could be full from 1 ryvita! I certainly did enjoy my last day of freedom...apart from having those 'back to school' nervous butterflies!

OMG I LOVED Grand Budapest Hotel too. I was the same as you and the trailer put me off, but what a charming little movie! I definitely want to watch more of Wes Andersons stuff now. How awesome was Ralph Fiennes!

Your food is looking lovely today, get in with the superfree! How are you finding planning everything out? I normally just plan the next days food, that's a vast improvement from before when I never planned everything though.

Well done on the pound loss too. Please don't get disheartened by the evil scales, popping on them every day is the quickest way to go insane that I know. Water weight and stuff varies so much from day to day, as I'm sure you well know, so if you can try and wait till official WI. The only way I can do this is by not having them in the house though, so I know how hard it is!

It was so great! I wonder why they made such a mediocre trailer for it? Yeah, I'm definitely on tracking more of Wes Anderson's films! And Ralph Fiennes was brilliant, as ever!

I'm finding the plan very useful so far. Even just knowing what to take out of the freezer is a help! I don't feel stressed by it either, it's a very useful tool.

I know I really do need to stop hopping on the scales! Or maybe put them away...at the moment they are in the middle of the floor, far too accessible and tempting! As they say, out of sight out of mind!
I really want to see The Grand Budapest Hotel and I love Wes Anderson's films. But our stupid local Cineworld doesn't seem to be getting it :(

What if you were to hop on the scales every other day? Rather than multiple times a day? I know I would literally drive myself insane with doing this! It's bad enough in work :eek:

And you're very welcome for the post I made about the pregnancy stuff. Lol yeah, many hairy grand children already, but there will be more to come. And maybe even a human grand child if my sister's Mr gets his own way. I remember her saying when they talked about getting married, before he proposed, and he wanted a baby. So she said she'd think about it if they got married ;) We're very persuasive us Roberts girls :p
But yeah, no matter what the thing is you're trying to decide on, if you wait for the perfect time you'll wait forever. And if it's something you both really want, then, well f*ck what everyone else says ;)
I do agree with you on getting to a healthier weight and a healthier lifestyle though. I think you are most definitely doing the right thing there. And doing a very good job of it too.xx

Oh no that sucks!! It's such a great film!! Are there no other cinemas that are showing it? It's so strange, it's so high in the film ratings here! It's even being shown in the smaller cinemas.

I will try and stay off the scales. I've been much worse while I've been on holiday - too much time on my hands! Hopefully I'll be so busy at work as of tomorrow I'll forget scales exist....not sure how likely that is!

Does your Mum like animals too? I do like animals but, I must admit, I get really freaked out by cats, love dogs, but mainly big dogs (not a fan of the smaller ones) but my real love is horses! I grew up in the middle of nowhere and we had 4 horses in the family! We don't have any anymore and I miss them! If ever F and I move back to the country, be it England or France, we will be getting a Labrador & a horse!

It must be hard on your sister, her and her partner having such a different opinion on such a big thing! I hope they manage to come to an agreement they are both happy with. x

So, went to see the Rom-Com today, it was good but nothing to write home about. Went to the doctors for a thyroid check up this afternoon & I asked him to measure me while I was there. Turns out I'm 4cm taller than I thought I was! I've changed my stats and it's also brought my BMI down a bit!

I've felt a lot less hungry today than yesterday, which is probably down to all the water I've been drinking! I've had like 3.5 litres today!

I tried the SW pizza with cauliflower crust and I must say I'm quite a fan!

Here's my food for today:

Breakfast: orange & banana
Cinema snack: raspberries & mango
Lunch: cauliflower-based SW pizza (topping=chicken breast, bacon, onions, mushrooms, pepper, cheese (HEA))
Snack: orange
Dinner: Pork in a tomato sauce with onions & peppers served with green beans, followed by a yoghurt & a banana

x

Since I replied my Cineworld has added the film lol. I have an unlimited membership to Cineworld and that's kind of my cinema budget for the month so I try to keep my film watching to there. If there's a specific film I'm desperate to see, I do like indie films, I'll go and see it at FACT in town.
I've been really bad with cinema going lately because of such a heavy work and study load. And I've been working a lot of lates over Wednesdays and that's when I'd usually go with my Mum because I can get her in free on my Cineworld card with Orange Wednesday. It's killing me not being able to go!!

