Secret Slimming in Paris

I think there was a good chance that DD's friend would have recognised me as there are photos on my thread. She's a nice enough girl but I wanted to maintain my privacy.

As to travelling - will you be coming North on the A1 or the M1? A lot of motorway service areas now have a Mark & Spencer Simply Food store so you could pick up salads and fruit in those whilst F has fast-food. Some service areas also have nice seating areas so you can get food from different places but still eat together - Peterborough service area and, I think, Blyth service area at Worksop are like this. I'm not too sure on M1 areas but I'm pretty certain Donington Park (near Nottingham) is like that too. You could buy cooked meats to nibble or if you get a sandwich get one on wholemeal bread and consider that you've used your HExB choice. You may decide that it's worth using a few Syns on some crisps if it helps you avoid the MDs!

Naughty Mum to sabotage your healthy eating! It's just as well you'll be doing the cooking but yes, I totally agree that you should enjoy your meal out with F and choose the food you'd really like to have.

You do right, I wouldn't want anyone to recognise me either!

Hmmm call me naive but I haven't planned the journey at all! My plan is to get off the ferry & plug in the GPS and see where it takes us! It's good to know there are M&S food shops, I'll definitely find some nice stuff in there! I also looked up that 4 chicken nuggets are 6 syns from MD, so if I did crack I could have those and be within syns!

Had a busy day today but I'm weirdly craving olive oil...I have no idea why! I cooked some potatoes in it for lunch hoping my cravings would be curved but they haven't. I don't think i have ever craved olive oil before!

I think I'm going to go with an EE day today.

Breakfast: scrambled eggs & cherry tomatoes
Lunch: 198g potatoes cooked in olive oil (HEB) with salad
Snack: strawberries & banana
Dinner: need to go to supermarket but I fancy a stirfry with noodles

I forgot to say that Charley, you would have been proud over the last few days! With all this walking in the Sun it's hard to keep Clevins out of it, the hood of the pram never seems to cover him fully so I've been taking my cardi off to drape over the push chair and protect him - meaning I've been showing bear arms!

I forgot to say that Charley, you would have been proud over the last few days! With all this walking in the Sun it's hard to keep Clevins out of it, the hood of the pram never seems to cover him fully so I've been taking my cardi off to drape over the push chair and protect him - meaning I've been showing bear arms!

Waaaaahooooo! Well done lovely. Get those arms out and get them bronzed!!!

Lol at craving olive oil! That's not something I've ever heard of before.

4 Chicken nuggets isn't too bad a choice if you cave and it's a good idea to have checked your options. In Marks today I spotted a little pot with 2 halved Hb eggs in and another one with sliced boiled new potato (in their skins) and beans. They could be useful snack items - or ideas for you to prepare ahead of your journey.

image.jpg

Congratulations on braving the bare arms - it just goes to show what we'll do for our children!

Hiii!!

We made it to the UK, our 600 mile journey actually went by quite quickly!

Up until now food hasn't been on plan as such but healthy. Today SW will reign again!

Breakfast: banana and yoghurt
Lunch: lasagna (HeA + 2 syns for bechamel) with salad
Dinner: something with turnip as I've been wanting it for ages!

Sophie! How are things going!?

I always think about you when I have fromage 0%, after discovering how to eat it properly I became a fan :)

Dare I say I'm coming back? Very shame-faced albeit.
Since finding out I was pregnant my head just hasn't been in the game. Now he's almost one year-old and I'm getting fatter and fatter.
It's a very clichéd time of year to start a diet but why not give it a go?
Wish me luck....

Hey,

Hope you don't mind me stopping by, I just decided to come back to minimins today and as I live in Belgium your food diary immediately appealed to me as someone who may get why it's tricky to stick to the diet when you don't live in the UK.

Good luck with the journey, I'm sure you'll do fab having seen that you previously managed to lose so much so fast!

D:)

Dare I say I'm coming back? Very shame-faced albeit.
Since finding out I was pregnant my head just hasn't been in the game. Now he's almost one year-old and I'm getting fatter and fatter.
It's a very clichéd time of year to start a diet but why not give it a go?
Wish me luck....

good luck!!
im in a similar position as my daughter is almost 1 aswell - cant blame it on baby weight any more lol
whens your little one turn 1?

Hi both!

Thanks for stopping by! It is tricky not being in the UK and not having access to lots of the ingredients mentioned in recipes. I'd also much rather go to a group, I tried signing up online but as soon as I got access to the site I realised it's a real rip off! Where are you based in Belgium?

My baby boy turns 1 next Friday. This year really has flown by!

So despite not entering my food I have been on plan since Monday. That's 3 whole days under my belt! Woohoo!

Yesterday I had a saintly meal of roast cauliflower with cabbage to make up for splurging a 15 syns on a slice of cake I had!

I'm off work today as my son was ill all night last night with a tummy bug :(.

He's napping now so I'm going to look up some recipes and try and plan some nice meals for the rest of the week.

Well done staying on plan! Good job, especially with the roast cauliflower and cabbage!

Hope your son is feeling better by now.

I'm based just outside of Leuven (or Louvain in French) and work in Brussels. I would love if there was a group - and there are so many expats here that maybe it would work but I'm not holding my breath. I'm glad I'm not the only one that finds the recipes difficult to follow abroad. I used to think I was ridiculous thinking that it was trickier but it really is, and I completely agree about the online membership - it's more expensive and doesn't have the support you can find here!

Good luck with your weekend, hope you found some good recipes :)

Gah I'm so rubbish at posting at the moment, really struggle to find the time! I am, however doing well on Slimming World - yeyy! I lost 3kg last week and 1kg this week. I cheated though and weighed in on Sunday morning as my son & I had our birthday party yesterday & I wanted to be able to eat party food. A whole week to get it off now!

Hope you're all doing well!x

Sophie - Hello! I have just discovered that minimins is back up and running - so nice to see some of my old chums, I cannot believe your son is 1! Time has sped by!

Anyway, just a little hello, my diary is up and running, well I re-started it, but my head has not been in it, come on girl - we can do this, think how well you did last year - I re-read my diary and I was all exercise-city, not now, I am exercise-sh!tty. I am a couch potato.

Right, lets get back in the game - are you with me?

Back