Secret Slimming in Paris

Hi Charley,

Clichy hasn't got a great reputation, to be honest!

What is your price range per night? I'll look into it for you lovely xx

Ah thanks for the advice hun, I will steer clear of Clichy then. Price range would be I guess what we were going to pay for Clichy - anything from £70 - £100 tops per night? We liked the look of the one in Clichy because it had a pool, gym and jacuzzi, but that's not a necessity for us. To be honest I would love to stay in a one off hotel, something boutique, without paying through the nose. I would love something traditional rather than a chain hotel, you know what I mean? Although honestly, it is just somewhere to sleep because we will be out and about all day and evening anyway.... As you can see, I am not fussy!

Merci Sophie!x

Hey Sophie :p, hope your well hun. Well done on the running. Didn't see your post on the challenge thread yesterday. Hope all is going well. :)

Kay xx

It's good that you're in no rush and aren't pressuring yourselves. You never know what could pop up in the future :)

I remember a good while ago when I re-started SW after a break over a Christmas time. And I put a post on FB saying I'd forgotten how poopy and windy SW makes you LOL! It's very true though!! Especially the more veg you eat and the more you turn yourself in to a composter...... the curse of being a healthy veggie ;) xx

It's crazy isn't it! Even my stomach is super noisy! I sort of feel bubbly sometimes... All part of the parcel, I guess! x

Hey hun, glad you enjoyed your run! I ache like a ***** still after day 1 still so I'm attempting day 2 tomorrow. It's my own fault though as I didn't do any stretches or complete the warm down properly, ah well, I know now! :rolleyes:

Glad you're enjoying the soup still, your food looks fab as always xxx

Oh no! Yeah stretching is definitely important! I spend a good 10 mins stretching when I get in then have another stretch before bedtime so I haven't been in any pain - luckily! Thanks again for the inspiration! I really am loving it!x

Ah thanks for the advice hun, I will steer clear of Clichy then. Price range would be I guess what we were going to pay for Clichy - anything from £70 - £100 tops per night? We liked the look of the one in Clichy because it had a pool, gym and jacuzzi, but that's not a necessity for us. To be honest I would love to stay in a one off hotel, something boutique, without paying through the nose. I would love something traditional rather than a chain hotel, you know what I mean? Although honestly, it is just somewhere to sleep because we will be out and about all day and evening anyway.... As you can see, I am not fussy!

Merci Sophie!x

Oh there are loads of places you could stay in central Paris with that budget! Almost definitely won't have the facilities of the hotel in Clichy but being in central Paris is so worthwhile! Clichy is renowned for terrible public transport, it has very little options to get to central Paris, from most parts you'd need to get 3 buses! I'll have a look at hotels for you (I've been really lazy today, sorry!) but when you're looking at hotels post codes 75001 to 75011 are a sure bet for a nice and central location. Most parts from 75012 to 75020 are nice too, but don't hesitate to ask for more advice, I'd stay clear of 75018 & 75019 which tend to be a little rough around the edges! x

Hey Sophie :p, hope your well hun. Well done on the running. Didn't see your post on the challenge thread yesterday. Hope all is going well. :)

Kay xx

Hey!! I'm here! Just finished stupidly late at work last night (10:30pm :() so just didn't have the energy when I got in! I'm still on the challenge & on track! Thanks for checking in! Hope you are doing well too!x

Sorry for being AWOL yesterday! Here's my food:

Green day, SOUP CHALLENGE DAY 4

Breakfast: raspberries & FFNY
Lunch: carrot & red lentil soup
Snack: Fruit salad
Dinner: bean casserole with mozzarella (HEA)
Snack: 16 peanuts (HEB)

And for today, Red day, SOUP CHALLENGE

Breakfast: strawberries & FFNY
Lunch: Vegetable soup with chicken & swirl of soft cheese (HEA)
Snack: fruit, FFNY
Dinner: Nothing! Too full and bubbly!

Last edited:
I have been so lazy today! I woke up a bit late and went out for my run at 7am instead of 6am and that hour made such a difference, there were so many people out! I will definitely stick to 6am in future where possible!

Really proud to have completed week 1 of the programme & I'm rearing to get started on week 2! I'm going to have Sat & Sun off though, and start on Monday.

I ended up getting a bit lost this morning (took a wrong turn) and I ended up walking for ages to get home! Good cool down though, I guess!

The rest of the day has been spent briefly cleaning the house and then snoozing on the couch & watching TV! I'm feeling very lazy but I definitely needed the sleep! I just hope I can sleep tonight...

Hope you all have a great Easter weekend!xxx

With all your early morning runs and such a late finish last night, I'm not surprised you've been snoozing! All the fresh air would also make you tired.

Have a good Easter yourself. I probably won't be on Minis until Monday evening at the earliest, because DD is coming for the holiday.

Thanks for always understanding, Patty!

I hope you have a really lovely weekend with DD and the weather is nice for you!

Happy Easter!x

Day 6 of soup challenge! I can't wait for it to be over, haha!