Yeah my Mum does like animals. She's always had dogs, also kept and bred tropical and marine fish when she was younger (must be where I get it from!), showed and groomed dogs, like the small fluffies. She was always really fair over pets. I could basically have whatever I wanted as long as I did the research, knew how to look after them, and could afford their set-up and upkeep. She's not a fan of birds, because she's really scared of the noise their wings make - but she loves owls. And she also doesn't like rats, no matter how much I tell her they're awesome ;)

Ah the child issue doesn't appear to be a big one for my Sister and her boy. They've known each other a VERY long time and I can't imagine they would have gotten together if it were. I'm sure there will be a compromise of some sort and they'll sort something out. I don't think he's like super desperate to have a kid, just likes the idea. Besides, they too, have all the time in the world :)

Is your tummy all swishy from the water?! lol

Food looks nice matey :) xx

Since I replied my Cineworld has added the film lol. I have an unlimited membership to Cineworld and that's kind of my cinema budget for the month so I try to keep my film watching to there. If there's a specific film I'm desperate to see, I do like indie films, I'll go and see it at FACT in town.
I've been really bad with cinema going lately because of such a heavy work and study load. And I've been working a lot of lates over Wednesdays and that's when I'd usually go with my Mum because I can get her in free on my Cineworld card with Orange Wednesday. It's killing me not being able to go!!

Yeah my Mum does like animals. She's always had dogs, also kept and bred tropical and marine fish when she was younger (must be where I get it from!), showed and groomed dogs, like the small fluffies. She was always really fair over pets. I could basically have whatever I wanted as long as I did the research, knew how to look after them, and could afford their set-up and upkeep. She's not a fan of birds, because she's really scared of the noise their wings make - but she loves owls. And she also doesn't like rats, no matter how much I tell her they're awesome ;)

Ah the child issue doesn't appear to be a big one for my Sister and her boy. They've known each other a VERY long time and I can't imagine they would have gotten together if it were. I'm sure there will be a compromise of some sort and they'll sort something out. I don't think he's like super desperate to have a kid, just likes the idea. Besides, they too, have all the time in the world :)

Is your tummy all swishy from the water?! lol

Food looks nice matey :) xx

Yeyyy!! You HAVE to go and see it! I nearly always go to the cinema alone...which may sound quite sad but is pretty normal in Paris! F and I never agree on what film to see (he likes action...I like a good feel good!) It's great that you are able to get your Mum in for free though!

I'm totally with your Mum on the birds (and rats - OBVS!)! I really dislike birds, especially flappy birds! They really scare me.

Glad to hear your sis and her OH will sort things out.

Yeah, I was a bit swishy from the water, but mainly it meant I spent most of my day going to the loo!

x

So I'm back at work! It's funny because everyone else has that Friday feeling and I really don't!

Much better for my appetite, being at work! I snack a lot less! I'm also moving more as our office is over 6 floors and I've vowed to never take the lift, unless I'm with a customer haha! I end up doing 0-6 at least 3 times a day and am frequently hopping between 0-3. Man was it hard this morning though! I was really out of the swing of it!

Red Day

Breakfast: 2 wmb (HEB), bacon & egg
Lunch: ham salad followed by fruit salad & a free yoghurt
Snack: banana & raspberries (I still have an orange in my bag. I tend to have that just before home time. I'm really stroppy when I'm hungry and if I don't have something I normally bite F's head off as soon as I walk in the door!)
Dinner: Garlic & lemon lamb with cauliflower mash and green beans followed by fresh pineapple!

Last edited:
I've been the cinema a couple of times by myself. But I really haven't even had the time to go alone. And I feel guilty seeing a film I know someone else wants to see :eek:
But I might go and see A Long Way Down after work one day this week coz it's down to the last showing and I really want to see it! Going to try and get a couple of cinema trips in this week.
I saw The Muppets last night and it was really funny! Not as good as the first re-make/re-boot with Jason Segal, but still pretty good.....If you can ignore Ricky Gervais ;)
Might be going to see an Unlimited Screening of The Raid 2 on Monday but also want to see Captain America and The Grand Budapest too. There's so many films out atm!

Nice food for yesterday mate :)xx

There's no way I'd feel guilty! I hate waiting around for people to be free (we all seem to have such hectic schedules!). I did that a few times when I first got the card and ended up missing the film altogether! From that point on I decided there's no point, I'd rather go alone! Also, because friends & I don't have as much time together now as we did when we were at Uni, it's nice to be able to spend the time chatting! But each to their own :)

France isn't really a big fan of the Muppets so doubt I'll get to see that one. You have to go see The Grand Budapest though :D

Food was awesome yesterday, I've really really fallen in love with cauliflower mash! And I find it much easier to eat salad at work than at home. At home I have to include a hot/warm element (grilled chicken etc) otherwise I find it so unsatisfying but at work it doesn't bother me.

x

Red Day:

Breakfast: raspberry, banana & ff natural yoghurt
Lunch: Tuna salad followed by kiwi & pineapple fruit salad
Snack: mango chunks & a tangerine
Dinner: moussaka (parmesan = HEA), cauliflower mash & broccoli

x

Last edited:
Back