Green Day

Breakfast: egg, mushrooms, beans & cheese (HEA)
Lunch: chicken (HEB) & lentil soup with side salad (HEB for olive oil in soup)
Dinner: bean casserole with salad

Last edited:
So, I think I've gone crazy!

I've got nothing planned for today as most of my friends have gone to visit family in England and the ones that have stayed in Paris are doing stuff that's out of my price range!

I'm having a green day and I think all the lentils gave me too much energy and I just had to go for a run! In the middle of the day!

It was really nice to get all of that energy out but I think I may have been a bit dehydrated as I've got a mega headache now :-(

I'm going to chill for a bit and glug down lots and lots of water!

Might persuade my hubby to take me out somewhere tonight...

X

Afternoon Sophie :p, well done on the running and the water, your doing brill considering its Easter weekend ! Laughing at the lentils giving you extra energy, that's great hun :D. By day 4, the challenge does get a bit repetitive with the soup drinking, I can understand you being a bit bored with it now, but hey only 1 day to go and then Monday boom ! a really nice loss ! Hope it gonna be worth the wait for you. You should have a day off plan on Monday to celebrate too.

Hope you have a lovely night out tonight with your OH. Look forward to reading your updates on the challenge thread. :)

Kay xx

Oh man, I can so relate to the soup challenge angst! Its a great challenge for weight loss as I do feel lighter, but I never want to see a soup EVER again!! LOL. Hopefully that feeling will pass after a few days!

Well done on completing week 1, and for your extra run today! You're on fire! Did you start week 2 today or is this just a little extra one? I wish I had the courage to run outside, but I still feel too paranoid! Hopefully in a few more stone I'll feel less self conscious.

Sorry you're a bit bored, but hey, you're in Paris! Get yourself to the Louvre! :) I refuse to have sympathy for anyone bored in Paris, just because! :p;) Hope you have a nice night out tonight, sounds like you deserve one after all your hard work this week. Are you weighing in on Monday this week same as me? xx

Afternoon Sophie :p, well done on the running and the water, your doing brill considering its Easter weekend ! Laughing at the lentils giving you extra energy, that's great hun :D. By day 4, the challenge does get a bit repetitive with the soup drinking, I can understand you being a bit bored with it now, but hey only 1 day to go and then Monday boom ! a really nice loss ! Hope it gonna be worth the wait for you. You should have a day off plan on Monday to celebrate too.

Hope you have a lovely night out tonight with your OH. Look forward to reading your updates on the challenge thread. :)

Kay xx

Thanks Kay! I must say, I don't know how you managed to do it for a whole week and so effortlessly! I'm dying today! I had soup for lunch but we're having a roast tonight and there is no way I can pass on roast potatoes & parsnips! I'll be careful and try and stay within my HEBs, but it does mean I won't have been carb free all week.

We didn't end up going out last night, we stayed in and watched a film, snuggled up on the sofa. It was just as nice really!

Here's hoping I won't disappoint you tomorrow! xx

Oh man, I can so relate to the soup challenge angst! Its a great challenge for weight loss as I do feel lighter, but I never want to see a soup EVER again!! LOL. Hopefully that feeling will pass after a few days!

Well done on completing week 1, and for your extra run today! You're on fire! Did you start week 2 today or is this just a little extra one? I wish I had the courage to run outside, but I still feel too paranoid! Hopefully in a few more stone I'll feel less self conscious.

Sorry you're a bit bored, but hey, you're in Paris! Get yourself to the Louvre! :) I refuse to have sympathy for anyone bored in Paris, just because! :p;) Hope you have a nice night out tonight, sounds like you deserve one after all your hard work this week. Are you weighing in on Monday this week same as me? xx

Yeah, it's def good for weight loss, my infamous River Island jeans were baggy when I put them on this morning! And they'd just come out of the tumble dryer! You can't imaging how happy I was and how I never believed that would ever happen! I now have to have my belt on the tightest hole to keep them up!

To be honest I still feel silly running outside, but for me it's more the stopping and starting that I find embarrassing. I'm hoping I'll feel more confident in 9 weeks time when I can run 5 km in one go!

Haha, you're right! I totally take living in Paris for granted sometimes! I just couldn't face going into the centre yesterday as there are soooo many people with it being a bank holiday. Fighting your way through a crowd of people becomes very tiring very quickly! But you're right, I shouldn't be moaning! Sorry!!

I am indeed weighing in tomorrow...fingers crossed for us both! I'm hoping for my 3.5 stone award and maybe even my half century! It would be amazing for you to get your 6 stone award too!

Hope you have a lovely Easter!xx

Awww! So cute! Happy Easter to you too hun!!xx

Day 7 of Soup challenge, Red day

Breakfast: boiled egg, strawberries & melon
Lunch: chicken & vegetable soup
Snack: 2 x babybel (HEA)
Dinner: roast chicken & roast pork, turnip, carrots, broccoli, 100g potatoes (1/2 HEB 1) 90g parsnips (1/2 HEB 1) roasted in olive oil (HEB2)

Hope I can stick to the dinner plan!

x

Yeah, it's def good for weight loss, my infamous River Island jeans were baggy when I put them on this morning! And they'd just come out of the tumble dryer! You can't imaging how happy I was and how I never believed that would ever happen! I now have to have my belt on the tightest hole to keep them up!

To be honest I still feel silly running outside, but for me it's more the stopping and starting that I find embarrassing. I'm hoping I'll feel more confident in 9 weeks time when I can run 5 km in one go!

Haha, you're right! I totally take living in Paris for granted sometimes! I just couldn't face going into the centre yesterday as there are soooo many people with it being a bank holiday. Fighting your way through a crowd of people becomes very tiring very quickly! But you're right, I shouldn't be moaning! Sorry!!

I am indeed weighing in tomorrow...fingers crossed for us both! I'm hoping for my 3.5 stone award and maybe even my half century! It would be amazing for you to get your 6 stone award too!

Hope you have a lovely Easter!xx

Thanks hun, you too! You don't have to apologise at all. I was moaning on FB earlier about having to study on Easter Sunday and then I remembered I'm going on holiday in 2 weeks and the last thing I should be doing is complaining! I think sometimes the grass is just greener on the other side. Bet it was crazy busy in the centre yesterday, I didn't think of that. I guess all the flocks of tourists must start to get a bit annoying as it comes into summer.

Well done on completing the soup challenge, fingers crossed for a great result tomorrow. Sounds like you'll get one by the sounds of it with those RI jeans. That must have felt great! I'm pre * week and all bloaty atm so drinking like a fish today to try and ease it, if I don't get my 6st award I might cry! lol

Know what you mean about the stopping and starting. I feel like that in the gym, I keep thinking people must be looking at me and thinking how unfit I am. Ah well, they'd be right, haha!

I'm just about to have my last soup for tea, it's the last thing I want in the world right now but gonna just force it down and think of WI tomorrow. Enjoy your yummy sounding easter dinner! xxx

Day 7 of Soup challenge, Red day

Breakfast: boiled egg, strawberries & melon
Lunch: chicken & vegetable soup
Snack: 2 x babybel (HEA)
Dinner: roast chicken & roast pork, turnip, carrots, broccoli, 100g potatoes (1/2 HEB 1) 90g parsnips (1/2 HEB 1) roasted in olive oil (HEB2)

Hope I can stick to the dinner plan!

x

Well done on the challenge Sophie and good luck for tomorrow's weigh in hun, I know you will do super ! :D

Kay xx

I'm ecstatic!!! I've lost 3kgs with Kay's fab soup challenge (it suddenly makes all the soup drinking worth it hehe) which means I get my 3.5 stone award aaaand my 1/2 century award!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woohoo!!

I scraped the 3.5 stone by the skin of my teeth (I didn't realise how far away I was!) but I'm uber happy!

I woke up this morning really tired and began convincing myself that I didn't have to go for a run today, that I could go tomorrow instead. Then I got on the scales and suddenly had so much energy and really wanted to go and run! So I've completed run 1 of week 2 now :) such a happy day!

It's actually quite scary how happy those scales are making me feel right now!!xx

Thanks hun, you too! You don't have to apologise at all. I was moaning on FB earlier about having to study on Easter Sunday and then I remembered I'm going on holiday in 2 weeks and the last thing I should be doing is complaining! I think sometimes the grass is just greener on the other side. Bet it was crazy busy in the centre yesterday, I didn't think of that. I guess all the flocks of tourists must start to get a bit annoying as it comes into summer.

Well done on completing the soup challenge, fingers crossed for a great result tomorrow. Sounds like you'll get one by the sounds of it with those RI jeans. That must have felt great! I'm pre * week and all bloaty atm so drinking like a fish today to try and ease it, if I don't get my 6st award I might cry! lol

Know what you mean about the stopping and starting. I feel like that in the gym, I keep thinking people must be looking at me and thinking how unfit I am. Ah well, they'd be right, haha!

I'm just about to have my last soup for tea, it's the last thing I want in the world right now but gonna just force it down and think of WI tomorrow. Enjoy your yummy sounding easter dinner! xxx

The grass definitely is greener on the other side! I can't believe you're going on holiday so soon! You must be so excited! I know you're going to smash your target of 6 stone less luggage! Have you done your summery Primark shop yet?

Yep, the tourists do get a bit annoying, mainly because where there are tourists there are pickpockets so you have to be extra careful with your bag in tourist season. But hey, I love being a tourist in other places so I can't complain!

At least we're getting fitter! A few months from now and we'll be running 5k easy peasy! At the moment my OH is a bit like Chris, he hasn't actually said that he doesn't think I can do it, but I can tell he thinks it's another one of my fads. I'll show him! I think it'll be so nice to be able to run! I've worked out that if I follow the programme then I should be done in time for my work away days in July. We normally do lots of physical activities so it would be great to be able to participate fully this year!

I've got my fingers and toes crossed for you! Damn *week! At least it'll be over and done with before your hols though!

I'll be keeping an eye on minis to find out how you've done!

xx

Well done on the challenge Sophie and good luck for tomorrow's weigh in hun, I know you will do super ! :D

Kay xx

Thanks for all your support throughout the week Kay! This is definitely a shared success!!xxx

I just can't stop smiling at my half century badge!x

Back